ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

Al Bundy 10-27-2012 08:53 PM

Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread

Looks like James Harden has been To the Rockets for Jeremey Lamb, Kevin Martin and future picks. Plus... this is a general NBA thread.

RunKC 10-27-2012 09:09 PM

God ****ing damnit mother ****er!!!!!

Oh well. We had no choice.

WhitiE 10-27-2012 09:11 PM

It's good we traded him instead of watching him leave in free agency

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 09:12 PM

Well...that's a bad trade for OKC. Their team just took a serious value hit today....Harden was one of the best players in the NBA last season when he was on the court (see his rate stats).

Who's going to beat the Heat this year now? The answer would seem to be nobody.

The Bad Guy 10-27-2012 09:12 PM

I love Lamb's upside, but Martin is a terrible fit there.

Harden is going to be a stud there.

rico 10-27-2012 09:14 PM

Lol, I was looking for a thread to post this in, but couldn't find one. This was going to be my opportunity to really add something that hadn't been posted already!!! Mr. Bundy, you have ruined my breakthrough, shining moment.

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/ima...eek-crying.gif

The Bad Guy 10-27-2012 09:16 PM

Why not make this move at the deadline? I mean, Harden was essential to their success in the post-season. He was a matchup nightmare from the standpoint he could dominate the ball, and he was probably the best at attacking the basket late in games when teams were worried about Durant on the wing.

Kevin Martin is a nice spot up shooter, but he offers little else.

Thunder will be fine, but I think the Lakers are clearly the favorites now in the West.

RealSNR 10-27-2012 09:17 PM

Cole Aldrich is involved in the trade too! Why don't you mention that, hmm?

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055346)
Who's going to beat the Heat this year now? The answer would seem to be nobody.

The Lakers in the finals maybe.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9055375)
Cole Aldrich is involved in the trade too! Why don't you mention that, hmm?

Since I have no team to root for I'll again root for KU players and against the Lakers.

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055378)
The Lakers in the finals maybe.

Kobe and Nash aren't exactly the same as they used to be. Certainly a better chance for them of getting there now, though.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055384)
Kobe and Nash aren't exactly the same as they used to be.

No but they're still quite good and Dwight Howard is as good as he used to be. Note I said "maybe."

-King- 10-27-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055384)
Kobe and Nash aren't exactly the same as they used to be. Certainly a better chance for them of getting there now, though.

They are still better than 95% of the rest of the players in the league.

-King- 10-27-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

James Harden traded to Rockets
Updated: October 27, 2012, 11:23 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded Sixth Man of the Year James Harden to the Houston Rockets, breaking up the young core of the Western Conference champions.

Harden
Harden

The Thunder acquired guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick in the surprising deal that was completed Saturday night.

Oklahoma City also sent center Cole Aldrich, and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston. Yahoo! Sports first reported the trade.

Harden will become a free agent next summer if Houston doesn't sign him to an extension by Oct. 31, but sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein late Saturday the Rockets intend to sign the swingman to the max contract extension he was seeking from the Thunder before Wednesday's midnight deadline.

The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

The Thunder had already signed Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka to long-term deals, and apparently realized Harden was going to want a bigger salary than they would offer.

-King- 10-27-2012 09:28 PM

Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow

OKC trades Harden to Houston, and sign-and-trades the Western Conference Championship to the Lakers.

okcchief 10-27-2012 09:50 PM

I love Harden, but once the shock wore off I like the trade. A first from Toronto will be a lottery pick. The first from Dallas could be a decent pick. I like Lamb, and Martin can at least provide scoring off the bench. I love getting rid of Cook, Cole and Hayward.

We now have 2 open roster spots. I think there maybe more trades coming. If we stay pat, we won't be as good this year, but the long term looks better.

They offered him 55 today and he took 60 from the Rockets. Really, don't understand it from Hardens perspective at all. I guess he wants to be the man. We'll see how he handles it

The Bad Guy 10-27-2012 09:53 PM

I don't know about the Toronto lottery thing. I like the squad they have put together. Really good PG, front court is upgraded with the young center that I can't spell his name.

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9055414)
They are still better than 95% of the rest of the players in the league.

True. But that 5% includes LeBron and Wade.

