ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 05:34 PM

Holy shit that's puke inducing.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-01-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9649765)
Geno Smith Was Texting and on Twitter While Meeting with NFL Teams Prior to the NFL Draft

Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.

“All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself,” one of the sources said. “That’s not what you want out of your quarterback.”

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...the-nfl-draft/

Wow. Props to Dorsey. Amazing what happens when you find out whtat's happening behind the scene.

There has got to be a serious problem for someone with his talent to fall to the second round. With so many QB needy teams. Throw in, that it looks(troubling) like ANdy Reid likes be the Bob Vila for run down players....

Setsuna 05-01-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9649834)

Is that supposed to affect me in some way? He's the Pillsbury Doughboy Reborn. He will be reborn in flour and salt. Gabbert is his Nissa Nissa. So what troll?

Namor40 05-01-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9634338)
Dude, I was for drafting Geno because I want a QOTF for a damn change. He was the best available in a bad class. But, that he fell so far....... these teams had a chance to talk to him, check his background etc and they said no thanks in the first round should give even the staunchest Geno backer some pause.

The fact that Andy Reid, a guy who's well known for his prowess with QB's decided to take Alex Smith rather than draft any QB's in this draft should have been a clue that this was a putrid QB class indeed. Neither Manuel nor Geno are 1st rounders in any quality QB class, were Geno coming out in next year's draft, he could have very well ended up in the 3rd round or even further down the boards.

Just a lot of mediocre quarterbacks that have issues with either mental aptitude, arm strength, accuracy, or a combination of all of the above. I can see Barkley becoming a decent starter, and Nassib I felt has the best overall potential of any of them. I love the Bray pickup, if he can sit and watch, develop, he could turn into a decent QB down the road. I think Manuel and Geno are both going to end up as epic busts for their respective teams.

Namor40 05-01-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9632966)
Russell Wilson says hi.

The problem is why these guys were passed on. Wilson was passed on because they felt he was too short to be successful as a QB in the NFL. Mel Kiper had stated that were Wilson 6'2", he would have been a Top 10 pick, tremendous intagibles and leadership ability.

Kaepernick, he went in the second because it was doubtful whether or not he could take snaps behind center in a pro style offense, nobody ever doubted his leadership ability or intagibles.

With Geno, he's a guy with 1st round talent who has his leadership ability and intangibles openly questioned.

AussieChiefsFan 05-13-2013 09:35 PM

Guise...

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...19062097_n.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-13-2013 10:32 PM

Official "Lets Nevar Draft A QB" Thread
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 05-14-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9650114)
Is that supposed to affect me in some way? He's the Pillsbury Doughboy Reborn. He will be reborn in flour and salt. Gabbert is his Nissa Nissa. So what troll?

You're a bit of a douche sometimes, but REP. Awesome post LMAO

burt 03-03-2016 07:47 PM

Gosh I miss how much all these guys know football....GENO SMITH FOR PRESIDENT!!

BigCatDaddy 03-03-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 12112068)

Didnt you want to draft the MLB with the imaginary girlfriend number 1 overall?

TLO 03-03-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 12112068)

Sweet bump brah.

Marcellus 03-04-2016 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12112110)
Didnt you want to draft the MLB with the imaginary girlfriend number 1 overall?

You been following this draft class much?

BigCatDaddy 03-04-2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12112973)

I feel like a punchline is coming here , but to answer your question. I have never followed college football or the draft as little as I have the last few years.

Chief Northman 03-04-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9650114)

Why the hell is Rollie Fingers in a photo with Luke Joeckel?

RealSNR 03-04-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12112973)

Yeah. Dorsey got far better players out of the 2013 class than the 2014 class.

burt expects us to go "I was wrong please forgive me for Geno Smith!"

I will never apologize for pounding the table for a QB, and neither should an NFL team. Well, unless the circumstances are extreme, like Brandon Weeden, Tim Tebow, or Johnny Football. Then you should absolutely apologize.