ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***2012 NHL Offseason Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260753)

Rams Fan 06-22-2012 05:05 PM

***2012 NHL Offseason Thread***

Draft is tonight in Pittsburgh.

If Nail doesn't go to Edmonton, I will laugh.

Al Bundy 06-22-2012 05:06 PM

I've never watched the draft I am going to watch it tonight.

Bugeater 06-22-2012 05:06 PM

MOTHER**** YOU SCOTT PIOLI!!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-22-2012 05:07 PM

Wow. Thread tools... ignore thread.

No offense.

:)

Pasta Little Brioni 06-22-2012 05:08 PM

If the Blues don't draft______we riot.

Rams Fan 06-22-2012 05:14 PM

Tambellini didn't **** up for once.

Rams Fan 06-22-2012 05:25 PM

Murray and Johnson are going to be an awesome combo in a few seasons.

Rams Fan 06-22-2012 05:29 PM

Wow. Ribeiro to the Caps.

morphius 06-22-2012 06:00 PM

Dang, the Av's don't even have a first rounder, ugh.

Al Bundy 06-22-2012 06:08 PM

Significant trade between the Pens and Hurricanes.

Rams Fan 06-22-2012 06:09 PM

Oh my ****ing god. Staal is his joining his bro in Carolina.

Holy shit.

OnTheWarpath15 06-22-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 8695998)
Oh my ****ing god. Staal is his joining his bro in Carolina.

Holy shit.

Not shocked, but what did they give up?

chiefs1111 06-22-2012 07:18 PM

Would be very happy if the Flyers can get Teravainen at 20

Rams Fan 06-22-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8696106)
Not shocked, but what did they give up?

Sutter, a 1st and some other play I can't name off the top of my head.

Rams Fan 06-22-2012 07:50 PM

Pittsburgh fans booing the Flyers was epic. LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 06-22-2012 07:53 PM

I'm calling Matteau to the Blues.

Completely out of my ass, because I've barely followed juniors/the draft class this year.

OnTheWarpath15 06-22-2012 08:09 PM

Blues on the clock.

OnTheWarpath15 06-22-2012 08:19 PM

Uh...

Predarat 07-02-2012 07:39 AM

Glad to see Brian McGrattan back for the Preds. Cannot believe Tootoo is a Red Wing. Good solid signings so far with Gaustad and Gill from the trade deadline. Very nervous about Suter, I think someone may make him an offer he can't refuse.

KC_Lee 07-02-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8713935)
Glad to see Brian McGrattan back for the Preds. Cannot believe Tootoo is a Red Wing. Good solid signings so far with Gaustad and Gill from the trade deadline. Very nervous about Suter, I think someone may make him an offer he can't refuse.

From a talent stand point losing TooToo is not a huge lose, but from a marketing stand point it's devestating.

Predarat 07-02-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8713960)
From a talent stand point losing TooToo is not a huge lose, but from a marketing stand point it's devestating.

Yes it is, some fans understand but others are upset. The Preds did claim they offered him a 3 year deal but it was not as much money as the Red Wings offered. I guess now Yip is the agitator, thats like Tootoo very light.

KC_Lee 07-02-2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8713987)
Yes it is, some fans understand but others are upset. The Preds did claim they offered him a 3 year deal but it was not as much money as the Red Wings offered. I guess now Yip is the agitator, thats like Tootoo very light.

If the Pred lose TooToo and Weber I will predict all out riots at 8th & Broadway.

Bearcat 07-02-2012 09:04 AM

The Avalanche signed Parenteau yesterday... seems like a solid move, but I didn't watch the Islanders at all last year.

Parise and Suter are supposedly deciding today.

Rams Fan 07-02-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8714032)
The Avalanche signed Parenteau yesterday... seems like a solid move, but I didn't watch the Islanders at all last year.

Parise and Suter are supposedly deciding today.

I don't know much about Parenteau either aside that he also played(sometimes) on a different line than Tavares.

He had something like 33 points involving Tavares.

Predarat 07-02-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8713993)
If the Pred lose TooToo and Weber I will predict all out riots at 8th & Broadway.

I keep nervously refreshing various websites hoping for good news and dreading bad news.

