ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

Gonzo 09-03-2014 07:37 AM

I'll be waiting for a little while before picking this up. I want to see some reviews.

keg in kc 09-03-2014 08:22 AM

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dgg_kBbGfYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

millz 09-03-2014 01:07 PM

So would you guys recommend trading Infamous and a few other lackluster titles for this game?

ModSocks 09-03-2014 01:11 PM

Is this a PS4 only title?

KC native 09-03-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 10876423)
Is this a PS4 only title?

No, PS4 has some early releases and exclusive missions but it's on all systems.

Canofbier 09-03-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10876447)
No, PS4 has some early releases and exclusive missions but it's on all systems.

I've already pre-ordered it for my Xbox One. I don't feel like I'm missing out on that much - one strike (dungeon), one PvP map and a few items that I don't really care about.

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-03-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10876559)
I've already pre-ordered it for my Xbox One. I don't feel like I'm missing out on that much - one strike (dungeon), one PvP map and a few items that I don't really care about.

This.

KC native 09-03-2014 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10876559)

Me too.

keg in kc 09-03-2014 02:52 PM

There will be another exclusive strike/crucible map with each of the announced expansions as well, if I recall correctly.

Valiant 09-03-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10876651)
There will be another exclusive strike/crucible map with each of the announced expansions as well, if I recall correctly.

Yeah this. Sony users get extra stuff each dlc, weapons, armor, missions and a map I believe.

keg in kc 09-04-2014 09:05 AM

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/W6eFgqDnK7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 09-04-2014 11:39 AM

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ZyQK6kUdWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-04-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10878695)
<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9ZyQK6kUdWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just wow.

The Franchise 09-04-2014 11:59 AM

LMAO Peter Dinklage.

keg in kc 09-05-2014 08:43 AM

This has been the longest week ever. And there's still 4 more days to go.

keg in kc 09-05-2014 10:00 AM

First look at The Nexus, level 14 strike on Venus...

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cApBEOYr8Uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCFalcon59 09-05-2014 10:29 AM

So has it been decided, PS4 or XBox One for this game?

Canofbier 09-05-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10881349)
First look at The Nexus, level 14 strike on Venus...

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cApBEOYr8Uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

God, what a tool. The strike looks fun, at least.

Aspengc8 09-05-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 10881377)
So has it been decided, PS4 or XBox One for this game?

Get it on whatever system you have, or your friends have. its 1080p 30FPS on both. PS4 gets an extra map or so if you pre-ordered. Other than that, same game.

keg in kc 09-05-2014 01:08 PM

PS4 pre-loading started early. Game's installed and ready to go.

Canofbier 09-05-2014 09:27 PM

I'm a bit short on Xbox One friends - to any of you Xbox One people in the thread, feel free to add me on XBL. My gamertag is the same as my CP name: Canofbier. It would be good to go into the game having a group to play with!

jiveturkey 09-06-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10881777)
PS4 pre-loading started early. Game's installed and ready to go.

I keep getting a download error for the armory file. Hopefully it works itself out.

Aspengc8 09-06-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10883456)
I'm a bit short on Xbox One friends - to any of you Xbox One people in the thread, feel free to add me on XBL. My gamertag is the same as my CP name: Canofbier. It would be good to go into the game having a group to play with!

I'll shoot you a FR when I get home. I play with a group of older guys around 10PM+ EST, after I tuck in the kids & wife.

keg in kc 09-06-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10883894)
I keep getting a download error for the armory file. Hopefully it works itself out.

We all get that error, you're fine. Might have to reboot the ps4, but it eventually works itself out.

Apparently servers are going live monday morning, so anybody with a physical copy might be able to start playing a day early. I think we digital guys are still locked out until 2 am Tuesday.

007 09-06-2014 01:36 PM

has anyone who preordered on the 360 or ps3 been able to get the free version for the xbone or ps4?

TimBone 09-06-2014 03:54 PM

I kinda forgot I even had this on preorder. Got the text from Gamestop today. Kinda pumped now.

