ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2013 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271256)

RealSNR 03-18-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9510815)
Way to stick to your guns, SNR. In reality Geno is still in play at #1 overall. Smith, Daniel, Smith as the qb depth for KC is a dream come true after having to endure Cassel, Palko & the waterboy. My question Mr. Chiefs GM what becomes of Mr. Hot Shot Can't Miss 5th Round Steal Ricky Stanzi?

The Kansas City Chiefs are currently in negotiations with the Minnesota Vikings to trade Alex Tanney, just so Cassel has somebody on the roster that he can feel good about beating out. It remains to be seen if they are interested.

RealSNR 03-18-2013 12:05 PM

Again, this mock draft is an exercise in making the best possible team against other owners with the exact same goal. Accuracy is not what counts. This is a simulated draft environment. It's an opportunity to stand your ground and say, "Yes, sometimes my ideas ARE better than a real NFL GM's, and I intend to prove it. I am not faced with money or job security issues, or other meddling things that can get in the way of pursuing the best solutions for a team."

I'm glad so many people support my Geno pick. I only wish we could undo the past treat Hamas with the same respect when he selected Mark Sanchez.

Direckshun 03-18-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9510784)
Reid and Dorsey have set this team up to succeed in a big way this draft. The only glaring hole seems to be at ILB, with question marks at one of the DL spots, one or two of the spots on the offensive line, and at RB2. Knowing Andy Reid, he will want all of those addressed quickly and efficiently. But really, that’s not a bad position to be in. Nearly every single team in the NFL has a handful of question marks at the starter spots (even the Super Bowl champion Ravens). It basically comes down to picking the best player available, knowing that whoever we pick might not start.

Conventional wisdom tells us that one of the OTs is the best pick, but I don’t see it that way. I haven’t all year. Joeckel is NOT Andy Reid’s kind of tackle, and even if he were, just because a tackle has sound technique doesn’t mean he’s ready or capable of being great in the NFL. I prefer Eric Fisher much more here, but then you’re picking a small school guy at #1 overall.

That’s what people don’t get about this “Well, just pick an OT here” philosophy. It’s the #1 pick. I ****ing refuse to take a derpy position at #1 if that player isn’t ****mazing. I don’t see Ndamukong Suh. I don’t see Calvin Johnson. And I don’t see Orlando Pace. I don’t even see Jake Long. And at pass rushing talent? ****, we’re either taking Rawface McRawraw or the Marcus McNeill of OLBs. Christ, what a ****ing mess.

Really, I would play by the “normal” rules if we traded down. I really would, guys. But a deal has not been announced, and this isn’t the alt mock. So I’m either picking a DL prospect in Floyd who penetrates gaps as well as Tyson Jackson does (i.e. he “needs to develop” pass rush moves) or I’m taking an OT that I very much doubt can play as well as Branden Albert in the league.

QB makes sense. Even with the contracts of Alex and Daniel it makes sense. We don’t know if either of them are franchise QBs. We don’t know. And there is a franchise QB available at our pick. And he fits the positional value appropriate for #1 overall. I’m the GM of this Kansas City Chiefs team, and I’m making the pick that I would make in the real position. And here I’m going with common sense and who I believe to be the best overall player. If you want to chew me out, go ahead. I’ve got enough reason and evidence to support my decision. Do you?

The Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia.

Way to rape this draft.

DeezNutz 03-18-2013 12:10 PM

Where the **** is Flopnuts?

Nightfyre 03-18-2013 12:10 PM

I thought we had established that this mock was representative of what we would do as GMs, not what we thought the team would do. I love the GSIII pick.

ChiefsCountry 03-18-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9510957)
I thought we had established that this mock was representative of what we would do as GMs, not what we thought the team would do. I love the GSIII pick.

This.

ChiefsCountry 03-18-2013 12:11 PM

Besides the Chiefs will more than likely trade with Buffalo so Geno is going #1, thus the real mock and this one aren't much different.

RealSNR 03-18-2013 12:23 PM

Not for nothing, but Flopnuts DID post this in the discussion thread not long ago. Apparently not a **** was given, because nobody responded to it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9499780)
I just found out today my work load increases dramatically on Saturday. I'm concerned I'm going to be a liability to this thing. Is there anyone qualified that can do this? If not, I'll find the time. If someone can handle it, you're better off than me. I can't control my work schedule. But I'll do my best if there isn't anyone who can take over.

Direckshun 03-18-2013 12:24 PM

**** it, let's throw Sac a bone.

RealSNR 03-18-2013 12:37 PM

Flopnuts has 24 hours. Just give him a second.

KevB 03-18-2013 12:51 PM

I could step in for Flopnuts if he's still looking to step away....

Nightfyre 03-18-2013 12:54 PM

I was joking, since it had been all of twenty minutes when I made my post.

Sorter 03-18-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9510784)

The Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia.

GM Boxxy approves.

Mr. Flopnuts 03-18-2013 03:01 PM

Sorry guys had to work. I won't normally hold this thing up like this, and am ready to pick. The Eagles need offensive line help desperately. There is only one choice.

The Philadelphia Eagles select Eric Fisher OT out of Central Michigan Fact is, I like his upside better than the Jokester and think he will be the best OT out of this draft.

The Franchise 03-18-2013 03:03 PM

Sfeihc PM'd me his pick.

The Detroit Lions select Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU.