ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mellinger: First three months of Dorsey’s Chiefs regime far cry from *****’s (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271830)

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OPgold (Post 9563415)
Steve Young says hello.

49ers acquired him in a trade by fleecing Tampa Bay.

Just a joke

Fat Elvis 04-06-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563328)
FWIW, I've been told by multiple people associated with the league in one way or another, that the Chiefs are absolutely sold on Alex Smith.

Again, take it FWIW.

I believe that. You don't go into a presser and tell everyone that you think the QB that everyone else thought you overpaid for is going to be a future hall of famer if you aren't completely sold on the guy. I think they honestly beleive he will be in the HoF. I think they are giddy that they got him for the compensation that they gave up for him.

I think Chiefs fans wanted a gun slinger, but Reid and Dorsey were looking for a more cerebral QB. I think they have that in ASmith.

I hope he is as good as they think he is.

I'd still like us to pick up Geno. If not, I won't be crushed. I'd be disappointed, sure. If we don't get a QB, I would like for us to trade down and get a passrusher (Ansah--I think when all is said and done, he will be the premier defensive player in this draft). I will even live if we get Fisher.... This game is all about QB: you either get one, protect one or kill one. We will get a player that does one of those things.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9563451)
#1 and #3 the first year, #2 the next.

It was worse than the Herschel Walker deal in many respects.

People seem to forget the Eric Dickerson trade, which essentially netted the Rams nothing and sent them to St. Louis.

COchief 04-06-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9562189)
He doesn’t spend any time trash-talking his predecessor, for one. This was a favorite pastime of Scott *****’s. Publicly and privately, directly and indirectly, ***** wanted you to know what kind of mess he inherited.

Funny isn't it that all the high end talent on this team was drafted by the King except for a couple no-brainers (Berry,Houston). Nothing made me happier than to hear that Fat Scott used to mock the previous regime by referring to them as the "2-14s" and that is the exact record that got his fat ass sent packing.

Fugg him!

Mother****erJones 04-06-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9563517)
Funny isn't it that all the high end talent on this team was drafted by the King except for a couple no-brainers (Berry,Houston). Nothing made me happier than to hear that Fat Scott used to mock the previous regime by referring to them as the "2-14s" and that is the exact record that got his fat ass sent packing.

Fugg him!

ROFL ya. If the last regime sucked Scott, what do you call yours? A ****ing abortion?

DaFace 04-07-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9563517)

Fugg him!

I don't know that I'd call Houston a "no brainer". He was thought to potentially have all sorts of off-the-field issues that have just never materialized.

That said, I'm not sure there's anyone OTHER than Houston for Pioli to hang his hat on, and even that one's not necessarily a home run - just a nice, solid pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-07-2013 08:50 AM

"I would let Albert walk and draft Joekel"-Reid-oli. If it goes down, it is what it is, and can NOT be disputed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lex Luthor 04-07-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563351)
Yeah, they improved but not through "normal" means. The Wing T?

:D

I liked Levy but I do believe he had a fair opportunity in KC. I know that Lamar Hunt said his biggest regret was firing Marv, but I also believe that Marv wouldn't have had the success he had in Buffalo without the growing pains he experienced in KC (and to a lesser degree, the USFL).

He had a helluva coaching staff, especially offensively, in Buffalo.

Levy didn't implement the Wing T because he thought it was a good offense. He said at the time he was going to run it because his defense was so bad that he wanted to keep them off the field. He was right. The defense he inherited was abysmal. And the Wing T offense controlled the ball and kept the defense off the field, just like Levy predicted.

When the team gets better every year until the strike season, and the front office makes no real attempt to field a competitive scab team in games that actually count in the standings, and then you fire Levy after the strike season, that's not giving him a fair opportunity.

The Chiefs absolutely ****ed up by firing Marv Levy, and any fan who who was paying attention knew so at the time.

ChiliConCarnage 04-07-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9563920)
I don't know that I'd call Houston a "no brainer". He was thought to potentially have all sorts of off-the-field issues that have just never materialized.

That said, I'm not sure there's anyone OTHER than Houston for ***** to hang his hat on, and even that one's not necessarily a home run - just a nice, solid pick.

PFF had Houston as the 2nd most effective pass rushing OLB behind Von Miller pretty deep into the season last year. The Chiefs just didn't use him enough in that role. That says something about the previous coaching or Tamba Hali's limitations; I'm not sure which though. I'd call it a homerun for a 3rd rounder barring him running into serious issues.

but yeah it's pretty slim after that.. I think some of the olinemen might work out like Asomoah but drafting guards in the 2nd and 3rd you'd like to hope you hit almost every time. Jeff Allen looked like a solid 2nd round pick. for me to poop on!

Beef Supreme 04-07-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

That said, I'm not sure there's anyone OTHER than Houston for ***** to hang his hat on, and even that one's not necessarily a home run - just a nice, solid pick.

He tested positive for weed. Not sure that qualifies as all sorts of off-the-field issues. He also had first round talent. I think it was a no brainer to grab him in the 3rd.

Al Bundy 04-07-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9563474)
Just a joke

Not to us Bucs fans... that trade still haunts Bucs fans. 26 years later.

COchief 04-07-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Uh, he was a lock for the first round until he failed a pot test is all I ever heard. NFL people are apparently unaware that tons of players smoke weed, I mean JFC watch the Tamba pro bowl video, he was so god damn high he could barely talk and the morons at kcchiefs.com were clueless and put the video up anyways.

Also, if a 3rd round pick that goes to the probowl in his second season is only a "solid pick", that pretty much makes Tom Brady the only "homerun" in NFL draft history.

chiefscafan 04-07-2013 10:35 AM

I supported pioli up untill beginning last season when we let orton go and brought no competition for cassel.

I was man nick wright and everyone else are right he won't admit his mistake on him. That was it for me I turned on him and as loses mounted I was like the main problem is pioli hated peterson but at least he admited when he made a mistake.

chiefscafan 04-07-2013 10:47 AM

Jimmy Johnson at his best wow!

BigMeatballDave 04-07-2013 11:06 AM

LMAO This thread is more about Clay crying about the Chiefs and sucking off the Donkeys.