ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Frazod 09-18-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5032024)
I played it for about an hour and a half lastnight and the game is fun. You die a little bit. I hate the freaking guys with the auto matic laser guns. haha. The jumping from ledge thing can be tricky, but i dont mind if i die alot trying to jump from platform to platform. I been used of it since Super Mario Brothers. lol

Game is very very cool and graphics are really nice.

There was one jump that I got bunged up on for about half an hour (going from the forced-raised wreckage to the top of the derelict spaceship). I simply couldn't get the guy to jump far enough, even following the guide book. Finally I found another way up, but I was really getting frustrated. Stuff like that really gets on my nerves.

Lzen 09-18-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5027994)
Shredder71

Hey UP.

Mr Luzcious 09-18-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5032113)
There was one jump that I got bunged up on for about half an hour (going from the forced-raised wreckage to the top of the derelict spaceship). I simply couldn't get the guy to jump far enough, even following the guide book. Finally I found another way up, but I was really getting frustrated. Stuff like that really gets on my nerves.

Yes. I hate that crap.

Frazod 09-18-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 5032218)
Yes. I hate that crap.

There was a game I played several years ago called Riddick - Escape from Botany Bay (or something like that). It seemed cool at first - Vin Diesel did the voice work, but it had so much crap that depended on exact precision movements that eventually I got sick of it. Prince of Persia was the same way. I guess that appeals to some people, but not me.

kcxiv 09-18-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5032276)
There was a game I played several years ago called Riddick - Escape from Botany Bay (or something like that). It seemed cool at first - Vin Diesel did the voice work, but it had so much crap that depended on exact precision movements that eventually I got sick of it. Prince of Persia was the same way. I guess that appeals to some people, but not me.

the old SNES game Alladdin was like that and i loved the game. haha I played thruogh it probably more then any other game i have played. Well, outside of Mike Tysons punch out.

okcchief 09-18-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 5028014)
Complete awesomeness!! :)
* 311 - “Beautiful Disaster”
* Beastie Boys - “No Sleep Till Brooklyn”
* Bullet For My Valentine - “Scream Aim Fire”
* Creedence Clearwater Revival - “Up Around The Bend”
* The Doors - “Love Me Two Times”
* Dream Theater - “Pull Me Under”
* The Eagles - “Hotel California”
* Filter - “Hey Man, Nice Shot”
* Foo Fighters - “Everlong”
* Jimi Hendrix - “Purple Haze (Live)”
* Jimi Hendrix - “The Wind Cries Mary”
* Joe Satriani - “Satch Boogie”
* Korn - “Freak On A Leash”
* Lenny Kravitz - “Are You Gonna Go My Way”
* Linkin Park - “What I've Done”
* Lynyrd Skynyrd - “Sweet Home Alabama (Live)”
* Michael Jackson - “Beat It”
* No Doubt - “Spiderwebs”
* Ozzy Osbourne - “Crazy Train”
* Ozzy Osbourne - “Mr. Crowley”
* Sublime - “Santeria”
* Survivor - “Eye of the Tiger”
* System of a Down - “B.Y.O.B.”
* Ted Nugent - “Stranglehold”
* Tool - “Parabola”
* Tool - “Schism”
* Tool - “Vicarious”
* Van Halen - “Hot For Teacher”

BTW, I am already playing SOAD's B.Y.O.B. on Rock Band. Also just downloaded some Megadeth stuff from Peace Sells last night. Can't wait to play those tonight.

How was Peace Sells? I'm hoping they have made the newer downloads a little more challenging than RB1.

CoMoChief 09-18-2008 03:46 PM

Just got the red ring of death and the menu screen won't come on.......what do I do?

My stupid ****ing roomate keeps ****ing leaving the damn thing on for hours and hours at a time while he passes out on the couch, I wake up for work the next morning and the mother****er is still on.

My xbox360 isn't even a year old. I didnt get the warranty on it......am I just ****ed out of luck?

Mr Luzcious 09-18-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5032276)

There's challenging, and then there's "throw the game in the trash" difficult.
Traditionally it's the only thing that will prevent me from finishing a game. These days, however, I've started to get bored with a lot of these "non-linear," or "sandbox" games. I generally get tired of those about half way through and never touch them again.

Frazod 09-18-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 5032288)
There's challenging, and then there's "throw the game in the trash" difficult.
Traditionally it's the only thing that will prevent me from finishing a game. These days, however, I've started to get bored with a lot of these "non-linear," or "sandbox" games. I generally get tired of those about half way through and never touch them again.

Eventually I'll burn out on them as well. Oblivion is a good example. Great game, but after a while, the character becomes so powerful that he kills everything easily (but you don't want to go throw building up a new one) and you realize that you're just doing the same shit over and over. I got the Shivering Isles expansion, but never finished it. I doubt if I ever will.

QuikSsurfer 09-18-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5032285)
Just got the red ring of death and the menu screen won't come on.......what do I do?

My stupid ****ing roomate keeps ****ing leaving the damn thing on for hours and hours at a time while he passes out on the couch, I wake up for work the next morning and the mother****er is still on.

My xbox360 isn't even a year old. I didnt get the warranty on it......am I just ****ed out of luck?

go to xbox support site and get a box/coffin on the way to you. it should still be in warranty.

And kick your roommate in the ****ing balls.

Mr Luzcious 09-18-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5032294)
Eventually I'll burn out on them as well. Oblivion is a good example. Great game, but after a while, the character becomes so powerful that he kills everything easily (but you don't want to go throw building up a new one) and you realize that you're just doing the same shit over and over. I got the Shivering Isles expansion, but never finished it. I doubt if I ever will.

For me it's generally a case of not being able to figure out where to go, or what to do. I get sick of wandering around aimlessly. Although what you describe is exactly why I've never bothered to play Oblivion.

Mr Luzcious 09-18-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5032285)

http://www.thetiledoctor.com/ewebedi...edgehammer.jpg

http://www.gadgets-weblog.com/502267...ing-xbox-1.jpg

Frazod 09-18-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Luzcious (Post 5032302)
For me it's generally a case of not being able to figure out where to go, or what to do. I get sick of wandering around aimlessly. Although what you describe is exactly why I've never bothered to play Oblivion.

Get the game guides. The $20 you'll spend is well worth the time you won't waste being pissed off.

Mr Luzcious 09-18-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5032325)
Get the game guides. The $20 you'll spend is well worth the time you won't waste being pissed off.

If worst comes to worst I'll check out gamefaqs or something, but following a guide is usually pretty boring, imo. Not to mention they give incredibly vague directions (and almost always get east/west mixed up).... *flash back to playing Morrowind...*

QuikSsurfer 09-18-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5032325)

www.gamefaqs.com

no need to waste $20