ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Walter Football Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267000)

CaliforniaChief 11-23-2012 11:42 PM

Walter Football Mock Draft

I think I could FAP to this (although I don't agree on the Bowe comment.)

1. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
The Chiefs are terrible. They need to clean house and start over, as the awesome @saveourchiefs Twitter handle will tell you. They have to fire people in the front office, including Scott Pioli, who has done an awful job. They also need to find a franchise quarterback. Thanks to stupid plays, as seen on Monday night at Pittsburgh, they're currently projected to have a very early selection, which means they'll be in position to take Geno Smith.

Smith is now atop the mock again in the wake of Matt Barkley's struggles. Barkley injured his shoulder against UCLA, so his chances of revitalizing his stock are slim.

By the way, I'm doing this live because I thought it'd be fun to get instant feedback. I'm going to post my mock anyway, so why not do it this way? Follow @walterfootball for updates.

34. Robert Woods, WR, USC
Kansas City's new quarterback will need a new receiver if Dwayne Bowe leaves. I wouldn't spend the money on Bowe; he's overrated because he's inconsistent and piles up most of his stats in garbage time. He was responsible for both of Matt Cassel's interceptions against the Ravens.

62. Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU
Glenn Dorsey will be a free agent in March and Tyson Jackson is due more than $14 million next year, so it appears as though their disappointing tenures in Kansas City are coming to an end.

I've seen Tavon Austin slip down to around our 2nd round pick and wouldn't mind him either. Instant chemistry with Geno. Don't know anything about Hunt. I've seen UCLA's TE Fauria in the 3rd round. Thoughts?

mcaj22 11-23-2012 11:45 PM

so they agree that we need d-line, WR, and TE. These are STILL needs, and Pioli has been drafting those 3 positions for FOUR YEARS NOW. And failed at them all lol. Thats what truly sad. To watch him draft Jake O Connell, Tony Moeaki and still realize there is a need at TE. To draft Tyson Jackson, and still need d-line. To draft Jon Baldwin, and still need a talented WR.

evolve27 11-23-2012 11:47 PM

Smith deep to Woods would be good enough for me.

Titty Meat 11-23-2012 11:55 PM

That would be sweet though I prefer Da'Rick Rogers or Davon Austin

J Diddy 11-23-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9145214)
so they agree that we need d-line, WR, and TE. These are STILL needs, and Pioli has been drafting those 3 positions for FOUR YEARS NOW. And failed at them all lol. Thats what truly sad. To watch him draft Jake O Connell, Tony Moeaki and still realize there is a need at TE. To draft Tyson Jackson, and still need d-line. To draft Jon Baldwin, and still need a talented WR.

Defensive line drafts make me want to smack me ****ing head against the wall. No luck there period. Moeaki, not so much. He had a good 1st year and got hurt. I'm of the belief that it's something he can recover from. Baldwin was a novelty pick trying to recreate the attributes of bowe. Problem is Bowe had Tony to learn from, Baldwin had Bowe. Baldwin most likely won't amount to poo.

mcaj22 11-23-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9145234)
Defensive line drafts make me want to smack me ****ing head against the wall. No luck there period. Moeaki, not so much. He had a good 1st year and got hurt. I'm of the belief that it's something he can recover from. Baldwin was a novelty pick trying to recreate the attributes of bowe. Problem is Bowe had Tony to learn from, Baldwin had Bowe. Baldwin most likely won't amount to poo.

but that mock pretty much says with a new QB comes a lot of new parts to help that QB. Essentially saying everything Pioli has done is one big massive fail of talent evaluation lol

RunKC 11-24-2012 12:05 AM

LOL at Tyler Wilson going to taken in the 2nd round

BossChief 11-24-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9145246)
LOL at Tyler Wilson going to taken in the 2nd round

His draft stock will swing up or down a lot depending on how he interviews. He has some serious leadership questions that GMs will drill him on.

Remember, Ryan Mallett dropped to the third round when he was probably a first round talent...now, I don't see Wilson dropping that far, but I don't think its out of the question for him to drop to the end of the first round or even to the beginning of the second.

If he doesn't interview well, he could drop like a rock.