Aspengc8 09-06-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10884554)
has anyone who preordered on the 360 or ps3 been able to get the free version for the xbone or ps4?

If you grab it digitally for 360/ps3, you get a free copy on next gen depending on what you purchased. IE, you get a free copy if you upgrade your system to next gen. It's tied to your PSN ID/Gamertag.

007 09-06-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10885230)
If you grab it digitally for 360/ps3, you get a free copy on next gen depending on what you purchased. IE, you get a free copy if you upgrade your system to next gen. It's tied to your PSN ID/Gamertag.

I know that. I just want to confirm if I preorder today will I be able to preload both of them. I have been hearing reports that people that preorder the digital on ps3 are not able to access the ps4 version for download. They are all worried that it didn't work,

Mav 09-06-2014 11:20 PM

Mavs ace. xbox one

Valiant 09-07-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10885230)

There are saying this is a limited time offer. it will not be forever.

keg in kc 09-07-2014 09:38 AM

I believe it's through January, but don't quote me on that.

007 09-07-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10886481)
I believe it's through January, but don't quote me on that.

January 15th

keg in kc 09-08-2014 07:23 AM

Less than a day!

Quesadilla Joe 09-08-2014 07:49 AM

Level 19 Titan Crucible gameplay from the perspective of a Bungie dev who is really freakin' good at the game.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y2pPWnxKgdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just look at how fast you move around at the higher levels, the alpha and beta were such a tiny sliver of what the full game actually is. I never really dug the Titan, but after watching that video, the Titan just might be the first character I level up to 20.

Quesadilla Joe 09-08-2014 07:52 AM

I hope all of those who purchased Destiny digitally on the east coast will get to play this at midnight, it's sounding like the game won't be available until 3 AM EST for those who downloaded it.

keg in kc 09-08-2014 07:56 AM

It'll be midnight pacific for the whole US. I'm actually planning on getting up at 2am to start playing.

Gonzo 09-08-2014 10:47 AM

This game is already starting to get bad reviews. Apparently it may be another watch dogs, halo style.
God I hope not...
What I'm hearing is that it was severely over-hyped, it's a lot like halo or COD. The positives were you can upgrade weapons and mission length is awesome. People playing on next gen will notice the smooth gameplay and quick load times. PS3 and 360 users will see lag.

Aspengc8 09-08-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10893549)
This game is already starting to get bad reviews. Apparently it may be another watch dogs, halo style.
God I hope not...
What I'm hearing is that it was severely over-hyped, it's a lot like halo or COD. The positives were you can upgrade weapons and mission length is awesome. People playing on next gen will notice the smooth gameplay and quick load times. PS3 and 360 users will see lag.

Really? So a game made by the creators of Halo, plays like Halo.

Mind = blown.

Did you even play the beta? Why would current gen see 'lag' and not next gen? Or are you referring to loading time?

Genuinely curious where you are 'hearing' this from.

Mav 09-08-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10893786)
Really? So a game made by the creators of Halo, plays like Halo.

Mind = blown.

Did you even play the beta? Why would current gen see 'lag' and not next gen? Or are you referring to loading time?

Genuinely curious where you are 'hearing' this from.

The lag makes sense. Next gen used dedicated servers, and the current gen uses hosts.

That makes sense. Did you ever add me on X1?

Mav 09-08-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

God I hope not...

did you not play the beta?

The beta was 100 times better than anything that has come out as a game in the past 3 years. The story line is incredible. there is so much to do, so much to see, and the crucible is quite fun, even though it got pretty boring doing the same maps over and over, but overall it was a good time. ]

And I was a huge skeptic from the beginning because I hate change.

Aspengc8 09-08-2014 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10893812)
The lag makes sense. Next gen used dedicated servers, and the current gen uses hosts.

That makes sense. Did you ever add me on X1?

Just added you (my GT is Dirty Trillo).

