ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

DaneMcCloud 07-26-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9837294)
Did he get the part? No.

A relative unknown did.

Again, these are Lucas' own admissions. He picked unknowns for the roles for a specific reason.

Now **** off. You're being a dick for no reason other than you're mad about being wrong about something. Again.

:shake:

You fail to realize that many of these actors had worked for his best friend and mentor at the time, Francis Ford Coppola.

If Caan, Pacino, et al, would have accepted, they would have been cast.

You're buying into revisionist history because you weren't around when it actually occurred.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9837309)
I'll go with this. I'll bet a lot of more respected actors at the time read the script and started to ROFL.

In hindsight, I can totally see this being the case.

Hammock Parties 07-26-2013 09:44 PM

So GEORGE LUCAS is lying.

Sure Dane. Sure.

one who sucks the penis.

DaneMcCloud 07-26-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9837322)

Sure Dane. Sure.

one who sucks the penis.

George Lucas has never revised any of his work.

Deberg_1990 07-26-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9837315)
In hindsight, I can totally see this being the case.

Most of the movies of that era were gritty, realistic dramas. Totally different than today. Very, very few special effects pictures. It's why Star Wars was so revolutionary. It changed the game. It's impact will never be replicated today, because every week we see a brand new big budget special effects picture open. The impossible has now become commonplace and ordinary.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9837326)
Most of the movies of that era were gritty, realistic dramas. Totally different than today. Very, very few special effects pictures. It's why Star Wars was so revolutionary. It changed the game. It's impact will never be replicated today, because every week we see a brand new big budget special effects picture open. The impossible has now become commonplace and ordinary.

Yep.

Chiefspants 07-27-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9837322)

Sure Dane. Sure.

one who sucks the penis.

Seeing that Luke and his family were originally written as a family of trolls while Han Solo was written as a lizard from another galaxy, I'll be siding with Dane on this one.

Bowser 07-27-2013 11:31 AM

Which is Dane and which is GoChiefs?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8NE5elL30w4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 07-27-2013 04:11 PM

Looks like they will be doing a lot of location shooting and mixing in practical effects without over-relying on CG.

HEY DANE I LIKE THIS NEWS THIS SOUNDS GOOD TO ME I MIGHT LIKE THE MOVIE

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...ctical-effects

Quote:

"It's a conversation we're having all the time in the development of Episode VII. Looking at all the Star Wars movies and getting a feel for what even some of the early films did, combining real locations and special effects – that's something we're looking very seriously at."

This resulted in rapturous applause from the audience, with many glowing lightsabers being waved in frantic approval. "So we're going to find some very cool locations that we're going to use in support of Episode VII," promised Kennedy. "And I think we're probably going to end up using every single tool in the toolbox to create the look of these movies."

And when Davis asked what exactly was in that toolbox, Kennedy said, "It's using model makers; it's using real droids; it's taking advantage of artwork that you actually can touch and feel. And we want to do that in combination with CG effects. We figure that's what will make it real."

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-27-2013 04:19 PM

Well, at least THAT aspect doesn't sound like super-FAIL.

DaneMcCloud 07-27-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9838664)
Looks like they will be doing a lot of location shooting and mixing in practical effects without over-relying on CG.

That's not what she said:

Quote:

...combining real locations and special effects – that's something we're looking very seriously at."
There's plenty of wiggle room in that statement, so don't get your hopes up, just yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9838664)
HEY DANE I LIKE THIS NEWS THIS SOUNDS GOOD TO ME I MIGHT LIKE THE MOVIE

Until they cast Selena Gomez and Zac Efron

Hammock Parties 07-27-2013 04:28 PM

Selena Gomez better not be anywhere near this.

Donger 07-27-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9838687)
Selena Gomez better not be anywhere near this.

Why not? I think she'd be a good offspring of Lea. Her Dad looked a bit Hispanic, too. I don't remember the name of the actor, but he also played Julio in Running Scared.

Deberg_1990 07-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9838729)
Why not? I think she'd be a good offspring of Lea. Her Dad looked a bit Hispanic, too. I don't remember the name of the actor, but he also played Julio in Running Scared.

Jimmy Smits? Your gonna remember him from a bit part in Running Scared?

Donger 07-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9838786)
Jimmy Smits? Your gonna remember him from a bit part in Running Scared?

I suppose that's his name, but he was one of the main characters. I don't remember him from anything else other than Star Wars.