Titty Meat 11-24-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9145260)
His draft stock will swing up or down a lot depending on how he interviews. He has some serious leadership questions that GMs will drill him on.

Remember, Ryan Mallett dropped to the third round when he was probably a first round talent...now, I don't see Wilson dropping that far, but I don't think its out of the question for him to drop to the end of the first round or even to the beginning of the second.

The rumor was Mallett was too hungover and cancelled an interview.

TribalElder 11-24-2012 12:38 AM

Geno to KC

Fawk Yeah

March and April when analysts are looking for the biggest butts to put on defense

http://i.imgur.com/RG055.png

BossChief 11-24-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9145264)

Mallett was hot headed and was rumored to have a coke problem.

When you have kids like that and want to find out what they are like when the bullets are firing, you talk to the coaches and then when you get him in the interview room, you fire bullets. If I were interviewing Wilson, Id try to get in his head and then analyze the tape of the interview.

I think the guy can be easily rattled at the next level, similar to Phillip Rivers.

RunKC 11-24-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

After today, I think Wilson's stock has gone up. He's a different prospect than Mallett. Plus he's not a crackhead.

Mallett was in a deep QB class. This has the potential to be a pretty decent QB class, but Geno is the only sure fire guy IMO who is clearly a better prospect than Wilson.

There's gonna be at least 3 teams in the top 10 that take QB's. Us, the Jags and the Bills. Maybe the Browns and Eagles too.

Right now I think Barkley is the one who could fall to round 2. He's already banished from the top 10 already.

BossChief 11-24-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9145322)
After today, I think Wilson's stock has gone up. He's a different prospect than Mallett. Plus he's not a crackhead.

Mallett was in a deep QB class. This has the potential to be a pretty decent QB class, but Geno is the only sure fire guy IMO who is clearly a better prospect than Wilson.

There's gonna be at least 3 teams in the top 10 that take QB's. Us, the Jags and the Bills. Maybe the Browns and Eagles too.

Right now I think Barkley is the one who could fall to round 2. He's already banished from the top 10 already.

That's just silly. I know that a lot of us "internet scouts" think so, but that doesn't matter to real GMs. If Barkley falls to the Eagles, I bet they take him.

Sorter 11-24-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9145264)

Also, Mallett liked to have a powdered nose.

Not joking in any sense.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 01:44 AM

I like Marquis Lee better than Woods, but he's a soph, though, irregardless, after drafting Baldwin, McCluster, Wylie, Hemingway, etc., they better not draft a wideout in the second next year.

The cornerback position is atrocious.

And depending on what happens to Albert and the progression of Allen in the rest of the season...

If Dave Amerson is there with the second round pick of the Chiefs or, possibly, Barrett Jones (depending on Albert's resigning), and they go wideout, I'm going to be a little pissed off.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 01:46 AM

However, this is all contingent on the Chiefs beating out the Jaguars for the top spot.

If the Jags get it, they could take Smith or trade down to numerous teams and we're once again screwed.

I like Smith as well as any QB in recent memory. If they **** this up, I'm really going to be super duper pissed off.

NJChiefsFan 11-24-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145358)
However, this is all contingent on the Chiefs beating out the Jaguars for the top spot.

If the Jags get it, they could take Smith or trade down to numerous teams and we're once again screwed.

I like Smith as well as any QB in recent memory. If they **** this up, I'm really going to be super duper pissed off.

The good news is the looked semi-decent with Henne and have a bit of a soft schedule coming up. Hopefully Blackmon keeps it going and Parmele helps them along as well. If they beat TEN Sunday and we lose we would basically be 1.5 games ahead with the SOS tiebreaker.

TribalElder 11-24-2012 01:50 AM

Gabbert is currently not playing so the Jags should hopefully get two or more wins

BossChief 11-24-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145358)

they wont.

RunKC 11-24-2012 02:11 AM

I think the Jags will beat the Titans Sunday.

BossChief 11-24-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9145392)
I think the Jags will beat the Titans Sunday.

Me too. Shit, they almost beat the Texans and probably should have.

I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Tennessee by 2 scores.

AussieChiefsFan 11-24-2012 02:35 AM

Geno and Austin would be peffect

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9145424)

We've got Tavon Austin in McCluster.