I'm not sure how the netcode is going to work for either system. I havent researched much on Microsofts Azure system but I have a hunch the Tower/Main guardian area will be hosted from dedicated servers, then once your in orbit/select missions, it may sync you with your party members (and one hosts) or public. Strike missions and raids are probably all dedicated. Wish they would talk more about it, its interesting stuff o:-)

I'll be on tonight 3am EST lol.

Mav 09-08-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10893891)
Just added you (my GT is Dirty Trillo).

I'm not sure how the netcode is going to work for either system. I havent researched much on Microsofts Azure system but I have a hunch the Tower/Main guardian area will be hosted from dedicated servers, then once your in orbit/select missions, it may sync you with your party members (and one hosts) or public. Strike missions and raids are probably all dedicated. Wish they would talk more about it, its interesting stuff o:-)

I'll be on tonight 3am EST lol.

im picking mine up at 12 central time.

So after loading, it will probably be about that time. Ill wait for you. You have a head set?

Aspengc8 09-08-2014 12:19 PM

IGN live review

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/08...ew-in-progress

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10893900)
im picking mine up at 12 central time.

So after loading, it will probably be about that time. Ill wait for you. You have a head set?

yeah headset. I have a few buddies playing as well, we will get a couple fire teams going.

keg in kc 09-08-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

God I hope not...

Anybody 'reviewing' this game on launch day isn't really reviewing the game at all (especially since they didn't have early access prior to today...). It's sort of the same problem you have when people review MMO's (no, I'm not saying it is one, just using the comparison) on day one: you can't possibly see, much less do, everything in one day. You also can't possibly generate any honest impression about the end game, which is basically the 'real' Destiny, since it was designed to be a sprint to a soft cap (level 20) and then a lengthier grind after that to accumulate Light.

My guess is anybody giving it any review today came into it with a preexisting bias. Whether they're being positive or negative.

And there's no way Watch Dogs is a fair comparison, in any case, unless Destiny has the same kind of shady dumbed-down bullshit going on with the next gen version of the game (which it doesn't...).

The Franchise 09-08-2014 12:28 PM

I didn't take part in the beta and I'm buying this shit day one.

Gonzo 09-08-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10893944)
Anybody 'reviewing' this game on launch day isn't really reviewing the game at all (especially since they didn't have early access prior to today...). It's sort of the same problem you have when people review MMO's (no, I'm not saying it is one, just using the comparison) on day one: you can't possibly see, much less do, everything in one day. You also can't possibly generate any honest impression about the end game, which is basically the 'real' Destiny, since it was designed to be a sprint to a soft cap (level 20) and then a lengthier grind after that to accumulate Light.

My guess is anybody giving it any review today came into it with a preexisting bias. Whether they're being positive or negative.

And there's no way Watch Dogs is a fair comparison, in any case, unless Destiny has the same kind of shady dumbed-down bullshit going on with the next gen version of the game (which it doesn't...).

Yeah I can see that. Whenever a game is on the cusp, (50/50) between living up to hype or not, I'll buy it. I've watched extensive gameplay and the graphics look good. Having dedicated servers help a lot.
Do any games really live up to the hype, though? I can think of maybe one or two over the last year...
South Park and GTAV. Of course you have your detractors there but those two are the best games to come out in a while that were over-hyped.

keg in kc 09-08-2014 04:18 PM

Some never-before seen strikes:

Spoiler!

hometeam 09-08-2014 06:49 PM

Im watching gameplay on twitch tonight. There are lots of flaws for an A+ shooter that I see.

I am still going to play it for PC, but I still think it has room to improve.

For you guys jonesing, check out twitch, they released a bunch of media guys to play early.

Mav 09-08-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10895285)
Im watching gameplay on twitch tonight. There are lots of flaws for an A+ shooter that I see.

For you guys jonesing, check out twitch, they released a bunch of media guys to play early.

A game has flaws? No way!

