ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Matt Barkley doesn't resemble elite quarterback prospect in 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266955)

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9142595)
Zilla just went full Herm on this thread...

Whatever. Ok guys you win. He is a perfect prospect. He has no flaws. His college career has been perfect.

Again. I want to draft the guy at #1. But jfc, enough with the idea that he is a sure fire prospect. Or that I'm stupid because I am saying what everybody outside of the brilliant geniuses at cp is saying.

Exaggeration planet. Where people we like are superman. And people we hate are 100% evil lex Luther's.

I'm done for the night. Time to eat and get ****ed up.

BossChief 11-22-2012 07:11 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uNsvPiZAWZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the offense he ran in 2010...mostly pro style mixed with some shotgun and spread looks.

DeezNutz 11-22-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9142611)
Whatever. Ok guys you win. He is a perfect prospect. He has no flaws. His college career has been perfect.

Again. I want to draft the guy at #1. But jfc, enough with the idea that he is a sure fire prospect. Or that I'm stupid because I am saying what everybody outside of the brilliant geniuses at cp is saying.

Exaggeration planet. Where people we like are superman. And people we hate are 100% evil lex Luther's.

I don't think anyone is claiming he's perfect, dude. Far from it. Like all prospects, there's a lot of risk with selecting this player.

But that's the draft.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142597)
In 2010 he played in a spread? I mean air raid offense?

Jfc. Addressed and answered. But yeah, 2010 was enough proof that he is a flawless #1 qb.

BossChief 11-22-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9142611)

Nobody here is saying he comes without reasonable flaws.

We are just saying the ones you are trying to say exist, dont.

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9142616)
I don't think anyone is claiming he's perfect, dude. Far from it. Like all prospects, there's a lot of risk with selecting this player.

But that's the draft.

Umm... I have complimented the hell out of him and am getting drilled because I point out some risk. I'm not even calling them flaws. Risks. This is shit I out up with all the time. If its not sunshine and roses you get labelled a hater.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-22-2012 07:13 PM

Barkley sucks.

BossChief 11-22-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9142620)
Umm... I have complimented the hell out of him and am getting drilled because I point out some risk. I'm not even calling them flaws. Risks. This is shit I out up with all the time. If its not sunshine and roses you get labelled a hater.

shuddup, hater.:evil:

chiefzilla1501 11-22-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9142618)
Nobody here is saying he comes without reasonable flaws.

We are just saying the ones you are trying to say exist, dont.

That's the cross up.

I am not saying they are flaws. They are risks and risks I didn't see in rgiiii.

Again, I would draft the hell out of him. But do I think he could easily bust? Yeah. Do I absolutely love his upside? Yes. Does he have the character I think tends to predict improving qbs? I think he does.

So we are arguing about something I don't think we necessarily disagree with. Happy thanksgiving man. I'm out.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2012 07:18 PM

It's just stupid that people are coming up with reasons for us not to pick this guy.

It's time.

Mr_Tomahawk 11-22-2012 07:20 PM

Barkley sucks.

KCFaninSEA 11-22-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9142633)
It's just stupid that people are coming up with reasons for us not to pick this guy.

It's time.

I think it is more of people wondering if we can get another stud at pick #1 and a different quality QB with just as much upside at pick #33. If there is no other quality QB then ya take him but if the falloff from him to a guy at #33 won't be that much then it must be evaluated.

Lets face it, it makes for great discussion and at this point there will be a ton of transition at arrowhead between now and then. Anything could happen.

KCFaninSEA 11-22-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9142638)
Barkley sucks.

Ya don't want this guy even in the 4th round. Sanchez part 2

BossChief 11-22-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 9143124)
I think it is more of people wondering if we can get another stud at pick #1 and a different quality QB with just as much upside at pick #33. If there is no other quality QB then ya take him but if the falloff from him to a guy at #33 won't be that much then it must be evaluated.

Lets face it, it makes for great discussion and at this point there will be a ton of transition at arrowhead between now and then. Anything could happen.

That thought process makes me sick to my stomach.

milkman 11-22-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9143147)
That thought process makes me sick to my stomach.

It's the same argument we've seen for years.