ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Who is the non-qb player you trade up for in this draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305814)

Chief Northman 02-06-2017 09:10 PM

Who is the non-qb player you trade up for in this draft?

Many discussions about who and how we trade up for a potential QBOTF in this draft, and rightly so. The time has come.

But is there a player in this draft that you feel would be a huge impact add to the roster, and would be ok with a moderate trade up to go get?

For me, that player is Reuben Foster. This man plays with violence and instinct that was last displayed by the likes of Urlacher and Lewis. I think Foster could bring a whole new level of attitude and intimidation to this defence. If he escapes the top 10 picks, I would want the Chiefs to try to get to him.

Willie Lanier 02-07-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12731307)
Many discussions about who and how we trade up for a potential QBOTF in this draft, and rightly so. The time has come.

But is there a player in this draft that you feel would be a huge impact add to the roster, and would be ok with a moderate trade up to go get?

For me, that player is Reuben Foster. This man plays with violence and instinct that was last displayed by the likes of Urlacher and Lewis. I think Foster could bring a whole new level of attitude and intimidation to this defence. If he escapes the top 10 picks, I would want the Chiefs to try to get to him.

Foster is my favorite player in this draft...

That said I see almost zero chance of us trading up far enough to get him

chiefscafan 02-07-2017 10:45 AM

Being a Bama fan I love foster but he isn't falling out of top 13

Sandy Vagina 02-07-2017 10:53 AM

Yep. The only non-QB prospect that I'd consider it worthy enough to want KC to trade up for.

He's not Patrick Willis/sub-4.5 speed level though.. and even that type was selected 11th and 15th, respectively. So if Foster gets into the 15-20 range, I'd not complain if KC makes a move.

Sfeihc 02-08-2017 09:33 AM

Jabril Peppers

kccrow 02-08-2017 12:21 PM

Non-QB? ****... The only ones that I'd consider actually even falling within reasonable range, meaning a few picks, are Corey Davis and Zach Cunningham. There are other guys I like a bunch, but they aren't falling.

Black Bob 02-08-2017 06:30 PM

Reuben Foster

staylor26 02-08-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bob (Post 12733542)
Reuben Foster

Bingo. Foster would be fantastic in this defense.

philfree 02-09-2017 10:01 AM

No need to trade up in this draft. I'ts deep with edge players, CB, S and RB. There will be a real good prospect available when we pick so we just need to take what the draft hands us in the 1st round. Stock the D with the best Edge player or CB that's on the board.

RunKC 02-09-2017 10:06 AM

Not sure about his speed but Malik Hooker has incredible ball skills. Imagine him in the same secondary as Peters and Berry?

Goddamn

kccrow 02-09-2017 04:23 PM

Can't see Foster making it out of the top 12. If I'm going up that high its for a QB. Pipe dream. Next.

milkman 02-12-2017 11:55 AM

Not to derail the discussion, but I never saw Urlacher with the kind of violence that Lewis played with.

He played with outstanding instinct combined with excellent speed.

kccrow 02-12-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12737848)
Not to derail the discussion, but I never saw Urlacher with the kind of violence that Lewis played with.

Guy seemed to always be in the right place. I agree he wasn't as violent, not that he didn't lay the wood, but he was just a fundamentally sound, great linebacker.

Buehler445 02-13-2017 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12737848)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12737994)
Guy seemed to always be in the right place. I agree he wasn't as violent, not that he didn't lay the wood, but he was just a fundamentally sound, great linebacker.

These. His deal was he could plug the hole at LOS and run 90 yards with Dallas Clark, Gonzo, or Jason Witten.

He made the Tampon 2 work in Chicago. And frankly because you need players like that is why the Tampon 2 isn't viable.

Dante84 02-13-2017 11:14 AM

Just watched Foster's USC tape.

Jeeeeeeeesus.