Third Eye 09-08-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10895285)

Depends what you're looking for. As a PvP game, it's going to be terrible. Doubt I ever even play that aspect unless I absolutely have to. The PvE looks pretty epic though and it is what is drawing me to the game.

Valiant 09-08-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10893817)
did you not play the beta?

The beta was 100 times better than anything that has come out as a game in the past 3 years. The story line is incredible. there is so much to do, so much to see, and the crucible is quite fun, even though it got pretty boring doing the same maps over and over, but overall it was a good time. ]

And I was a huge skeptic from the beginning because I hate change.

I played the beta, what was amazing about the storyline?

As for the game it was nice, Borderlands style open world with loot, then mix in COD/Halo/Starwars style.

The thing that will set it apart from any other fps game is the raid content.

Which the system still sucks that you have to know people to do.

Valiant 09-08-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10893944)

Unless they got a head start. Again we will not know how this game is until the raiding is out there. Hopefully they have literally dozen of raids at the start. Because if I have to do the same couple raids just on different difficulty settings it will get tiresome quick.

Valiant 09-08-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10895478)
Depends what you're looking for. As a PvP game, it's going to be terrible. Doubt I ever even play that aspect unless I absolutely have to. The PvE looks pretty epic though and it is what is drawing me to the game.

I think if you get the jump start on pvp, it will help a lot in raids as you would have some decent gear.

Wonder how the balancing will be between the two gears earned.

Third Eye 09-08-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10895487)
I think if you get the jump start on pvp, it will help a lot in raids as you would have some decent gear.

Wonder how the balancing will be between the two gears earned.

I've got a 2 month old, I'm never going to have time for a raid. I'm really only getting this with the expectation of having more time for the sequels.

Shogun 09-09-2014 12:03 AM

Got my game. Downloading now. All nighters then work all day

Mav 09-09-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10895479)
I played the beta, what was amazing about the storyline?

As for the game it was nice, Borderlands style open world with loot, then mix in COD/Halo/Starwars style.

The thing that will set it apart from any other fps game is the raid content.

Which the system still sucks that you have to know people to do.

Well, for me, the Speaker is voiced by Bill Nighy. so there was a plus on that. Second, I think there is a lot of depth to the story. A lot of which will be added over time.

I just enjoyed what I got to see.

keg in kc 09-09-2014 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10895481)
Unless they got a head start. Again we will not know how this game is until the raiding is out there. Hopefully they have literally dozen of raids at the start. Because if I have to do the same couple raids just on different difficulty settings it will get tiresome quick.

Nobody got a head start. Press didn't get in until the servers went live for everyone yesterday. Although I guess technically that was a head start since the street date for the US is today. Anyway anybody with a physical copy could play all day yesterday. So I was referring to yesterday's reviews as day one.

There's one raid at launch. And around a half dozen strikes, with one or two more coming in December. I'm not sure that expecting dozens of either at launch for any game would be realistic. We'll see what things look like a year from now.

Quesadilla Joe 09-09-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10895504)
I've got a 2 month old, I'm never going to have time for a raid. I'm really only getting this with the expectation of having more time for the sequels.

They say the raids have checkpoints every hour or so, so you don't have to do the entire raid all at once.

keg in kc 09-09-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10896246)
They say the raids have checkpoints every hour or so, so you don't have to do the entire raid all at once.

That's correct, they're on a weekly timer, resets on Tuesday. In fact it's not even available for play until next week. My biggest challenge will be finding 6 people to do it with. Social butterfly that I am...

keg in kc 09-09-2014 12:39 AM

About that time! See you losers in a few days!

Valiant 09-09-2014 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10896245)
Nobody got a head start. Press didn't get in until the servers went live for everyone yesterday. Although I guess technically that was a head start since the street date for the US is today. Anyway anybody with a physical copy could play all day yesterday. So I was referring to yesterday's reviews as day one.

There's one raid at launch. And around a half dozen strikes, with one or two more coming in December. I'm not sure that expecting dozens of either at launch for any game would be realistic. We'll see what things look like a year from now.