KC_Lee 07-02-2012 09:55 PM

CRAP!!!

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/7/2...xjll4.facebook

Ryan Suter Rumors: Red Wings Reportedly Offer $90 Million Over 12 Years

Ryan Suter, one of the prizes of the 2012 NHL free agency period, has a big decision to make. He's also got a lot of money on his table, thanks to a contract offer from one of the league's premier franchises: Suter is reportedly weighing a $90 million deal from the Detroit Red Wings.

Suter became one of the NHL's best defensemen in his time in Nashville, and has at least 37 points in each of his last four seasons, including a career-high 46 points in 2011-12. But the Red Wings dangling $90 million, spread over a 12-year deal that will last until Suter is 39, might be enough to get him to switch jerseys in the Central Division.

Suter might also join another former Predator in the Motor City. Jordin Tootoo shocked the Music City when he signed with Detroit on Sunday, leaving the Preds fans at On The Forecheck more than a little miffed. Suter following suit would be a bit more predictable, but could be just as devastating.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-03-2012 06:34 AM

Seriously, **** the Wings

unlurking 07-03-2012 06:43 AM

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos...ecfekwc5z3.gif

MMXcalibur 07-03-2012 06:53 AM

The Wings were the likely destination with Lidstrom retiring, and they made it happen. Nashville's gotta be pissed.

Predarat 07-03-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8715944)
The Wings were the likely destination with Lidstrom retiring, and they made it happen. Nashville's gotta be pissed.

I don't think its over yet, but yes if he goes to Detroit or Minnesota, the Preds fans are going to be extremly pissed. They will not be happy with other places but those two, and probably Chicago would really be upsetting.

KC_Lee 07-03-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 8715944)

Ya think? The Red Wings, if they sign Suter, would have signed; the most popular play on the Pred (TooToo) and one of the franchise cornerstones (Suter).

I pity the season ticket department trying sell packages after that.

OnTheWarpath15 07-03-2012 07:35 AM

This is why the salary cap in the NHL is pointless.

It raised to $70-some-odd million this year, which is impossible for about half the league to even reach if they wanted to.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-03-2012 07:38 AM

The Yankmee's of hockey

unlurking 07-03-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8716000)
This is why the salary cap in the NHL is pointless.

It raised to $70-some-odd million this year, which is impossible for about half the league to even reach if they wanted to.

And yet the Flames are second highest after signing Hudler? The problem is a watered down league with too many teams, not salaries.

unlurking 07-03-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8716004)
The Yankmee's of hockey

Cup contenders every year. Wish the Chiefs could do that.

Predarat 07-03-2012 09:37 AM

C'mon Suter, sign with the Preds already!

Pushead2 07-03-2012 10:15 AM

me personally, I want to know where Carle & Semin go.

The Poz 07-03-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8713935)

I was with Brian when he got the call, he was pretty happy and relieved. He really loves Nashville.
Toot's was offered a deal from the Pred's but he was upset the with the way he was treated towards the end of the season so he didn't want to re-sign.
Things don't look good for either Suter or Weber in Nashville. Expect Suter to sign elsewhere and Weber to get traded. This would be devastating for the Pred's but I was also with Ryan Ellis this weekend and if this scenario plays out he'll get tons of ice time. Look for Nashville to trade for a D-man soon. Maybe Bouwmeester?

Bearcat 07-03-2012 03:52 PM

Didn't see this one coming...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Hearing that Jaromir Jagr has agreed to one-year, $4.5-million deal with the Dallas Stars

unlurking 07-03-2012 09:04 PM

Hockeyy Insiderr ‏<s>@</s>HockeyyInsiderr Some ppl say verbal agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on so take it as u wish but as of right now ZP= <s>#</s>Pens Suter= <s>#</s>RedWings

Predarat 07-04-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 8716269)
I was with Brian when he got the call, he was pretty happy and relieved. He really loves Nashville.
Toot's was offered a deal from the Pred's but he was upset the with the way he was treated towards the end of the season so he didn't want to re-sign.
Things don't look good for either Suter or Weber in Nashville. Expect Suter to sign elsewhere and Weber to get traded. This would be devastating for the Pred's but I was also with Ryan Ellis this weekend and if this scenario plays out he'll get tons of ice time. Look for Nashville to trade for a D-man soon. Maybe Bouwmeester?