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9055491)
I don't know about the Toronto lottery thing. I like the squad they have put together. Really good PG, front court is upgraded with the young center that I can't spell his name.

Jonas Valanciunas, he's looking like a serious improvement. I'd expect them to win 35-40 games, which is as good as they've been in 5-6 years and might be good enough to get them in the playoffs.

kcxiv 10-27-2012 10:05 PM

I thought they would give that team at least a few years. I guess Harden wanted to start. i really cant blame him and his stance, but damn, as a laker fan, this is great.

Anyways, season starts in 2 days, lets do it!

LAKERS!

RealSNR 10-27-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9055491)

Bargnani?

Ted Theodore Logan 10-27-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055503)
True. But that 5% includes LeBron and Wade.

Lol! What team other than the Celtics have won 16 Championships? Oh that's right...THE LAKE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And number 17 coming soon...Also Ive been hearing your boy LeBron may become a Laker next year...He knows the place to go to win multiple CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:17 PM

I think I'm more concerned about how this effects chemistry than anything. Harden isn't a good defender, and not a max guy IMO. Westbrook and Ibaka took a little less to keep it together. I'm pretty shocked Harden wasn't willing to do so. It's better to trade him with 3 throw away players now for a couple of scorers, and give yourself time to play together than do it midseason. Then you have a couple of picks to package or keep.

It will be interesting to see how Harden handles the spotlight. I really like the guy and hope he succeeds.

I thought the Lakers were the favorites in the West anyway, so nothing changes there.

RealSNR 10-27-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Theodore Logan (Post 9055548)
Lol! What team other than the Celtics have won 16 Championships? Oh that's right...THE LAKE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And number 17 coming soon...Also Ive been hearing your boy LeBron may become a Laker next year...He knows the place to go to win multiple CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Kobe and Nash retire, a Lebron/Howard team would look like ass. No better than any of his Cleveland teams if Lebron can't have another guy on his team that can create his own shot

The Bad Guy 10-27-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9055559)
When Kobe and Nash retire, a Lebron/Howard team would look like ass. No better than any of his Cleveland teams if Lebron can't have another guy on his team that can create his own shot

A Lebron Howard team would win multiple titles.

That's 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA. 2 of the top 10 defenders in the NBA. In 2 years, they are also both still under 30.

They wouldn't be the only pieces there either. LeBron has never played with a dominant big like him.

The Bad Guy 10-27-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9055532)
Bargnani?

No, Valachenus or however you spell it.

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Theodore Logan (Post 9055548)

Whoa man, cut down on the exclamation points.

#17 may be coming soon, but I doubt it's going to happen as long as LeBron is playing for the Heat.

RealSNR 10-27-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9055563)
A Lebron Howard team would win multiple titles.

That's 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA. 2 of the top 10 defenders in the NBA. In 2 years, they are also both still under 30.

They wouldn't be the only pieces there either. LeBron has never played with a dominant big like him.

I assume the Lakers would pull off a trade to get another scorer, because they would need it. Possibly get rid of Pau for a veteran somewhere.

The Bad Guy 10-27-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9055571)
I assume the Lakers would pull off a trade to get another scorer, because they would need it. Possibly get rid of Pau for a veteran somewhere.

In 2 years, Pau is off the books, which is when LeBron would be a FA.

Of course they would need another scorer.

-King- 10-27-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9055559)

Lol no. Dwight has more talent in his pinky toe than the rest of the Cleveland teams combined.

We're talking about teams where Ilgauskas was the 2nd best player after LeBron.

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9055554)
I think I'm more concerned about how this effects chemistry than anything. Harden isn't a good defender, and not a max guy IMO. Westbrook and Ibaka took a little less to keep it together. I'm pretty shocked Harden wasn't willing to do so. It's better to trade him with 3 throw away players now for a couple of scorers, and give yourself time to play together than do it midseason. Then you have a couple of picks to package or keep.

It will be interesting to see how Harden handles the spotlight. I really like the guy and hope he succeeds.

I thought the Lakers were the favorites in the West anyway, so nothing changes there.

Harden is a far, far better defender than Kevin Martin (who is really pretty useless outside of his shooting ability).

There's no question the Thunder took a hit at their 2013 championship hopes tonight with this loss. What they do with that freed up money will determine whether it will be a hit in the future years beyond that.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 10:26 PM

I think I'm going to be a Bucks fan this year. They need a fan.

