ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   My Mock Drafts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269177)

CaliforniaChief 01-22-2013 11:21 AM

My Mock Drafts

I thought I would post my mock drafts...I'll keep them in this thread and update them over time. Feel free to destroy me.

I'm assuming a compensatory pick in the 3rd and 7th.

Round 1
Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
I think he'll shoot up draft boards and become the choice with good measurables, a good interview, and a great pro day throwing to Bailey/Austin.

Round 2
Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
A big, physical cornerback. I love this guy, and wouldn't even mind moving back up into the first to get him.

Round 3
Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
I love his name. Even more, I love that he's a ball hawk. Looking forward to seeing how his stock climbs/falls.

Round 3 Comp.
Devin Taylor, DE, South Carolina
This guy is massive and a perfect 3-4 DE, especially considering the likely departure of Dorsey and cut/restructure of Tyson Jackson. Apparently he is getting a lot of attention from the East-West Shrine game.

Round 4
Denard Robinson, WR/KR/QB, Michigan
He is a playmaker. He's very raw, but I think he could be coached up into something really dangerous on offense.

Round 5
A.J. Klein, MLB, Iowa State
I have doubts that he'll be available here. Smart guy, tackling machine, fills a huge need on our roster.

Round 6
Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
Very productive RB at UCLA. Versatile RB who would fit well in a Reid offense, IMO.

Round 7
Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union
I know that we were talking to him, and I know that the last WR out of Mount Union is doing pretty well in the NFL. That's all I know about him.

Round 7 Comp.
Jordan Kovacs, S, Michigan
I'm pretty much just talking out of my backside with this one. Just saw a few mocks with him in the 7th and I've seen him play a couple times.

RealSNR 01-22-2013 11:26 AM

Love the first one, though at this point Xavier Rhodes will zoom up draft boards by April. He might very well be a top 15 pick when all is said and done. Way out of our reach with the 2nd round pick.

CaliforniaChief 01-22-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9341207)
Love the first one, though at this point Xavier Rhodes will zoom up draft boards by April. He might very well be a top 15 pick when all is said and done. Way out of our reach with the 2nd round pick.

I could very well see that happening. I think the success of Browner/Sherman in Seattle reinforces the idea of big, strong corners.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind moving up into the first to get him...but yeah if he's top 15, it would take more than a 3rd to do it...and I'm not sure that's the right play.

Rambozo 01-22-2013 12:09 PM

That would be a great draft...

The first six picks + Collins in the 7th would be awesome. But, I am worried Taylor and Rambo won't make it out of the second.

PhillyChiefFan 01-22-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9341207)

Can we plant some drugs on him or something? :shrug:

Nightfyre 01-22-2013 06:07 PM

I like it a lot. Nitpicky, but I don't think Jonathan Franklin makes it out of the third.

the Talking Can 01-22-2013 06:16 PM

no problem taking rambo in the 3rd, not exited about Robinson in the 4th

today's report on Franklin

Quote:

After two practices it appears UCLA's Johnathan Franklin has a leg-up on Oregon's Kenjon Barner and Fresno State's Robbie Rouse for the top rusher on the North team. That was helped in big part by a solid showing in pass protection drills Tuesday.

Aside from Harvard fullback Kyle Justzczyk, who blew up defenders, Franklin showed consistent blocking abilities, which will go a long way in helping him get noticed by NFL clubs. He already has a good reputation as a rusher.

"He does a really nice job of using his hands and his feet to block," a team scout told CBSSports.com. "He's got good speed and is just big enough to handle pass protection. We've had our eyes on him for some time."

Barner has been known for his speed, which was on display again at practice, but he remains iffy as a blocker. He didn't have to do much of that at Oregon. On Tuesday he would struggle with protection but get back up and try again. You can tell he's still learning.

Rouse struggled in protection and has really proven to be a pure speed back. Comparisons to Darren Sproles are fair not only because of his size but because of his strengths as a home-run rusher and receiver.

That leaves Franklin as the consensus top back on the North squad, followed by Barner and Rouse.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ro...g-backs-report

CaliforniaChief 01-22-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9342389)
I like it a lot. Nitpicky, but I don't think Jonathan Franklin makes it out of the third.

I hadn't even seen yours before I posted mine. Could be right on Franklin. Apparently he's having a nice week so far. Looks proficient as a blocker, as opposed to some of the other guys who haven't shown that ability yet.

I'd swap that out for Lattimore, though. Like you said, a nice luxury pick with a high ceiling.

CaliforniaChief 01-29-2013 09:02 PM

I'm sold on Wheaton from OSU and would see him going in the 2nd round. The reports out of Mobile have him comped to Mike Wallace and that he runs crisp routes and has good hands. Yes, please. Thanks, SNR I think.

I think now we could be looking at Denard Robinson being available in the 5th round. I still want him. He is just raw, but can be coached up. He has blazing speed, could run the read option, and be an all purpose guy for us.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9363355)
I'm sold on Wheaton from OSU and would see him going in the 2nd round. The reports out of Mobile have him comped to Mike Wallace and that he runs crisp routes and has good hands. Yes, please. Thanks, SNR I think.

I think now we could be looking at Denard Robinson being available in the 5th round. I still want him. He is just raw, but can be coached up. He has blazing speed, could run the read option, and be an all purpose guy for us.

Robinson will probably be available later than the 5th at this point.

I would absolutely draft him late. He's the perfect use of a late-round pick, boom or bust.