I have had the feeling with Suter for awhile now, was a little more hopeful for Weber. If Suter land with minnechoka I am going to be very pissed. If they dont get Suter I think they are going after Bouwmeester or someone like him. The owners have gave the green light, hope they get one of Suter/Weber. Very glad Brian is back and enjoys Nashville, he is one of if not the best enforcer in the league.

qabbaan 07-04-2012 10:12 AM

Sportswriter out of Minneapolis, which is Parise's home town, says the two have been talking and would love to play together, and that Minnesota is a finalist and could land both. Their GM and head coach met with Suter in Madison yesterday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan 07-04-2012 10:15 AM

Suter to the Wild.

Rams Fan 07-04-2012 10:20 AM

Parise also to Minnesota. Holy ****ing god.

qabbaan 07-04-2012 10:22 AM

Minneapolis Star Tribune reporting Suter to MN is done, Parise is close.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief 07-04-2012 10:23 AM

Nice to see the Twin Cities score that talent.

qabbaan 07-04-2012 10:23 AM

Early report says Wild may give Minneapolis native Parise a 13 year contract
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan 07-04-2012 10:24 AM

Vancouver won't win their division, the Wild will.

qabbaan 07-04-2012 10:25 AM

Both deals done.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/161345055.html
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan 07-04-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8718226)
Nice to see the Twin Cities score that talent.

Their owner, however, can go die in a ****ing AIDs tree after what he did to the Predators.

MMXcalibur 07-04-2012 10:31 AM

Holy shit, good for the Wild.

qabbaan 07-04-2012 10:36 AM

Both deals are $98 million over 13 years, cap hit around $7.5 million per
Posted via Mobile Device

The Poz 07-04-2012 11:11 AM

The Wild have always been a bit of a push over. Now throw in these two to go with Heatley, Koivu, Setoguchi and Brodziak and you now have a decent squad.

KC_Lee 07-04-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 8718237)
Their owner, however, can go die in a ****ing AIDs tree after what he did to the Predators.

Hindsight being 20/20 the Preds should have traded Suter last year. If they don't get Weber signed this year I am willing to bet he's gone next year.

The Poz 07-04-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8718956)
Hindsight being 20/20 the Preds should have traded Suter last year. If they don't get Weber signed this year I am willing to bet he's gone next year.

If they can't sign him to an extension this summer he'll be traded before the season starts.

Rams Fan 07-04-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

I was more or less talking about how Leopold ditched the Preds.

mnchiefsguy 07-05-2012 01:04 AM

Great pick-ups for the Wild, glad to see ownership up there is finally willing to spend the bucks, the fans up there are beyond rabid and they deserve a winner.

Predarat 07-05-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 8718237)

This for sure and I hope that bastard is cursed forever as long as he owns an NHL team.

Predarat 07-05-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 8719007)
If they can't sign him to an extension this summer he'll be traded before the season starts.

They need to back up the ****ing truck for Weber, with the new agreement coming up that could work to the Preds advantage. Pay him a little more then Suter and hope he takes that.

KC_Lee 07-05-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8719478)
They need to back up the ****ing truck for Weber, with the new agreement coming up that could work to the Preds advantage. Pay him a little more then Suter and hope he takes that.

Of course there's always the thought that Weber and Suter are not as good alone as they are together. They basically came up together and have played next to eachother thier entire careers.

Predarat 07-06-2012 07:12 AM

This is odd but I am starting to get a good feeling about Weber. Hope that is correct.

Predarat 07-07-2012 10:04 AM

With Weber not electing arbitration, it makes me more optimistic. If he wanted a 1 and done with the Preds that would have been a good way to do that. Hope they back up the truck for him and get it done!

unlurking 07-07-2012 10:41 AM

Wow. Congrats Minny. Didn't think they'd pony up like that.