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055579)

Sounds almost as bad as being a Raptors fan.

NJChiefsFan 10-27-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055579)

Good luck.

-King- 10-27-2012 10:27 PM

Steve Nash will have the only active contract for the Lakers in 2014 (if he hasn't retired already). LeBron and Dwight having max deals still leaves room for at least 1 more top 15 guy and a few MLE type players.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9055581)
Good luck.

I'm a Royals and Chiefs fan man... do you think I'm concerned with winning?

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9055583)
Steve Nash will have the only active contract for the Lakers in 2014 (if he hasn't retired already). LeBron and Dwight having max deals still leaves room for at least 1 more top 15 guy and a few MLE type players.

I hope Ron is still around then.

NJChiefsFan 10-27-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055584)

Feel free to start watching hockey and become a Devils fan. We do alright overall.

The Bad Guy 10-27-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055585)
I hope Ron is still around then.

Nope he's gone too.

Think he's an expiring contract in 2013.

The Bad Guy 10-27-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055578)
Harden is a far, far better defender than Kevin Martin (who is really pretty useless outside of his shooting ability).

There's no question the Thunder took a hit at their 2013 championship hopes tonight with this loss. What they do with that freed up money will determine whether it will be a hit in the future years beyond that.

I think the draft picks are the most attractive part. Plus, Martin is expiring so he may have some value at the trade deadline.

Lamb is nice, but how the Thunder adjust late in games will be very interesting.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9055593)
Feel free to start watching hockey and become a Devils fan. We do alright overall.

I watched a few Blues games several years back (during a good year for them) and really tried. Just didn't keep my interest.

Ted Theodore Logan 10-27-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055568)
Whoa man, cut down on the exclamation points.

#17 may be coming soon, but I doubt it's going to happen as long as LeBron is playing for the Heat.

Wow,you act like Lebron has won multiple titles,lol! He has won only 1 title. Lakers have won 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! LeBron does not worry me.

NJChiefsFan 10-27-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055599)
I watched a few Blues games several years back (during a good year for them) and really tried. Just didn't keep my interest.

It's a diehard sport for the most part. I can't get enough of it. Good thing they aren't having a season.....AGAIN.

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:37 PM

I go look at the Lakers roster and I totally forgot they still had Pau Gasol. Yeah, they're winning the West.

Chiefs Pantalones 10-27-2012 10:37 PM

And once again my Bulls didn't do shit to be taken seriously. Poor Rose.

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Theodore Logan (Post 9055602)
Wow,you act like Lebron has won multiple titles,lol! He has won only 1 title. Lakers have won 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!! LeBron does not worry me.

He should. He's the best player in the NBA by far, he just willed his team to a championship last season, and he will probably do it again many more times (whether it's for the Heat or somebody else).

Pitt Gorilla 10-27-2012 10:38 PM

This really ruined my evening. I love Harden.

Ted Theodore Logan 10-27-2012 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=KC_Connection;9055607]He should. He's the best player in the NBA by far

Really? Really. Really?

KC_Connection 10-27-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted Theodore Logan (Post 9055613)
Really? Really. Really?

Totally.

Ted Theodore Logan 10-27-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055614)
Totally.

1 measly championship and he is the best in LEAGUE! lol....

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055578)

Kevin Martin will be there 1 year. I know he's a horrid defender. For the overall future of the franchise it's a good move. Hardens not worth 60 Mill. IMO. Maynor is back to run the second team. A spot up shooter, PJ3 and Lamb will still mske the Thunder the number 2 team in the West. IMO we weren't beating the Lakers or Heat with Harden.

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055605)
I go look at the Lakers roster and I totally forgot they still had Pau Gasol. Yeah, they're winning the West.

How the hell did you forget that? Nash and Pau running the pick and roll had me concerned before Howard even came into the picture.

tk13 10-27-2012 10:46 PM

While the Lakers are no doubt the favorites, I refuse to completely count out any team that has Kevin Durant on it.

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9055595)
I think the draft picks are the most attractive part. Plus, Martin is expiring so he may have some value at the trade deadline.

Lamb is nice, but how the Thunder adjust late in games will be very interesting.

