ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink so,i got a ****in skunk invading my property (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299671)

seclark 05-02-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12212591)
Start throwing dead mice in your neighbors yard. Let him handle it.

no neighbors.
boonies
sec

SAUTO 05-02-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12212563)
You can trap a skunk. Don't do it, but you can.

Ask me how I know this

I've trapped quite a few.

Tie a long rope to the trap, throw a tarp over it and drag it somewhere you can shoot it without having to smell it.

Neighbor let one die from heat once and it didn't spray either, and only took a couple hours.

eDave 05-02-2016 06:07 PM

HOW TO KEEP SKUNKS AWAY: SMART TIPS AND METHODS TO REMOVE SMELLY CREATURES

http://pestkill.org/rodents/skunks/how-to-get-rid-of/

eDave 05-02-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 12212597)
no neighbors.
boonies
sec

Move out of the boonies. :D

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-02-2016 06:08 PM

I had a skunk in my attic at the farm. Had no idea until at 2 oclock in the morning I heard him screaming and he sprayed. I'm thinking there was a bullsnake up there that got him in a bind. Pulling bed sheets up over your nose does nothing to cut off the smell. My eyes were burning.

stumppy 05-02-2016 06:08 PM

If it's nesting there then load up its burrow with mothballs, if it's just looking for food the leave out some chocolate exlax.

O.city 05-02-2016 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12212599)
I've trapped quite a few.

Tie a long rope to the trap, throw a tarp over it and drag it somewhere you can shoot it without having to smell it.

Neighbor let one die from heat once and it didn't spray either, and only took a couple hours.

We usually just shoot them.

Last one I shot with a 7 mag. It did not spray

eDave 05-02-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12212608)
If it's nesting there then load up its burrow with mothballs, if it's just looking for food the leave out some chocolate exlax.

So is that because the skunk won't want to eat there anymore? So simple, so brilliant.

Sofa King 05-02-2016 06:11 PM

I'll help, trapped a shitload. get a live trap, cover all the way around with a blanket, put broken eggs in it and set it near the hole. when it springs, picked it up and carry to a large tub of water (bigger than the entire trap) and drop it in and place a brick on top. they will never spray. do not shoot it in the head, the nerves make it spray automatically everytime. aim and inch down, and an inch back of the front leg to get the lungs and it wont spray. trapping and drowning is easier though.

SAUTO 05-02-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 12212615)
I'll help, trapped a shitload. get a live trap, cover all the way around with a blanket, put broken eggs in it and set it near the hole. when it springs, picked it up and carry to a large tub of water (bigger than the entire trap) and drop it in and place a brick on top. they will never spray. do not shoot it in the head, the nerves make it spray automatically everytime. aim and inch down, and an inch back of the front leg to get the lungs and it wont spray. trapping is easier.

yep, I've taken them to the lake before too

eDave 05-02-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 12212615)
I'll help, trapped a shitload. get a live trap, cover all the way around with a blanket, put broken eggs in it and set it near the hole. when it springs, picked it up and carry to a large tub of water (bigger than the entire trap) and drop it in and place a brick on top. they will never spray. do not shoot it in the head, the nerves make it spray automatically everytime. aim and inch down, and an inch back of the front leg to get the lungs and it wont spray. trapping is easier.

You ****ing drowned it? **** man.

Do something to keep them away. Don't kill them because they are hungry.

Grrrr.

stumppy 05-02-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12212614)
So is that because the skunk won't want to eat there anymore? So simple, so brilliant.

I've been told the exlax will kill it from dehydration.

seclark 05-02-2016 06:16 PM

i think maybe half you guys are ****in with me. don't like skunks.
tell me more about the ex-lax.
sec

SAUTO 05-02-2016 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12212617)
You ****ing drowned it? **** man.

Do something to keep them away. Don't kill them because they are hungry.

Grrrr.

Dude they are ****ing nasty. I would rather shoot them though.

seclark 05-02-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12212600)
HOW TO KEEP SKUNKS AWAY: SMART TIPS AND METHODS TO REMOVE SMELLY CREATURES

http://pestkill.org/rodents/skunks/how-to-get-rid-of/

this is what i'm looking for.
sec