ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

mr. tegu 06-17-2013 01:55 PM

I am reallly excited for this movie and am curious to see their origin of whatever it is that caused the zombies as well as their characteristics.

Bowser 06-17-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9757122)
I am reallly excited for this movie and am curious to see their origin of whatever it is that caused the zombies as well as their characteristics.

Have you read the book?

mr. tegu 06-17-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9757138)
Have you read the book?

Nope. I didn't even know it was a book until I saw it mentioned in this thread. :D

On a side note, I need to write a book because it seems they only make movies from books now. I am thinking a vampire love story with zombies. They will eat that up. In Twilight, did the books have blank pages to represent the long drawn out stares between characters? I need to learn the tricks of the trade.

Bowser 06-17-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9757151)
Nope. I didn't even know it was a book until I saw it mentioned in this thread. :D

Ha, gotcha.

As a stand alone movie, World War Z looks to be a decent big budget zombie action flick. As someone who has read the book the movie is named after, the movie looks to be a disaster, especially considering the PG-13 rating. I'll likely still see it, but my hopes are definitely NOT up for this one.

(And if you're any kind of zombie fan, pick up the book. Easy read and entertaining as hell. Do it after you see the movie, though...)

Ceej 06-17-2013 04:04 PM

Yup, still plan on seeing it.

Sure-Oz 06-17-2013 06:14 PM

If the movie gets above a 60% ill likely go see it for mindless fun.

Deberg_1990 06-17-2013 06:48 PM

It's got some decent reviews from a few top critics. I was surprised. I'll pass on it though until DVD. IMO, it's like zombie light for the masses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fairplay 06-18-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9757158)
Ha, gotcha.

As a stand alone movie, World War Z looks to be a decent big budget zombie action flick. As someone who has read the book the movie is named after, the movie looks to be a disaster, especially considering the PG-13 rating. I'll likely still see it, but my hopes are definitely NOT up for this one.

(And if you're any kind of zombie fan, pick up the book. Easy read and entertaining as hell. Do it after you see the movie, though...)

You do know that very rarely does a movie live up to a book.

Bowser 06-18-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9758745)
You do know that very rarely does a movie live up to a book.

Sure. My beef with WWZ is that from the trailers, it is a completely different story being told on screen than in the books. Hopefully the movie is great, but if it is, I doubt it will represent the book too much.

I guess I'm just a fanboy of the book?

notorious 06-18-2013 11:21 PM

I really want to see the scene from the book when the celebrities doing the reality show in a mansion get over run by people and zombies.

That would be an awesome movie scene.

AphexPhin 06-19-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9759640)

I guess I'm just a fanboy of the book?

hey nothing wrong with that. The book is brilliant. It would of been cooler if a director like David Fincher (who worked with Pitt on Seven and Fight Club) would of directed a hard R version of the book. Oh well.

Rausch 06-19-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9761920)
It would of been cooler if a director like David Fincher (who worked with Pitt on Seven and Fight Club) would of directed a hard R version of the book.

That would have kicked ass...

mr. tegu 06-19-2013 07:11 AM

74% on RT so far.

notorious 06-19-2013 08:03 AM

This is good news.

Sure-Oz 06-19-2013 08:43 PM

68 reviews at 75% on RT

"It's uneven -- and fans of the book may be annoyed by how thoroughly it diverges from the source material -- but World War Z still brings smart, fast-moving thrills and a solid performance from Brad Pitt to the zombie genre."

I may have to see this, i didn't expect this to land in the fresh area. I also didn't expect Man of steel to be rotten