ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

Shogun 12-13-2012 10:39 PM

I wasn't on board with the Myers trade. But I'm still excited as hell for the season, We got Big game ****ing james. Why not be optimistic?

Nightfyre 12-13-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9206617)
I wasn't on board with the Myers trade. But I'm still excited as hell for the season, We got Big game ****ing james. Why not be optimistic?

I just hope it works out for us.

Sure-Oz 12-13-2012 10:40 PM

I was pissed, but im stoke to see what happens this year, hoping that Wade Davis becomes a solid guy

Mr. Arrowhead 12-13-2012 10:46 PM

agreed, but its win now or dayton is fired

58kcfan89 12-13-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9206588)
We would probably start eating into the ML roster and really thin out the minors. We would be better off focusing on replacing Frenchy which can be done for much cheaper.

Fair enough. I'm assuming Bourn is way out of our price range?

Nevermind, just saw that Tony Plush (Nyjer Morgan) is a free agent. Championship. :D

Shogun 12-13-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58kcfan89 (Post 9206639)
Fair enough. I'm assuming Bourn is way out of our price range?

Nevermind, just saw that Tony Plush (Nyjer Morgan) is a free agent. Championship. :D

In no due respect, **** nyjer morgan. What a garbage individual that guy is

Nightfyre 12-13-2012 10:53 PM

Knowing the Royal's luck:
1) Myers will move up this year and immediately start raking
2) The Rays know exactly what is wrong with Monty and he becomes an ace overnight.
3) Odorizzi actually turns into a valid major league pitcher.
4) Patrick Leonard will be the next coming of Pujols.
5) Shields will come completely off the rails and become below replacement level.
6) Davis will fizzle in the rotation, get moved back to reliever then traded for Mike Jacobs.

dmahurin 12-13-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9206649)
Knowing the Royal's luck:
1) Myers will move up this year and immediately start raking
2) The Rays know exactly what is wrong with Monty and he becomes an ace overnight.
3) Odorizzi actually turns into a valid major league pitcher.
4) Patrick Leonard will be the next coming of Pujols.
5) Shields will come completely off the rails and become below replacement level.
6) Davis will fizzle in the rotation, get moved back to reliever then traded for Mike Jacobs.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...sPixie/gif.gif

CaliforniaChief 12-13-2012 10:55 PM

I will say this. Like most of you, I think Hoch is garbage. But there's enough there for another GM to say that if it was virtually a no-risk deal (cash considerations from us), that a change of scenery could bring something out in him. The whole #1 pick thing.

That said, I would be willing to part with one of our prospects to go get Bourjos. That guy is a baller. As Deez said, he plays great defense. Also, a great baserunner.

Of course we already have Francouer, so DM isn't thinking about that.

58kcfan89 12-13-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9206645)
In no due respect, **** nyjer morgan. What a garbage individual that guy is

At least the team would be entertaining, regardless of the outcome. :)

Seriously, though, I'm assuming Bourn is out of our price range to upgrade the OF. Or does Dayton just trot Frenchy out there again & pray to the baseball gods that he's not a worthless piece of shit in 2013?

Prison Bitch 12-13-2012 11:04 PM

An outfield with Cain in RF and Dyson in CF with Gordon, would be insanely good defensively. And might make up for our defensive shortcomings vis a vis Tampa. Hell, our IF would be good with the exception of Hosmer. We could really chase down everything, altho our offense wouldn't be the best.

Frenchy wasn't getting to any balls last year, it showed up in his range factor and you could see it on TV. I don't know if he was lollygagging it or if he was a bit hurt but plenty of soft drives landed in front of him. Now in the past, he'd make up for his range by gunning runners out with his arm but last year he didn't. He's the wild card here this year because if he sucks again at the plate, he's a big problem. If he plays like 2011 then we're ok.

Shogun 12-13-2012 11:05 PM

What the hell is Bryan Lahair up to? Heard his name a lot last year. He could come cheap

doomy3 12-13-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 9206696)
What the hell is Bryan Lahair up to? Heard his name a lot last year. He could come cheap

I'm pretty sure he signed with a team in Japan.

Cephalic Trauma 12-13-2012 11:09 PM

Hochevar has the worst ERA in baseball since 2007 with a min. of 600 innings pitched (saw it on mlbtr).

Where is the value in that?

Shogun 12-13-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomy3 (Post 9206710)
I'm pretty sure he signed with a team in Japan.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.co...3129813362.jpg