Predarat 07-08-2012 10:32 AM

**** minny and craig liarplod and hope this is not a 'illegal bump' as this was on the 3rd page.

Predarat 07-14-2012 01:55 PM

Hope this offseason is not going on this time next year. I know its probably just bargaining but not a good start.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/81...-big-givebacks

Bearcat 07-14-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8739951)
Hope this offseason is not going on this time next year. I know its probably just bargaining but not a good start.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/81...-big-givebacks

:facepalm:

IIRC, the same thing happened before the lockout and the NHLPA came back with "let us know when you have an offer worth discussing" ...and why would they say anything else? :shake:

Bearcat 07-19-2012 03:17 PM

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/81...on-offer-sheet

Flyers sign Shea Weber to sheet

The Philadelphia Flyers have signed star defenseman Shea Weber to an offer sheet, the team confirmed early Thursday.

The deal is for 14 years and is worth about $110 million, a source confirmed to ESPN.com. Weber, 26, will receive $56 million in the first four years of the deal, a source told ESPN The Magazine NHL Insider Craig Custance.

Weber's offer sheet from the Flyers includes a full no-movement clause. Also, in the first four years of the contract -- when he'll earn $14 million per year -- $13 million per year is designated as a signing bonus, with an additional $1 million in salary, the source told Custance.

A restricted free agent, Weber has spent his entire career with the Nashville Predators, who have seven days to match Philadelphia's offer, which was first reported by TSN of Canada.

If the Predators decide not to match the offer, they would receive four future first-round draft picks from the Flyers, according to TSN.

"We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea," Predators general manager David Poile said. "Due to the complexity of the offer sheet, we will take the appropriate time to review and evaluate it and all of its ramifications in order to make the best decision for the Predators in both the short and long-term."

A three-time All-Star and the Predators' captain the past two years, Weber recorded 19 goals and 49 points this past season while anchoring one of the NHL's top defensive teams.

"We didn't go actively looking for an offer sheet," said Jarrett Bousquet, Weber's agent. "But when we spoke with Philadelphia, it seemed to be a right fit there.

"I think at the point, (Weber) is really in a good situation. I think he wants to explore his options. I don't think he would sign an offer sheet unless you were hoping you were able to go to that team."

Weber's departure would be a devastating blow to a Nashville team that already lost All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter, who signed a 13-year, $98 million deal July 4 with the Minnesota Wild.

"Things changed in Nashville July 4," Bousquet said. "The next four or five days we had to look at different options."

The Predators said they had the money to keep Weber and Suter after signing goalie Pekka Rinne to a seven-year, $49 million deal last November. But Poile couldn't keep Suter in town despite team officials thinking they had a good chance to keep their top draft pick in 2003. The Wild not only snagged Suter, but also agreed with forward Zach Parise, Suter's good friend who left New Jersey for a similar deal to Suter's, a month after leading the Devils to the Stanley Cup finals.

Clearly, the Flyers are in a position of need. They have watched teams around them in the East get better and are still smarting from consecutive second-round playoff exits. And last summer, general manager Paul Holmgren pulled off stunning deals to get rid of high-priced forwards Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. The two ended up helping Los Angeles to the Stanley Cup last month.

The Flyers were exposed on defense this past season in a five-game, Round 2 playoff series loss to New Jersey. They since have lost defenseman Matt Carle, who snared a six-year, $33 million deal with Tampa Bay.

Weber would fix a lot of those problems.

Weber also would fill the void left by Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger. Pronger -- a key cog in the Flyers' run to the 2010 Stanley Cup finals -- has been battling concussion problems and missed most of last season. He finished with one goal in 13 games.

The Flyers would love to make a splash after also losing forward Jaromir Jagr, who left for Dallas, and trading one of their former cornerstones in forward James van Riemsdyk to Toronto.

The highly coveted Weber also was interested in the Rangers and visited New York recently, multiple sources confirmed to ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang. He also paid visits to San Jose and Detroit.

"(Philadelphia) just seemed to be a better fit than New York," Bousquet told Strang.

Bousquet said the main deterrent for Weber in terms of New York was the prospect of living in Manhattan.

"He's a small-town guy, and it's a huge city," Bousquet said. "With New York, it was nothing personal. He thought everything, from the ownership to the hockey operations to the coaching was unbelievable. (Philadelphia) just seemed to be a better fit at this time in his career."

Weber has 99 goals and 164 assists in his seven-year NHL career.

