ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (3/18/13) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271267)

Direckshun 03-18-2013 08:19 AM

Mock (3/18/13)

Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs will get a 3rd round compensatory pick for Brandon Carr.

2. The Chiefs will be unable to trade down.

On with the show:

1. OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M

I think if I was picking #5 or #6 overall, I'd go with Fisher. But if you are picking first overall, and there are no true 1st overall talent, you have to go with the least bust-able player.

3. WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

If you watch a lot of the Senior Bowl highlights, you'll notice Patton is an excellent route runner with quick-twitch moves. He's become a favorite on ChiefsPlanet, and for good reason.

3. FS Bacarri Rambo, Georgia

I like Rambo a ton if he lasts this far. He's a true free safety with some strong safety ability.

4. ILB Nico Johnson, Alabama

A favorite of mine going back a couple months now at the ILB position.

5. DE Joe Vellano, Maryland

Vellano is a fantastic penetrator for the interior of your defensive line, but he's undersized for a DT role. At 6'1", 285 lbs, he's a bit short but otherwise perfect for a role as an interior passrusher on passing downs.

6. OLB Michael Buchanan, Illinois

Buchanan is a prototypical edge rusher that has somehow fallen about half a round. The Chiefs take the value.

7. OLB Stansly Maponga, TCU

Stansly the mansley has all the tools, but zero effective technique. Might be worth a roll of the dice in the 7th.

Sfeihc 03-18-2013 08:22 AM

I really like this one, D. Maybe sneak a QB in late instead of another OLB and it's all kinds of dreamy.

Dave Lane 03-18-2013 08:29 AM

puke

Direckshun 03-18-2013 08:42 AM

QB: Smith, Daniel, Stanzi
RB: Charles, Gray, Droughn, Eachus
FB: DiMarco

WR: Bowe, Baldwin, McCluster, Avery, Patton
TE: Moeaki, Fasano, Rucker

LT: Albert, Stephenson
LG: Allen, Schwartz
C: Hudson, Patterson
RG: Asamoah, Schwartz
RT: Joeckel, Stephenson

DE: DeVito, Bailey
NT: Poe, Powe, Toribio
DE: Jackson, Vellano

OLB: Hali, Maponga
ILB: Johnson, Sturdivant
ILB: Johnson, Greenwood
OLB: Houston, Buchanan

CB: Flowers, Smith, Robinson, Arenas, Brown
S: Berry, Rambo, Abdullah, Lewis

K: Succop
P: Colquitt
LS: Gafford

Sorter 03-18-2013 08:53 AM

Did they at least try furiously?

PhillyChiefFan 03-18-2013 09:06 AM

Honestly, I feel like the trade down possibility is gaining traction. Reid/Dorsey played FA well enough that they can be flexible and possibly trade down.

If the Jags truly are interested in Geno Smith, they blew their cover by sending everyone to his pro day. Buffalo NEEDS a QB after letting Fitzpatrick go. If the Chiefs make it known that they want to trade down and the Jags are likely to take Smith, I can see Buffalo making an offer.

Other option is Miami since Long is now gone. But it would be a hell of a price to pay for Joeckel to trade up from #12.