We're seeing a lot of Austin in watching Geno, but McCluster was crazy explosive at the same stage. Very similar. Probably not as top end fast as Austin, but had a lot of the same traits.

This team needs a goddamn decent QB. The line, if healthy and Asamoah or Allen decide to pull their head out of their asses, is a good line. (Also contingent upon Albert resigning. If Barrett Jones is there in the second and Albert is not resigned, I'd make that pick.)

The skill positions are very good. If they pick Smith, I'm pretty sure they will be able to work out a deal with Bowe versus having to franchise him again. I'd even sign Hillis up again. It's a different game when opposing defenses have to worry about a passing game versus stacking the box with eight, nine guys every play.

AussieChiefsFan 11-24-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145435)

We're seeing a lot of Austin in watching Geno, but McCluster was crazy explosive at the same stage. Very similar. Probably not as top end fast as Austin, but had a lot of the same traits.

This team needs a goddamn decent QB. The line, if healthy and Asamoah or Allen decide to pull their head out of their asses, is a good line. (Also contingent upon Albert resigning. If Barrett Jones is there in the second and Albert is not resigned, I'd make that pick.)

The skill positions are very good. If they pick Smith, I'm pretty sure they will be able to work out a deal with Bowe versus having to franchise him again. I'd even sign Hillis up again. It's a different game when opposing defenses have to worry about a passing game versus stacking the box with eight, nine guys every play.

True. And I dont get all the hate for DMC

NJChiefsFan 11-24-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9145438)

Guys like him depend on accurate QBs. That being said he has lacked an ability to make people miss.

Hammock Parties 11-24-2012 02:57 AM

No way Woods lasts that long.

I'll take Cordarrelle Patterson in the 2nd.

Hammock Parties 11-24-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9145438)

Other than the fact that he doesn't make plays, drops tons of balls at a rate that makes Bowe look like a HOFer, and turns the ball over at an insane rate, he's great. LMAO

RunKC 11-24-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145435)

Geno Smith and Barrett Jones would be ****ing awesome. This year there really looks like there will be some 1st round talent that drops into the late 2nd round.

I wouldn't mind using a later pick (4th or 5th) to trade up a few spots from our 3rd round pick back into round 2 to get a CB like David Amerson or Xavier Rhodes.

1. Geno Smith QB
2. Barrett Jones LG
2. David Amerson CB (trade up)

I would love that.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9145462)
Other than the fact that he doesn't make plays, drops tons of balls at a rate that makes Bowe look like a HOFer, and turns the ball over at an insane rate, he's great. LMAO

Cassel has made everyone on that offense look like shit other than Charles. (And as such, how ****ing good would he be with the pressure off his ass.) Our receivers lead the league in dropped balls all the ****ing time. Why? Probably because Cassel throws some of the most awkward shit balls of all time. It's why guys like Geno Smith have great completion percentages and guys playing with Cassel drop everything in sight.

Cassel hangs dudes up, even on screen passes. Of course guys drop shit because they are worried about being decapitated every goddamn pass from that pile of monkey shit.

Hammock Parties 11-24-2012 03:07 AM

Dex drops WELL-THROWN balls because he sucks. Every ball he has dropped this year has been well thrown.

And of course when the ball is in his hands he sucks too. No big plays. And turnovers galore.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9145469)
Geno Smith and Barrett Jones would be ****ing awesome. This year there really looks like there will be some 1st round talent that drops into the late 2nd round.

I wouldn't mind using a later pick (4th or 5th) to trade up a few spots from our 3rd round pick back into round 2 to get a CB like David Amerson or Xavier Rhodes.

1. Geno Smith QB
2. Barrett Jones LG
2. David Amerson CB (trade up)

I would love that.

Yeah...nice.

Although, spending another pick on the offensive line would piss me off unless Albert isn't resigned. Jones was the Outland Trophy winner at left tackle last year and that might be his best position at the next level.

007 11-24-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9145475)
Dex drops WELL-THROWN balls because he sucks. Every ball he has dropped this year has been well thrown.

And of course when the ball is in his hands he sucks too. No big plays. And turnovers galore.