Really? Was just an article on IGN about the people getting a headstart. Once person was already lvl 26 at 9pm yesterday. And a bunch of 23s.

They will have to amp it up. One raid that takes a couple hours will get stale quick. Should have had a minimum of 3 from the start. Will get easier for most people each time they go in as they get better gear. Or at least add a complete randomizer for the mobs and what has to be done each week.

Of course I am probably being elitist. Hardcore raided in Wow, I am just afraid the endgame will go to quick and then wait forever to get more. Ala what happened to Titanfall, just not enough content.

Third Eye 09-09-2014 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10896246)

That's all well and good, but that requires my five friends to all stop as well. I'm not sure how that will fly.

Aspengc8 09-09-2014 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 10896302)
That's all well and good, but that requires my five friends to all stop as well. I'm not sure how that will fly.

They can continue without you. Might wipe but they can go 5 man. Pretty sure you can pull someone in that has at least been to that checkpoint before.

A lot of the negativity I'm reading on Metacritic is pretty funny. People are pissed because its not MMO or open world, when in fact it was never advertised as one. Halo/CoD-ish shooter with a sprinkle of RPG/MMO elements. If you go in truly thinking open world mmo, you will be disappointed.

mdchiefsfan 09-09-2014 07:14 AM

Getting my xbox live name out there for anyone looking to get a CP clan together: Aequitas009

WhitiE 09-09-2014 08:09 AM

Xbox one: LLP White E

mdchiefsfan 09-09-2014 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitiE (Post 10896446)
Xbox one: LLP White E

Sent

mdchiefsfan 09-09-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10883456)

Sent

Canofbier 09-09-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10886093)
Mavs ace. xbox one

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10896347)
Getting my xbox live name out there for anyone looking to get a CP clan together: Aequitas009

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 10896562)
Sent

Added the three of you. Anyone else on Xbox One, add me (GT: Canofbier)!

mdchiefsfan 09-09-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10896605)

I won't be on tonight unfortunately; I have school, but I'm hoping tomorrow evening at some point.

mdchiefsfan 09-09-2014 09:24 AM

And it's just been delivered. :cuss:

WhitiE 09-09-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 10896605)

Added you

Quesadilla Joe 09-09-2014 10:01 AM

Man that Strike on the Moon is really tough, so many wizards and knights... You get level 10 Rare items for beating it, which sucks because you will be at least level 11 or 12 by the time you get to that mission.

Aspengc8 09-09-2014 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 10896768)
Man that Strike on the Moon is really tough, so many wizards and knights... You get level 10 Rare items for beating it, which sucks because you will be at least level 11 or 12 by the time you get to that mission.

I think you can change the difficulty of the strike. We were doing that during the beta to get better items, most of which we couldnt use.

keg in kc 09-09-2014 10:46 AM

Guys on reddit were advising against doing the moon strike unless you had level 12 gear. Not just character level, gear level.

Apparently the strikes continue to be that difficult.

Quesadilla Joe 09-09-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10896906)
Guys on reddit were advising against doing the moon strike unless you had level 12 gear. Not just character level, gear level.

Apparently the strikes continue to be that difficult.

I was using a level 6 green Assault Rifle LMAO

It was the best weapon I had at the time.

KC native 09-09-2014 01:02 PM

3 hours to go until I can pick this up and then watch my kid play it until he goes to bed (:#) and then play it myself. Woooooooooooo

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-09-2014 01:07 PM

Just got it on XBOX1 Username Hayden2004.

The Franchise 09-09-2014 02:41 PM

Picked it up at lunch.

Skyy God 09-09-2014 03:01 PM

Trying out a rented 360 copy....the graphics are, uh, not good.

This game is going to sell a lot of next gen consoles.

jiveturkey 09-09-2014 04:53 PM

This is a lot harder than the beta, which is probably good.

I'm also not picking up nearly as much cool loot along the way, which is probably contributing to the difficulty.