The picks are definitely what makes it a damn good deal. I was raging when I just heard Martin and Lamb. Another thing I like is I see Perry Jones gets more minutes now. I REALLY like what I've seen from him.

okcchief 10-27-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9055623)
While the Lakers are no doubt the favorites, I refuse to completely count out any team that has Kevin Durant on it.

I agree, but the Lakers are going to be tough for the next 2 years. EVEN for the Heat.

BWillie 10-27-2012 10:54 PM

I like the trade to be honest. Harden, as good of a player as he is isnt worth a max contract. The Thunder already have scoring. Thats not the problem, so I kinda feel Ibaka was more important to keep. As has already been said, Martin is a nice stop gap player and should be useful as a scorer. Thabo is going to start anyway. Lamb has as much potential as anybody in last yrs draft. Best part about this is the two draft picks.PJ3 looks like a stud in the making. If you let Harden walk, you get nothing. If you do it at the trade deadline you mess up team chemistry. And, I dont buy that the Lakers are a shoe in for the NBA finals. As seen with the Heat, it can take teams luke this a couple yrs to jell right and the lakers just dont have that time. I honestly think OKC got the better end of this deal. Remember this is a Houston team who played Chase Budinger all year, doesnt let Marcus Morris play, and overpaid for the asian tim tebow.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9055603)
It's a diehard sport for the most part. I can't get enough of it. Good thing they aren't having a season.....AGAIN.

I have nothing against hockey, just never had had a team to root for so never got into it. I can't root for teams 1000 miles away. I need a hometown tie to feel the love.

NJChiefsFan 10-27-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055645)
I have nothing against hockey, just never had had a team to root for so never got into it. I can't root for teams 1000 miles away. I need a hometown tie to feel the love.

Its not that bad. Especially today being able to see every game. Hell, 1,200 miles apart hasn't kept me from giving up on the Chiefs even with all the fail.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-27-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9055651)
Its not that bad. Especially today being able to see every game. Hell, 1,200 miles apart hasn't kept me from giving up on the Chiefs even with all the fail.

Like I said without a hometown team to root for I just can't care that much. I'm a KC fan... the city, the teams. The Blues are close now but it wasn't a sport I grew up with (no KC team) so even though I tried I just couldn't get into it. Plus they're from St. Louis and that city really sucks aside from not being my hometown.

NJChiefsFan 10-27-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055660)
Like I said without a hometown team to root for I just can't care that much. I'm a KC fan... the city, the teams. The Blues are close now but it wasn't a sport I grew up with (no KC team) so even though I tried I just couldn't get into it. Plus they're from St. Louis and that city really sucks aside from not being my hometown.

True. Well they did use to be the KC Scouts.

Al Bundy 10-27-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055584)

Join me... be a Golden State Warriors fan. They actually have several good pieces in place, especially if Andrew Bogut can get and stay healthy.

okcchief 10-27-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9055697)
Join me... be a Golden State Warriors fan. They actually have several good pieces in place, especially if Andrew Bogut can get and stay healthy.

That's a pretty big IF :)

ChiefsCountry 10-27-2012 11:58 PM

Unless LeBron gets hurt he will championships until Durant turns 28. That is when the torch will pass.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9055622)
How the hell did you forget that? Nash and Pau running the pick and roll had me concerned before Howard even came into the picture.

I guess I just found him easy to forget with the other three big names and with Lakers fans always hating on him even though he won them a championship.

NJChiefsFan 10-28-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055758)
I guess I just found him easy to forget with the other three big names and with Lakers fans always hating on him even though he won them a championship.

Sounds like A Rod. I wasn't fully sure where he went either when I went on a 2 month NBA hiatus. The fact that people thought he would be pissed after the almost trade makes you feel he was gone. Add to that getting Howard and its easy to have thought he was on his way out.

the Talking Can 10-28-2012 12:15 AM

harden isn't a franchise player, that's an excellent trade....OKC found a desperate team and fleeced them...

and harden not wanting to stay on a championship caliber team for 4 mill over the life of the contract is just stupid...have fun failing to meet expectations in houston

being #3 behind durant and westbrook was the sweetest gig in the nba...ego is a terrible thing

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:15 AM

I also disagree that Harden is not worth what he's asking. Only LeBron, Durant, and Paul had a better win share per 48 minute rate than Harden last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2012.html) While that will likely decline with more playing time and playing more of a primary role rather than a tertiary one, he's a great player. If OKC isn't going to give him the money, somebody else will and they'll reap the benefits of his production.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9055645)

Root for the Blues. They are the Chiefs and Royals all wrapped into one.

