ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reid’s secret weapon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9561410)
If you're going to be that small in the NFL, you had better have blazing speed, especially if you're prone to turning the ball over and injury.

I'd rather see what Devon Wylie can do in Reid's system.

They'll be used for different purposes. It's like comparing Mike DeVito to Kris Jenkins. In a game of no-huddle and spread, it's valuable to have a guy who can play all across the field. But to do that, he has to mature as a receiver. If he gets better as a receiver and if Reid's system is smarter about finding (not forcing) ways to get him the ball in space, McCluster has a chance to be decent. I think there's a good chance of that happening.

It's not like Reid has been shy about cutting guys he doesn't like. He obviously sees something in the kid and he has pretty good instincts.

RealSNR 04-06-2013 12:35 PM

Bunch of Black Bobs in this thread.

McCluster is NOT quick. He's very pedestrian (both meanings apply here).

I wish he'd do us all a favor and get raped. That seems to be the only way to rid ourselves of him.

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9561424)
He's too slow and can't break a tackle.

He's not a guy you want taking on defenders nor is he a downfield threat. He is a guy who accelerates extremely fast and has agility that graded as one of the best in the combine.

The idea that he's not fast is ridiculous. I don't think he attacks runs as confidently as you'd like (yet) and he tries to get too cute instead of just relying on quick bursts and cuts. But some of that is also because he isn't given the space or blocking to do that. When teams are crowding the line, that takes away his entire space where he can be used effectively.

milkman 04-06-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9561426)
Exactly what do you think Reid's offense is? McCluster could be the key feature on HB screens, slants from the slot, and draws from a 4 WR set.

I'd rather a guy like with some speed, some actual ability to make people miss, to read blocks, and to break a tackle every now and then, get those touches.

Sure wish we had someone like that on the roster.

Contrarian 04-06-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9561383)
I started off with this opinion of the guy, but somewhere along the way last year i came to be very underwhelmed with him.

Hopefully, Reids high opinion of him pans out, everyone knows that if someone can make him look like a player, its Reid... so there may yet be hope, we'll see.

He played with a frickin cast on his arm and a shitty cast of qbs. Geesh!
When the only thing you do is run him into the flat and allow a db to pick his tiny ass up and plow him into the ground what do you expect? I think he'll be much improved this year.

milkman 04-06-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561443)
He's not a guy you want taking on defenders nor is he a downfield threat. He is a guy who accelerates extremely fast and has agility that graded as one of the best in the combine.

The idea that he's not fast is ridiculous. I don't think he attacks runs as confidently as you'd like (yet) and he tries to get too cute instead of just relying on quick bursts and cuts. But some of that is also because he isn't given the space or blocking to do that. When teams are crowding the line, that takes away his entire space where he can be used effectively.

Do you feel bloated when you are full of shit?

Bowser 04-06-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9561426)
Exactly what do you think Reid's offense is? McCluster could be the key feature on HB screens, slants from the slot, and draws from a 4 WR set.

Yeah, I'd rather just see Jamaal take on those responsibilities.

Contrarian 04-06-2013 12:43 PM

Oh and being tackled by a pinky.......never saw that. Show me a clip of a pinky tackle on McCluster please.

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9561457)
Do you feel bloated when you are full of shit?

There are a million and a half clips where he outruns defenders on a home run run, between college and the pros. The idea that he is slow is laughable and something haters want to use in their crusade against the guy.

There's a lot of stuff I don't like about McCluster and that could seriously limit how good he ever becomes. Speed and ability to make people miss aren't on that list. Has he used those things as well as he should? Absolutely not.

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9561458)
Yeah, I'd rather just see Jamaal take on those responsibilities.

McCluster's value, if he ever realizes it, is completely different from what Charles and Wylie offer. He is not supposed to a substitute for Charles or Wylie.

Mr. Laz 04-06-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9561441)
Bunch of Black Bobs in this thread.

McCluster is NOT quick. He's very pedestrian (both meanings apply here).

I wish he'd do us all a favor and get raped. That seems to be the only way to rid ourselves of him.

this right here ... it's just some stupid shit.

it's letting anger about all sort of shit OTHER than McCluster spill into the DmC discussion.

McCluster was drafted too high, let it go

I prefer all the RB stuff go to Charles instead of DmC but that doesn't mean McCluster can't be productive

If McCluster loses his roster spot i'm ok too though ... i'm not invested in him.

JoeyChuckles 04-06-2013 12:56 PM

McCluster is filling the Luke Hochever role nicely.

keg in kc 04-06-2013 01:03 PM

So secret that none of us will ever see it happen.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561476)
McCluster's value, if he ever realizes it, is completely different from what Charles and Wylie offer. He is not supposed to a substitute for Charles or Wylie.

He has no value. Guys who 1. Don't make plays and 2. Turn the ball over at an absurd rate are worthless.

He's also suffered horrible injuries two of his three seasons in the league. If you think that's going to get better as he gets older, roll another blunt.

Fire Me Boy! 04-06-2013 01:19 PM

Madded 2014
McCluster, Dexter
Catch: 46
Strength: 27
Truck: 7
Spin: 99