I can think of one that was NOT well thrown and almost broke his arm.

AussieChiefsFan 11-24-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9145486)

This!!!

007 11-24-2012 03:18 AM

You know, I really wish I cared enough about college football to know more about these players. I have just never been able to get into NCAA football.

Hammock Parties 11-24-2012 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9145486)

He caught that one. :LOL:

RunKC 11-24-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145480)
Yeah...nice.

Although, spending another pick on the offensive line would piss me off unless Albert isn't resigned. Jones was the Outland Trophy winner at left tackle last year and that might be his best position at the next level.

Hopefully Albert stays.

Either way, I think we have no choice but to draft a G in the 2nd or 3rd round.

The FA options don't look very good.

Rich Ohrnberger – ARI
Garrett Reynolds – ATL
Chad Rinehart – BUF – (RFA)
Kraig Urbik – BUF – (RFA)
Andy Levitre – BUF
Mike Pollak – CAR
Lance Louis – CHI
Chilo Rachal – CHI
Derrick Dockery – DAL
Evan Dietrich-Smith – GB
Antoine Caldwell – HOU
Seth Olsen – IND – (RFA)
Joe Reitz – IND – (RFA)
Tony Hills – IND
Steve Vallos – JAC
Bryan Mattison – KC – (RFA)
Russ Hochstein – KC
Ryan Lilja – KC
Nate Garner – MIA
Jamey Richard – NE
Donald Thomas – NE
Brian Waters – NE
Kevin Boothe – NYG
Brandon Moore – NYJ
Matt Slauson – NYJ
Alex Parsons – OAK – (Ex)
Cooper Carlisle – OAK
Ramon Foster – PIT
Doug Legursky – PIT
Tyronne Green – SD
Rex Hadnot – SD
Louis Vasquez – SD
Leonard Davis – SF
Chris Williams – STL
Kevin Matthews – TEN – (RFA)
Kyle DeVan – TEN
Leroy Harris – TEN
Deuce Lutui – TEN
Kory Lichtensteiger – WAS

AussieChiefsFan 11-24-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9145501)

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...s/unamused.gif

Hammock Parties 11-24-2012 03:59 AM

We are fine at guard if Allen progresses or Lilja maintains his level of play.

Saccopoo 11-24-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9145508)

Two big if's.

RunKC 11-24-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9145508)

Allen is horrible. He's gotten his ass kicked several times. I believe you posted that he was rated as one of the worst G's in the league once?
Lilja is okay at C. Meh.

And idk how Rodney Hudson will do next year. Berry and Moeaki have taught us that we shouldn't think that a player will automatically come back from an injury and be as good the next year, or at least for a lot of the initial first year back.

I'm just tired of our OL getting their asses kicked by the Raiders every year. The Bills did the same thing. As will the Broncos. OL is far from complete.

BossChief 11-24-2012 05:25 AM

Allen was a tackle in college and is just now starting to look like a guard. His technique is starting to come along nicely. It takes time to learn how to carry yourself on the inside versus the outside, especially when you are going from the bi ten to the NFL. I bet his grades over the last couple weeks have been much better and that he will really come into his own next year. The kid is gonna be a stud. He and Asamoah are both gonna be long time effective starters for us.

Lets just hope that Hudson comes back and locks down the center spot.

007 11-24-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9145501)

shit. Thats true. And also fumbled.

AussieChiefsFan 11-24-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9145533)
shit. Thats true. And also fumbled.

A lot of players would have fumbled after bending their arm that way. Anyway he shoulda been ruled down.

007 11-24-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9145548)
A lot of players would have fumbled after bending their arm that way. Anyway he shoulda been ruled down.

Didn't mean it that way. Was just stating that the play ended in a fumble.

AussieChiefsFan 11-24-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9145554)
Didn't mean it that way. Was just stating that the play ended in a fumble.

Alright

BoneKrusher 11-24-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9145424)

This

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2012 08:04 AM

**** this reerun and his Bowe comment.

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 08:20 AM

Wow, people outside of KC think Bowe is overrated? Imagine that...

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9145608)
Wow, people outside of KC think Bowe is overrated? Imagine that...

Did you **** your entire family while you were off, or just your daddy?