-King- 10-28-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055758)

We hate on him because there are moments when he shrinks and just plays awful for games at a time. What's worse are that these moments tend to happen in the post season most of the time.

NJChiefsFan 10-28-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9055769)
We hate on him because there are moments when he shrinks and just plays awful for games at a time. What's worse are that these moments tend to happen in the post season most of the time.

He also fills the generic image of a European(especially Spain/Italy) flopping baby.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9055764)
Sounds like A Rod. I wasn't fully sure where he went either when I went on a 2 month NBA hiatus. The fact that people thought he would be pissed after the almost trade makes you feel he was gone. Add to that getting Howard and its easy to have thought he was on his way out.

I haven't heard Gasol mentioned or read about him in regard to the Lakers at all this month. It's been all Dwight, Nash, and of course Kobe.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9055769)

It could be worse. He could be Bargnani.

the Talking Can 10-28-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055767)
I also disagree that Harden is not worth what he's asking. Only LeBron, Durant, and Paul had a better win share per 48 minute rate than Harden last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2012.html) While that will likely decline with more playing time and playing more of a primary role rather than a tertiary one, he's a great player. If OKC isn't going to give him the money, somebody else will and they'll reap the benefits of his production.

he's not a #1...his stats don't mean squat to me in the absence of durant and westbrook...they bear the responsibility for that team night in and night out..

we'll find out...

The Bad Guy 10-28-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9055766)
harden isn't a franchise player, that's an excellent trade....OKC found a desperate team and fleeced them...

and harden not wanting to stay on a championship caliber team for 4 mill over the life of the contract is just stupid...have fun failing to meet expectations in houston

being #3 behind durant and westbrook was the sweetest gig in the nba...ego is a terrible thing

Harden's getting a lot more than 4 million over the life. He's going to get a 5 year 80 million dollar deal and play in a state with no state income tax.

the Talking Can 10-28-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9055794)
Harden's getting a lot more than 4 million over the life. He's going to get a 5 year 80 million dollar deal and play in a state with no state income tax.

Quote:

The Thunder offered Harden $55.5 million over four years -- $4.5 million less than the max deal Harden coveted and will get from the Rockets, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.
is all i've seen reported...

anyways, time willl tell....i think okc bent houston over...very smart move by the GM...he made a legit offer, and then maximized harden's value in a trade

-King- 10-28-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9055797)

anyways, time willl tell....i think okc bent houston over...very smart move by the GM...he made a legit offer, and then maximized harden's value in a trade

He'll get a max 80MM deal in Houston.

okcchief 10-28-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9055767)

He's not worth a max contract to OKC. We will find out if he can be the man somewhere. Honestly, even when Thabo went down and they tried to start him he struggled mightily. He had a role he was comfortable in and had the light shinning on KD and Russ. I think it's a bad decision on his part. I have watched every game he's played in the NBA and I love his game, and what he brought to the Thunder, but that number you love so much is about to drop like a rock.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9055790)
he's not a #1...his stats don't mean squat to me in the absence of durant and westbrook...they bear the responsibility for that team night in and night out..

we'll find out...

He's certainly a #1 in Houston. He'd definitely be the #1 for the team that I follow in Toronto. He'd honestly be a #1 in a lot of places...I don't blame him at all for wanting to be paid like a #1 instead of being low-balled by OKC.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9055797)

He'll be getting $25M more out of Houston. Well worth it for him.

KC_Connection 10-28-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9055808)
He's not worth a max contract to OKC. We will find out if he can be the man somewhere. Honestly, even when Thabo went down and they tried to start him he struggled mightily. He had a role he was comfortable in and had the light shinning on KD and Russ. I think it's a bad decision on his part. I have watched every game he's played in the NBA and I love his game, and what he brought to the Thunder, but that number you love so much is about to drop like a rock.

But this wasn't really a decision on his part. He just wanted his market value which is completely understandable for a player in his position. It was a decision on OKC's part to deal him and hinder their championship hopes for this season to get something for him.