ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2012 Kansas Football Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253033)

Fritz88 11-29-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8153798)
The tone of that post was dumb. If Leach visits, KU won't be interviewing Leach. Leach will be interviewing KU. This guy makes it sound like Leach has to hope that KU can't find a better candidate. In reality, KU has to hope that Leach doesn't get a better offer.

That writer and the likes of him make KU fans look like shit.

Fritz88 11-29-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8153879)
I read it the opposite - that KU is acknowledging that Leach is clearly the guy they want. At the same time, they'll give a few other candidates a chance to match him.

It seemed to be like a concession that they'd love to have Leach, but should probably have a plan B in the pipe.

Nothing official that Leach is the favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even considered and they decide to go after Mr nice guy with little to no potential over the controversial Leach.

Brock 11-29-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8153944)
Nothing official that Leach is the favorite. I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even considered and they decide to go after Mr nice guy with little to no potential over the controversial Leach.

I hope not. They already tried that.

Fritz88 11-29-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8153954)
I hope not. They already tried that.

The problem is that if the donors dictate that they don't a trouble maker. Zenger would have no choice.

The only thing that I can read from all of this is we are going to have a coach sooner than the time it took to hire Gill.

Braincase 11-29-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8153944)

There was an interesting interview with Glenn Mason where he talked about schools going back and forth from disciplinarian to nice guy, back to disciplinarian. Zenger himself has said he wants a disciplinarian head coach.

teedubya 11-29-2011 02:54 PM

I'm reading Mike Leach's book "Swing Your Sword".

This guy is brilliant. Love his mind and he really loves football. He speaks his mind and doesn't put up with bullshit. Plus he is ****ing hysterically hilarious, at times.

It would make the funnest, most entertaining era of KU football, methinks.

If KU can get him, they will be very, very lucky.

Lzen 11-29-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

The tone of that post was dumb. If Leach visits, KU won't be interviewing Leach. Leach will be interviewing KU. This guy makes it sound like Leach has to hope that KU can't find a better candidate. In reality, KU has to hope that Leach doesn't get a better offer.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's Saul The Valiant. Riding in on his white horse to put KU fans in their place.

Saulbadguy 11-29-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8154132)
I'm reading Mike Leach's book "Swing Your Sword".

This guy is brilliant. Love his mind and he really loves football. He speaks his mind and doesn't put up with bullshit. Plus he is ****ing hysterically hilarious, at times.

It would make the funnest, most entertaining era of KU football, methinks.

If KU can get him, they will be very, very lucky.

So, it's safe to say you'd start paying attention to KU football if they hired Leach?

Royal Fanatic 11-29-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

You're ignoring the baggage of the whole ESPN / Craig James fiasco. Leach needs to let that go and move on if he wants to be seriously considered for another head coaching job.

I heard him on the radio about a month ago. I've always been a fan of his and I think he got totally screwed by Craig James, ESPN, and Texas Tech. The problem is that he came off during that radio interview as a guy who is so bitter about the whole thing that it consumes him.

I guess I really wanted to hear him say "I think I got a bad deal, but I'm ready to move on, I just want to think about the future, blah blah blah." I never heard him say anything remotely resembling that. Maybe I just heard him on a bad day. Maybe he said he said it before I tuned in or after I tuned out. But I know that if I were an Athletic Director and I heard that, it would make me hesitate.

Royal Fanatic 11-29-2011 03:33 PM

However, for what it's worth, I think hiring Mike Leach would be a home run. If he didn't have baggage, KU wouldn't have a shot at him.

rageeumr 11-29-2011 04:45 PM

Jayhawk fans wanting Leach better not get their hopes up. Nick Athan tweeted that it's a deal that is currently being done. Guaranteed not to happen now.

@ChiefsInsider Warpaint Illustrated
After learning WSU Rumor was hogwash, #Jayhawk fans might get their wish. Rumblings suggest Mike Leech and #KU officials are talking $$$'s

Mr. Plow 11-29-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 8154461)
Jayhawk fans wanting Leach better not get their hopes up. Nick "Assclown" Athan tweeted that it's a deal that is currently being done. Guaranteed not to happen now.

@ChiefsInsider Warpaint Illustrated
After learning WSU Rumor was hogwash, #Jayhawk fans might get their wish. Rumblings suggest Mike Leech and #KU officials are talking $$$'s

But he's already tweeted that KU was not going to get Leach - does that mean that it evens out to a maybe?

Fansy the Famous Bard 11-29-2011 04:49 PM

Talking numbers is fine, but I'd like to see Zenger interview multiple candidates and not rush into it on name alone. I think Leach would potentially be a good hire, but there are other coaches out there that I'd like to see them look at as well...

rageeumr 11-29-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8154469)
But he's already tweeted that KU was not going to get Leach - does that mean that it evens out to a maybe?

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...ed_by_zero.jpg

Mr. Plow 11-29-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 8154502)

LMAO