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2012 08:57 AM

People outside of KC think Cassel is a good QB.

mcaj22 11-24-2012 09:03 AM

to the guys talking about o-line and drafting another guard because Lilja is a brokedick and Jeff Allen is a potential Pioli bust (seriously this dude is ****ing awful)

WHY not draft a true center, and move Hudson to guard? You know what they should have done to begin with?

Albert (or we're ****ed)-Hudson-Rookie Center-Asamoah-Winston

that looks a lot better no?

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 09:09 AM

Because it's a bad center class. There isn't one that looks like they could come in and start.

Also, Hunt would be an awesome pick and I have him in my mock. I was hoping to get him later than the 3rd though...

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2012 09:13 AM

Pioli is such a ****ing moron.

Why didn't he take Konz?

Chief Roundup 11-24-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Link. Never heard any questions about his leadership.

RealSNR 11-24-2012 09:45 AM

Terrible center and QB class.

Only good players available in this draft at ALL are the punters and ILBs.

To get maximum value we should stock up three-fold on both those spots.

/Blackbob

Woodchuck 11-24-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Wilson is far and away the best leader among the QBs. It's so well known it's without question. I imagine you took some quotes from an article you read that cited his comments after the Alabama game. Have you watched the interview? He will be commended for his leadership this year. Is there another QB who has faced as much adversity?

Like you, I do hope he drops. In my latest mock, I have us trading with New Orleans to move to #17 (just ahead of Dallas) and taking him. However, I am just going with the flow in that mock. Part of me really thinks he will be the first QB taken. He is definately the most well rounded of the three.

milkman 11-24-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9145474)
Cassel has made everyone on that offense look like shit other than Charles. (And as such, how ****ing good would he be with the pressure off his ass.) Our receivers lead the league in dropped balls all the ****ing time. Why? Probably because Cassel throws some of the most awkward shit balls of all time. It's why guys like Geno Smith have great completion percentages and guys playing with Cassel drop everything in sight.

Cassel hangs dudes up, even on screen passes. Of course guys drop shit because they are worried about being decapitated every goddamn pass from that pile of monkey shit.

I've said this before, but I think the biggest reason drops is timing.

QBs that deliver the ball on time have fewer drop issues with their receivers.

Priest31kc 11-24-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145834)

Like Clay said earlier this year...

An inaccurate QB will have more drops by his receivers than an accurate QB...It's science.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 01:00 PM

http://i.qkme.me/3qr81t.jpg

gonefishin53 11-24-2012 01:03 PM

Difficult to mock for the Chiefs not knowing who the GM or coaching staff will be or what offensive and defensive systems will be used. Having said that, I like:

1. Geno Smitn, QB, West Virginia
2. Matt Elam, SS, Florida
3. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech

from those players available in Walt's latest mock.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonefishin53 (Post 9146108)
Difficult to mock for the Chiefs not knowing who the GM or coaching staff will be or what offensive and defensive systems will be used. Having said that, I like:

1. Geno Smitn, QB, West Virginia
2. Matt Elam, SS, Florida
3. Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech

from those players available in Walt's latest mock.

Are we moving Berry to FS?

notorious 11-24-2012 01:05 PM

We need to surround our current QB's with better talent.

gonefishin53 11-24-2012 01:19 PM

Maybe let the opposing QB worry about who is SS or FS pre snap. I think both are capable of playing either.

RippedmyFlesh 11-24-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9145834)

Even on completions when Bowe has to make a great play a better thrown ball hits him in stride and turns into a bigger play.
I agree it's timing they are throwing to a spot not a person.
But on deep balls it's having a great arm that allows you to put a nice touch on a 40 yarder. That is why Geno is the only option.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9146110)
We need to surround our current QB's with better talent.

It's all on Bowe, really. No talent and likes to show off. Not "Right 53" material, that man.

TribalElder 11-24-2012 02:32 PM

"Geno to Bowe on a deep crossing pattern for a 80 yard touchdown pass on the first play from scrimmage. Touchdown! Kan Saaas Citaayyy."

I wouldn't mind hearing Mitch say that next year

notorious 11-24-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9146280)
It's all on Bowe, really. No talent and likes to show off. Not "Right 53" material, that man.

