ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music A song inspired by ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277476)

Molitoth 10-15-2013 09:21 AM

A song inspired by ChiefsPlanet

Warning: Prog-Metal

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/114587375"></iframe>

First off, I've been a member of this forum since 2004 so I know how it works, and I must say I do love this forum. My past weeks experiences on chiefs planet had led to myself looking in the mirror (So to speak) and wondering "Why do we act this way?". I got to thinking, and I asked Bearcat for a week long ban in which I got the response "well, bye!" (That made me laugh). :p

The reasoning in this request was to force myself to stop engaging in useless, opinionated babble that led into unnecessary hateful attitude towards others. Others, whom In Real Life I would most likely get along with if I was sitting next to at a bar, at a bowling alley, or maybe even a church (if I went).

The constant bickering, fighting, name calling, etc all over the differences in OPINION had taken it's toll on my online experience. The constant arguing is not just on CP... it resides EVERYWHERE in life, especially social media. Facebook, ESPN, Music Forums, etc. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and mention that I will stop engaging in these activities altogether (which would be damn near impossible) but it certainly will be coming to a drastic decline as I try out the positivity route.

I wrote this song in a metaphoric fashion, so that it could perhaps relate to ANYONE here. You could be the one who is on the giving OR receiving end of this rant. Some days maybe you end up on BOTH ends.

If I inspire anyone else to look at themselves and make a change for the positive, then I suppose I've done something decent in the online community. Anyway, it was just an idea.
Cheers!

Direckshun 10-15-2013 10:51 AM

Facebook is a place where everybody is identified. The tone on FB is generally overwhelmingly positive and self-affirming.

Places like CP where you can hide behind a mostly-untraceable username really tempt people to let their ids play. Too frequently this leads to pissing contests and general negativity -- not just to the Chiefs (because who cares), but to everything in general. Try visiting the DC forum.

I bet the average person on this forum has a more positive outlook on everything, however. I participate heavily on the AV Club's comment boards, where you are anonymous, but posts visibly reflect how many people "like" any given post.

The tone to all pop culture everything is universally negative, with few exceptions. The comments are frequently negative, but the positive ones are the ones that get the most likes.

My guess: even on anonymous boards, people trend towards the positive. But people who trend negative tend to be louder and post more frequently.

I'd love for this board to be like Facebook, where people's identities can be revealed with the click of a button to be a living person, with a real personality and people who love him/her. I'm guessing you'd see a sharp drop in rape jokes, degrading remarks, personal attacks, and trolls.

But you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want.

patteeu 10-15-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10088630)
But you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want.

Admit it. Don Rumsfeld is a hero of yours. You'd like to be a Donald Rumsfeld.

Direckshun 10-15-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10088646)
Admit it. Don Rumsfeld is a hero of yours. You'd like to be a Donald Rumsfeld.

I'll admit it's a beautiful quote.

Consistent1 10-15-2013 06:46 PM

This board is tame. Much worse out there.

hometeam 10-15-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 10089761)

Really?

bodybuilding.com is pretty evil.. where else?

Consistent1 10-15-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10089800)
Really?

bodybuilding.com is pretty evil.. where else?

Getbig is nasty, 4 c han, etc. There are a bunch.

hometeam 10-15-2013 07:16 PM

Oh yea.. forgot about shhhh.

Rain Man 10-15-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10088630)
I'd love for this board to be like Facebook, where people's identities can be revealed with the click of a button to be a living person, with a real personality and people who love him/her. I'm guessing you'd see a sharp drop in rape jokes, degrading remarks, personal attacks, and trolls.

If we did that, where would I go to hear rape jokes?

Direckshun 10-15-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consistent1 (Post 10089761)

Yes, because better than terrible = great.

Molitoth 10-16-2013 07:21 AM

Although the topic seems to be catching some attention, I suppose the song is failing compared to my previous posted work...