Predarat 07-20-2012 07:35 AM

The Preds need to pony up and sign him. Its very assanine of them to call it rebuilding over one freaking player though, that pisses me off. Im not real happy with GM Poile, he should have got this done a long time ago.

KC_Lee 07-20-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8754884)
The Preds need to pony up and sign him. Its very assanine of them to call it rebuilding over one freaking player though, that pisses me off. Im not real happy with GM Poile, he should have got this done a long time ago.

I think Weber signed the sheet to force the Preds hand. Now the Preds have to get something done with Weber and can't draw it out like they did with Suter.

Plus, there a train of thought that Weber knows that the new CBA would end contracts likethis one going forward.

If the Preds fail to sign the offer sheet and Weber walks I predict the Nashville Preds become the Kansas City Monarchs in 4 years.

Predarat 07-20-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8755003)
I think Weber signed the sheet to force the Preds hand. Now the Preds have to get something done with Weber and can't draw it out like they did with Suter.

Plus, there a train of thought that Weber knows that the new CBA would end contracts likethis one going forward.

If the Preds fail to sign the offer sheet and Weber walks I predict the Nashville Preds become the Kansas City Monarchs in 4 years.

Exactly, if they cannot get this done, that is not a good sign at all.

KC_Lee 07-20-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8755210)
Exactly, if they cannot get this done, that is not a good sign at all.

Consider that if Weber does walk the franchise has lost;

- The two "faces" of the franchise in Suter & Weber
- Thier marketing tool to get younger fans excited in TooToo
- They just signed Rinee (sp?) to a long term deal and you lose your two top D men

Now you're the head of the season ticket sales department, what do you do?

Predarat 07-21-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8755222)
Consider that if Weber does walk the franchise has lost;

- The two "faces" of the franchise in Suter & Weber
- Thier marketing tool to get younger fans excited in TooToo
- They just signed Rinee (sp?) to a long term deal and you lose your two top D men

Now you're the head of the season ticket sales department, what do you do?

I think I start sending my resume out in mass. That would suck, I thought when Pekka signed the other two would get on board.

In other news congrats to Brian McGrattan and his new wife on their marriage.

The Poz 07-22-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8757415)
In other news congrats to Brian McGrattan and his new wife on their marriage.

It was greatd night! I was in the wedding party along with Spezza and Emery. Wicked time!

Bearcat 07-24-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Predators match offer to Shea Weber
Updated: July 24, 2012, 3:39 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Nashville Predators announced Tuesday they have matched the Philadelphia Flyers' 14-year, $110 million offer sheet to defenseman Shea Weber.

A restricted free agent, Weber has spent his entire seven-year career with the Predators.

A three-time All-Star and the Predators' captain the past two years, Weber recorded 19 goals and 49 points this past season while anchoring one of the NHL's top defensive teams. He has 99 goals and 164 assists in his career.

Weber's departure would have been a devastating blow to a Nashville team that already lost All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter, who signed a 13-year, $98 million deal July 4 with the Minnesota Wild.

The Predators will hold a news conference Wednesday at 2 p.m. ET.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/81...eet-shea-weber

KC_Lee 07-24-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8764218)
[The Nashville Predators announced Tuesday they have matched the Philadelphia Flyers' 14-year, $110 million offer sheet to defenseman Shea Weber.

Awesome!

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2012 03:03 PM

Good for Nashville.

Predarat 07-24-2012 03:19 PM

This is too ****ing awesome!

KC_Lee 07-24-2012 03:28 PM

Lot of butt hurt from Flyers' fans on the NHL.com board.

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8764508)
Lot of butt hurt from Flyers' fans on the NHL.com board.

They can suck it. I was in Nashville during the Red Wings series and you guys got great fans. Nashville is sort of the Kansas City of the South (size wise)so I am rooting for you guys.

Predarat 07-25-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8764810)
They can suck it. I was in Nashville during the Red Wings series and you guys got great fans. Nashville is sort of the Kansas City of the South (size wise)so I am rooting for you guys.

Thanks, hope you enjoyed it! And you are right, it has alot of similaritys to KC. Two major league teams, similar size, the suburbs have similar type areas. Though KC is closer to a 3rd Major League team then Nashville is.