We need to just release Bowe since nobody will want to trade for a player with attitude problems.

Draft a RG at #1, trade back into the first by using next years 1st rounder to grab a CB.

We can use this year's 3rd and next year's 2nd to trade for a proven QB like Matt Moore or Matt Hasselbeck.

Baldwin will explode and McCluster will be unstoppable with a proven vet feeding them the ball.

Guaranteed playoff apperance.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9146292)
We need to just release Bowe since nobody will want to trade for a player with attitude problems.

Draft a RG at #1, trade back into the first by using next years 1st rounder to grab a CB.

We can use this year's 3rd and next year's 2nd to trade for a proven QB like Matt Moore or Matt Hasselbeck.

Baldwin will explode and McCluster will be unstoppable with a proven vet feeding them the ball.

Guaranteed playoff apperance.

Dorsey needs to go as well. Pioli didn't draft him, so therefore he is not valid. Why can't our man T-Jack inspire him more? They played together at LSU after all. You know, what we REALLY need is more talent from Kirk Ferentz and possibly some more players from LSU.

notorious 11-24-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9146298)
You know, what we REALLY need is more talent from Kirk Ferentz and possibly some more players from LSU.

We not only got lucky once with an excellent LSU Dlineman, but we found gold twice. Do you really think that we can hit once again?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9146322)
We not only got lucky once with an excellent LSU Dlineman, but we found gold twice. Do you really think that we can hit once again?

The football gods definitely favor LSU and Iowa when it comes to picking talent, who are we to argue?

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:57 PM

I'm confident that our NEXT 1st round 5-tec will be the one to help us clench the division and ride deep in to January.

KCrockaholic 11-26-2012 01:03 AM

After Geno, I would do just about anything possible to also get Tavon Austin. He's like a Percy Harvin clone that is about 2 inches shorter.

AussieChiefsFan 11-26-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9153035)
After Geno, I would do just about anything possible to also get Tavon Austin. He's like a Percy Harvin clone that is about 2 inches shorter.

And comes with chemistry!

htismaqe 11-26-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9146334)
The football gods definitely favor LSU and Iowa when it comes to picking talent, who are we to argue?

Just because Scott Pioli is a ****ing dick, don't hate on the Hawkeyes! ;)

There's some decent offensive and defensive linemen in this league that came from Iowa...

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-28-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9153268)
Just because Scott Pioli is a ****ing dick, don't hate on the Hawkeyes! ;)

There's some decent offensive and defensive linemen in this league that came from Iowa...

LMAO Aaaaaaaaaaaand bait...taken!

suds79 11-28-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9153035)

I know CB is our next biggest need after QB but man Tavon Austin is just another level of special.

He has that Dante Hall ability to make guys miss. And is faster too.

I could see him having a DeSean Jackson like career.

PhillyChiefFan 11-28-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9158930)
I know CB is our next biggest need after QB but man Tavon Austin is just another level of special.

He had that Dante Hall ability to make guys miss. And is faster too.

With the offensive production the Chiefs have had this year, I'd be all for it.

CB is a huge priority since Carr is gone (F*** you Pioli) but Austin is like a Torrey Smith type player, who can stretch the field and open the playbook for a QB with an arm.

htismaqe 11-28-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyChiefFan (Post 9158943)
With the offensive production the Chiefs have had this year, I'd be all for it.

CB is a huge priority since Carr is gone (F*** you Pioli) but Austin is like a Torrey Smith type player, who can stretch the field and open the playbook for a QB with an arm.

I actually thought Arenas looked serviceable against Denver. I think the guy needs more game reps.

Bottom line is the defense is holding some pretty good offenses in check. If we could manage even 6 more points a game, we'd be close to a .500 record.

We need offense, offense, and more offense.

The Franchise 11-28-2012 10:32 AM

Walter did another one yesterday.

1. Geno Smith
2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
3. Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

ModSocks 11-28-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9158930)

He has that Dante Hall ability to make guys miss. And is faster too.

When i see Tavon Austin play i think of Percy Harvin. I'd take him in a heart beat if he's still sitting there in the 2nd round. Dude is a playmaker.