ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Skyy God 01-21-2008 02:05 PM

Is there a way to tell the number of online players in a particular game (I've got COD2 and 3 in mind) without owning the game (i.e., through the XBL site)? I'm trying to decide whether to buy them for the multiplayer but would like to avoid having little/no competition.

If this is a painfully n00bish question, please bear with me. I just got the 360 in December and DSL service this am.

007 01-21-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie
Is there a way to tell the number of online players in a particular game (I've got COD2 and 3 in mind) without owning the game (i.e., through the XBL site)? I'm trying to decide whether to buy them for the multiplayer but would like to avoid having little/no competition.

If this is a painfully n00bish question, please bear with me. I just got the 360 in December and DSL service this am.

Without the game no. I can tell you however that both 2 and 3 are still popular on multiplayer.

Skyy God 01-21-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Without the game no. I can tell you however that both 2 and 3 are still popular on multiplayer.

Thanks, Guru. Which do you prefer? Most of the comments I've read are that the maps in 3 are too wide open and that it plays like BF. Personally, I'm not a fan of the BF elements (tanks, etc). I've played a lot of 1 & 2 on the PC and love most of those maps.

QuikSsurfer 01-21-2008 03:03 PM

COD 2 plays better than COD 3 - though COD 3 has a few better MP options (you can take up to 3 guests online with you). The maps are larger and more wide open on COD 3. I have no clue about how many players are still playing these two. I wouldn't imagine you'd have any trouble finding matches for either of these though.

007 01-21-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
COD 2 plays better than COD 3 - though COD 3 has a few better MP options (you can take up to 3 guests online with you). The maps are larger and more wide open on COD 3. I have no clue about how many players are still playing these two. I wouldn't imagine you'd have any trouble finding matches for either of these though.

yeah, 2 is better by far.

Ceej 01-21-2008 09:46 PM

For you COD4'ers what custom gun set do you use?

Lately I've been using the M4 or M1 with red dot, deep impact, martyrdom and something else - escapes my mind.

I need to play more, because I'm only rank17.

QuikSsurfer 01-21-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles

Lately I've been using the M4 or M1 with red dot, deep impact, martyrdom and something else - escapes my mind.

I just went into prestige mode some i have to start over now :(
for the time being i'm using the M4 carbine with extreme conditioning and bandolier. i normally stick with the g36c though.

Third Eye 01-22-2008 12:30 AM

Quote:

Depends on the map. Most maps, I use M-16 red dot, with bandolier, stopping power, and martyr. A few maps I use overkill (2 primary weapons) with M-16 red dot and silenced MP5, 3 frags, and martyr. And on a couple, it is silenced MP5, bandolier, double tap, martyr.

Currently on 4th prestige.

Lzen 01-22-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

My current favorite is the RPD with red dot site and steady hand perk.

Archie Bunker 01-22-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Big maps

M16 Red Dot
-Bandolier
-Stopping Power
-Last Stand

Small maps

P90 Red Dot
-Bandolier
-Stopping Power
-Last Stand

If anyone ever wants to play send me an invite. I'm a level 55 getting ready to start level 4 prestige.

My gamertag is SODAP0P CURTIS.

Blankey 01-23-2008 10:17 AM

Everyone download Undertow today!

QuikSsurfer 01-23-2008 11:19 AM

Any way i can just have the 800 points instead? I read somewhere that they were giving 800 points to those who had already downloaded Undertow.

JBucc 01-23-2008 01:08 PM

Free EGM subscribtion. Don't know how long it will last.

I don't know if EGM is any good or not, but it's free so whateva.

Ultra Peanut 01-23-2008 01:18 PM

"Armando A. Estrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrada" and "Elijah Burke" have been provided with mildly amusing content and reeruned reviews for going on two years now, thanks to free subscription offers out the ass. I wouldn't pay for it, but EGM's handy in like, the bathroom.

KCFalcon59 01-23-2008 01:29 PM

Be careful of the undertoad.