ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What? No "Sons of Anarchy" Thread? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190559)

Jerm 05-17-2015 03:55 PM

Finally finished this up this weekend...loved the finale, couple of moments really got to me...

Spoiler!

Mav 05-17-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11505290)
Finally finished this up this weekend...loved the finale, couple of moments really got to me...

Spoiler!

That was always going to be chibs. Chibs was the only one besides happy to never waver.

Jerm 05-17-2015 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11505353)
That was always going to be chibs. Chibs was the only one besides happy to never waver.

True....

BigRedChief 09-11-2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8180996)
in the last two weeks I started at the first episode and rolled all the way to the present. really good show.

Never watched an episode of this show. Started a couple of weeks ago on Netflix. Up to this point so far. I agree with the other comments. It's like Hamlet meets the Sopranos.

What the **** was I thinking not watching this show all these years? It is a little hit and miss at times but overall its good TV.

pr_capone 09-12-2015 11:13 AM

I quit watching the show when the Irish kidnapped Jax's kid.

Pitt Gorilla 09-12-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11718537)
Never watched an episode of this show. Started a couple of weeks ago on Netflix. Up to this point so far. I agree with the other comments. It's like Hamlet meets the Sopranos.

What the **** was I thinking not watching this show all these years? It is a little hit and miss at times but overall its good TV.

It gets bad pretty quickly.

kcxiv 09-12-2015 04:50 PM

the only part for me that was bad, was the Ireland season, after that, it was pretty solid and alot of good things from the show, its over the top no doubt, but its tv

BigRedChief 09-12-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9966632)
I still like this show alot, but i take it for what it is....Trashy, pulpy fun. Nothing more.

This.

Season 2&3 were the best so far. The series has seemed to lost its way. Meandering all over the place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9966632)
But honestly, im beginnning to hate nearly every character. I hope they all get what they deserve and die a brutal death. I cant think of one character to root for anymore? They are all truly despicable.

Does everyone need to a bad person in this series? It's like GOT. No one is the "good" guy and nothing ever works out for someone that deserves a small piece of happiness.

Great Expectations 09-12-2015 08:13 PM

I'm half way thru season 2 and love it, when should I stop watching?

I'm also enjoying the cocain/cartel Netflix original.

BigRedChief 09-12-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 10025238)
Ok, so i've been checking this out pretty heavy lately, a work pal has been loaning me his seasons on dvd and i'm gonna start season three tonight... he says its loosely based on the origins and growth of the Hells Angels.

But the first thing that crosses my mind when i think about him saying that, is that based on every single thing i've ever read, the HA were never even CLOSE to being as organized and slick as this crew, with the cops, judges and local pillars in their pockets, the cops openly commiserating with them in public etc... this show makes them out to be like the mafia, it doesnt jibe at all with what i know of the Angels.

I'm out partying and we head over to a buddies house. He's having a party. The Hells Angels are in attendance. The real mother ****ers. They look like real tough bad ass MOFO's. They are just stopping in for the night on their travels to some other town.

This was when I was a bad ass myself. I was so full of myself I wasn't scared of any man. We start doing shots, smoking and commenting on the women. Having a great time. This one dude about 6'6" 275 turns to me and pulls out a huge ****ing knife, sticks it in my face and says "how fast do you want to go"? He is not smiling. 2 of his HA buddies stop and head towards us. I'm thinking I'm dead. What did I say? I'm not that drunk yet....I replied fast enough to kill me. That cracked them up. He said okay then, reaches into his pocket and pulls out a big bag of coke puts the knife in it and puts the knife under my nose.

Deberg_1990 09-12-2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 11719961)

Season 2 was the high water mark for me.

It got long winded around season 4,5 but it was mostly fun for its entire run.

Katipan 09-13-2015 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 11719961)

NS is the best season finale of any show, ever.

So right after that.

The Franchise 09-14-2015 10:57 AM

Wife and a just started watching this last night.

frankotank 09-14-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11719975)
I'm out partying and we head over to a buddies house. He's having a party. The Hells Angels are in attendance. The real mother ****ers. They look like real tough bad ass MOFO's. They are just stopping in for the night on their travels to some other town.

This was when I was a bad ass myself. I was so full of myself I wasn't scared of any man. We start doing shots, smoking and commenting on the women. Having a great time. This one dude about 6'6" 275 turns to me and pulls out a huge ****ing knife, sticks it in my face and says "how fast do you want to go"? He is not smiling. 2 of his HA buddies stop and head towards us. I'm thinking I'm dead. What did I say? I'm not that drunk yet....I replied fast enough to kill me. That cracked them up. He said okay then, reaches into his pocket and pulls out a big bag of coke puts the knife in it and puts the knife under my nose.

that's nucking futts!
you didn't say/do anything to provoke it? he just felt like possibly killing you?

BigRichard 09-14-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11726431)
that's nucking futts!
you didn't say/do anything to provoke it? he just felt like possibly killing you?

It sounds like he was just ****ing with him a little bit.