ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What would you need to make to live in another city? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269909)

Rain Man 02-11-2013 10:05 AM

So far, I can't find a place cheaper than Tupelo, MS. It's 85.047 percent of my current salary.

Rain Man 02-11-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9393422)
I recently read about cheap housing in Vegas. Also, I saw a House Hunters episode about Vegas and the prices were much more reasonable than I expected.

Vegas had one of the most severe housing corrections in the country a few years ago. They were overbuilding like crazy and the prices tanked unbelievably low. I was even briefly pondering buying a condo there or something and just waiting out the recession, but I figure it'll take too long to recover.

Rain Man 02-11-2013 10:08 AM

Wooster, OH, just beat Tupelo. 84.857 percent of my current salary.

loochy 02-11-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9393425)
Vegas had one of the most severe housing corrections in the country a few years ago. They were overbuilding like crazy and the prices tanked unbelievably low. I was even briefly pondering buying a condo there or something and just waiting out the recession, but I figure it'll take too long to recover.

Lake Mead will be dried up by then

Rain Man 02-11-2013 10:09 AM

Oh. Kalamazoo, Michigan. 83.142 percent of my salary.

Frazod 02-11-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9393422)
I recently read about cheap housing in Vegas. Also, I saw a House Hunters episode about Vegas and the prices were much more reasonable than I expected.

I'd think Vegas would fall under the "Nice place to visit, but..." category. One of my best friends was stationed there (Air Force officer) and absolutely hated it.

Dayze 02-11-2013 10:13 AM

A can of chew was like $7 in Hawaii back in 1998/99. I remember was 1/4 w cheese meal at McDonalds was like 9. **** that

sd4chiefs 02-11-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9393425)

My Son lives in Las Vegas and started looking into buying a house a few months ago. I talked to him this weekend and he said that in the last month houses that were setting on the market for months are now selling in just days.

mr. tegu 02-11-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9393443)
A can of chew was like $7 in Hawaii back in 1998/99. I remember was 1/4 w cheese meal at McDonalds was like 9. **** that

At least in Hawaii you may be paying a lot but I imagine it is actually a really nice place to live. Unlike, crazy prices in parts of NY or CA where it is crazy prices plus a horrible place to live.

BigRedChief 02-11-2013 10:19 AM

I got a big raise but that wasn't the important part. I could never move to a place where I don't want to live for money. Living close to the water and beach was most important. Tired of sliding around on the ice, cold rain, idiots on the road driving when the roads are bad.

Housing is just as cheap as Missouri if you will live 5 minutes from the beach or water. Cost of living is the same. No state tax.

kaplin42 02-11-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9393367)
Interesting.

I'd have to make a lot more in most places since things here in Texas are pretty cheap. I NEVER WANT TO MOVE TO CALI - EVER

I live in LA, not as bad as Diego, and certainly not as bad as Frisco, but still. Looks like I could make 15K less a year and still keep the same quality of life in the city I want to move to.

loochy 02-11-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9393458)
I got a big raise but that wasn't the important part. I could never move to a place where I don't want to live for money. Living close to the water and beach was most important. Tired of sliding around on the ice, cold rain, idiots on the road driving when the roads are bad.

Housing is just as cheap as Missouri if you will live 5 minutes from the beach or water. Cost of living is the same. No state tax.

where?

BigRedChief 02-11-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 9393453)
My Son lives in Las Vegas and started looking into buying a house a few months ago. I talked to him this weekend and he said that in the last month houses that were setting on the market for months are now selling in just days.

Same here in Florida. Market has went up 20% in the last 6 months. We are thinking of buying just to get in before it tops out again.

BigRedChief 02-11-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9393462)
where?

St. Petersburg, Fl.

Molitoth 02-11-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9393434)
I'd think Vegas would fall under the "Nice place to visit, but..." category. One of my best friends was stationed there (Air Force officer) and absolutely hated it.

Yep. My best friend has lived there for the past 7 years and the town is really dwindling.

The constructions jobs have come to a crawl, and in this economy people just aren't coming to Vegas to throw money away like they used to.

Nice getaway, bad place to live. Locals avoid the strip at all costs... just too expensive and too much traffic.