ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Secondary market ticket prices (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300276)

CanadianChiefan 06-08-2016 04:26 PM

Secondary market ticket prices

Hello, I am a Canadian who has 4 Season tickets for the Chiefs in 337. This year for Christmas me and a decently large group are coming down for the Christmas Day game. With only having 4 seats we will need to buy some on the secondary market.

Looking on stub hub currently tix in the section are going for ~90$ cheapest for that game. Clearly value will depend on how the season goes but as an optimist and realist I am hoping for a great season.

My question more or less is it worth buying tix now at 90 For the game? Do they depreciate closer to the season? I have to assume anytime within the season that's going to sky rocket. It's sort of a buzz are question but if anyone can provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Go Chiefs!

teedubya 06-08-2016 04:28 PM

I'd wait... when the Chiefs lose a couple, people will be trying to dump them, I'd bet. We Chiefs fans are fickle ****s.

Bowser 06-08-2016 04:28 PM

It's a gamble either way. If they chug to a 14-2 record, $90 will be cheap by the time that game gets here. If they stumble and fall to 5-11, you could probably get those tickets for 20 bucks or less by then.

lewdog 06-08-2016 04:29 PM

Are you in anyway friends with KC Connection here at CP?

Bowser 06-08-2016 04:29 PM

Just FTR, I have bought a club level seat for $30 in the parking lot. Of course, that was 15 minutes after kickoff, but still....

KCUnited 06-08-2016 04:35 PM

Do you guys have cell phones yet? If so, I'd come on down and buy secondary market the day of. Not sure what the dollar to shilling conversion rate will be, but you should be good.

Pablo 06-08-2016 05:03 PM

Just load your pockets full of maple syrup and trade for tickets with it in the parking lot. I think that's what most of the snow people do.

Dayze 06-08-2016 05:52 PM

LMAO. Snow people.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Why Not? 06-08-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChiefan (Post 12266372)
Hello, I am a Canadian who has 4 Season tickets for the Chiefs in 337. This year for Christmas me and a decently large group are coming down for the Christmas Day game. With only having 4 seats we will need to buy some on the secondary market.

Looking on stub hub currently tix in the section are going for ~90$ cheapest for that game. Clearly value will depend on how the season goes but as an optimist and realist I am hoping for a great season.

My question more or less is it worth buying tix now at 90 For the game? Do they depreciate closer to the season? I have to assume anytime within the season that's going to sky rocket. It's sort of a buzz are question but if anyone can provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Go Chiefs!

Find Bricks. Kick his ass. Send me pics. I'll buy the tickets for you.

Predarat 06-08-2016 06:56 PM

It really depends, a few losses they go down, a big winning streak they go up. It also depends on the weather, under 60 degrees or a 25% chance of rain they go down too. Opps strike that last sentence and delete it, that was Titans fans I was thinking of.

BossChief 06-08-2016 07:29 PM

Even in off years, Bronco home game tix usually retain their value...and if both teams are competitive, it's gonna be hard to get tickets.

I may be missing an element of Christmas...but I don't think you would regret buying them early.

coolstorm92 06-08-2016 09:43 PM

If you are sure you are going to need them, I would pick them up sooner than later. They may drop a little in value depending on the win/loss record and the weather but considering its a Sunday night Christmas game vs. the Broncos I would not gamble on that happening.

$90 is about face value anyway.

TribalElder 06-08-2016 09:44 PM

Check stub hub

Good luck!

Gonzo 06-08-2016 10:56 PM

Buy them now. KC will be 12-4 this year. 90 bucks is about as low as they'll go.

SAUTO 06-09-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolstorm92 (Post 12266899)
If you are sure you are going to need them, I would pick them up sooner than later. They may drop a little in value depending on the win/loss record and the weather but considering its a Sunday night Christmas game vs. the Broncos I would not gamble on that happening.

$90 is about face value anyway.

This