ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Whats the absolute worst piece of music you own? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266592)

Braincase 11-13-2012 08:41 PM

I'm a big fan of Eric Johnson, the Texas Tornado, EJ... one of the finest guitar players to ever lay down a track... Grammy Award winner, the guy who created one of the greatest guitar instrumentals of all time, "Cliffs of Dover".

So, I hadn't picked up a new album of his in a couple of years, and I come across this - Link . Yeah, the description of a 45 minute guitar wankoff is spot on. A different Eric Johnson.

Thankfully, I came across Up Close and his Electromagnets work.

Bugeater 11-13-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9116877)
Way worse and it's not even close. 1984 had a couple good songs.

I know, I know... not to you because you're taste in music is too pure to like anything other than what a bands first couple albums were about...

:D

I'm not sure that's accurate. I'm just old and grumpy and set in my ways. What's funny is I also still have that copy of 1984, out of the handful of vinyl albums I still have two of them are what I consider my worst purchases of all time. I suppose the reason they've lasted so long is partly because I never listened to them.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-13-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butteater (Post 9116925)
I'm not sure that's accurate. I'm just old and grumpy and set in my ways. What's funny is I also still have that copy of 1984, out of the handful of vinyl albums I still have two of them are what I consider my worst purchases of all time. I suppose the reason they've lasted so long is partly because I never listened to them.

If I'm not mistaken you're only months older than me. You gravitated it seems to an original sound and I gravitated to a more progessive sound... over all. I like the originals while appreciating new music. You like a more rock based sound throughout. Am I wrong?

I don't think there's fault in either. For what I do now it was good that I could adjust. As a pure music lover it works for you to be attracted to a more pure or original approach.

Just my take. I could be full of shit.

Bugeater 11-13-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9116974)
If I'm not mistaken you're only months older than me. You gravitated it seems to an original sound and I gravitated to a more progessive sound... over all. I like the originals while appreciating new music. You like a more rock based sound throughout. Am I wrong?

I don't think there's fault in either. For what I do now it was good that I could adjust. As a pure music lover it works for you to be attracted to a more pure or original approach.

Just my take. I could be full of shit.

The bulk of my library is classic rock from 68-82. And I could never work in the radio industry. Waaayyy too closed-minded when it comes to music.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-13-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butteater (Post 9117038)
The bulk of my library is classic rock from 68-82. And I could never work in the radio industry. Waaayyy too closed-minded when it comes to music.

Radio isn't meant to be a medium to play everything. It's a business. It's meant to appeal to a given audience... attract that listener, get ratings among that demo, sell advertising to businesses that want that demo, profit.

It's no different from any other business... some people just think it should be. For some reason radio is suppossed to be above other kinds of business that exisits to make money to some people. I'm not sure why that is. Radio was never that. Nor was tv or print. We find it quite amusing.

That said most people I know in radio got into it because they love music... and hardly any of them listen to the stuff on the radio on their own time.

displacedinMN 11-13-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butteater (Post 9117038)

I always say I never listen to anything after 1989.

and never listen to rap with a silent c.

Aries Walker 11-13-2012 09:52 PM

To be fair, this is the 45 I bought when I was seven.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cd_Fdly3rX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-13-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9117104)
To be fair, this is the 45 I bought when I was seven.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cd_Fdly3rX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love that song. Anyone who doesn't can suck me.

lewdog 11-13-2012 09:55 PM

Without a doubt the worse album I ever bought. I was in love with Shaq growing up. This album is beyond bad. There is one lyric that goes, "and poop comes out your butt." No joke.

Also, I hate all rap except for Eminem.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/418CB6N6N9L.jpg

displacedinMN 11-13-2012 09:56 PM

I know my sister has my 45 of Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell

Jenson71 11-13-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9117097)
I always say I never listen to anything after 1989.

and never listen to rap with a silent c.

Dec. 31, 1989: The Day the Music Died.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9117110)
I love that song. Anyone who doesn't can suck me.

I hate that song because it was so overplayed.

I'll pass on the sucking part.

lewdog 11-13-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9117115)

The early 90's grunge movement put out some great rock, IMO.

displacedinMN 11-13-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9117115)

Not arguing- how did you come up with that date?

Reaper16 11-13-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9117122)
Not arguing- how did you come up with that date?

I'm giving you the slowest clap imaginable right now.