ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Two and a Half Men minus Charlie plus Asston. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250243)

rocknrolla 09-20-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7927184)
It's a network show, so of course it's a pile of crap.

This!

The Rick 09-20-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 7926869)
Speaking of Sheen, did anyone see the roast on Comedy Central last night?

ROFL

Jeff Ross is the man when it comes to roasting someone, and I thought the young blonde chick was going to make Steve-O seriously cry when she joked about Ryan Dunn's death. Shatner was a nice surprise...much funnier than I anticipated.

Nobody watched the Sheen roast last night? I'm disappointed...

Forgot about one of the best jokes of the night. Can't remember who told it, but it went like this:

"Charlie Sheen and Bruce Willis have a lot in common. They were both big stars in the '80s, and now both are having their old slots filled by Ashton Kutcher!"

memyselfI 09-20-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 7927274)

Forgot about one of the best jokes of the night. Can't remember who told it, but it went like this:

"Charlie Sheen and Bruce Willis have a lot in common. They were both big stars in the '80s, and now both are having their old slots filled by Ashton Kutcher!"

:clap:LMAO:hmmm::clap:

ModSocks 09-20-2011 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 7927274)

I watched it. It was pretty good.

My favorite, I forgot who said it, but it went something like this:

"With all the damage you've been doing to your kidneys, liver, lungs and heart, I'm amazed the only thing you've had removed were your kids!"

The Rick 09-20-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7927681)
I watched it. It was pretty good.

My favorite, I forgot who said it, but it went something like this:

"With all the damage you've been doing to your kidneys, liver, lungs and heart, I'm amazed the only thing you've had removed were your kids!"

Yeah, some of the shots taken at Sheen were brutal, but I thought he was a really good sport about the whole thing...

Valiant 09-21-2011 12:40 PM

Well. At least the show will probably get the record for biggest dropoff from premier numbers.

memyselfI 09-21-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7930234)
Well. At least the show will probably get the record for biggest dropoff from premier numbers.

Hope so. I want the show to implode.

DaKCMan AP 09-21-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 7930513)
Hope so. I want the show to implode.

We want you to implode.

-King- 09-21-2011 10:55 PM

They really amped up the laugh track usage making it twice as unfunny.

Seriously... laugh tracks do nothing to enhance shows. I have no idea why shows still use it.

Well **** it... I was watching it as I typed up this post, but I can't get past this funeral scene. Wow.

Baby Lee 02-15-2013 09:08 PM

This week's show was remarkably well written.

Not the highest brow of humor, but well written.

The manscaping comparison, followed by Berta's 'I knew that was how you paid for rent?'

Asston telling Duckie to leave his junk alone or he'd have to put a cone on it?

Rose being Kate's investor?

InChiefsHeaven 02-17-2013 08:38 AM

I actually watched it this week. Seriously, I don't think I've watched a full episode since Asston showed up. I did see the song and dance with the gay guy a couple weeks ago...To me, it's as weak as it ever was since Charlie left. They are trying way too hard with Allen's character, the relationship with he and Asston just doesn't work.

I did find it interesting that Rose showed up, and I assumed this is the first time she's been seen since the end of Charlie? Translation, writers are desperate to bring back another character that worked well before. The problem is, Rose was great because of Charlie.

Show sucks. That is all.

BlackHelicopters 02-17-2013 08:45 AM

Networks shovel it, the American public loves to roll around in it.