ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The "IF no QB with the 1st pick" poll (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269836)

el borracho 02-08-2013 07:30 PM

No QB in the 1st? I won't bother watching if the Chiefs don't come up with a reasonable solution at the QB position.

RealSNR 02-08-2013 07:36 PM

I mean, just think of the options if we let Albert walk. We could draft competition for Stephenson in the 2nd rounds and later. We could sign one of these high profile free agent tackles that are set to hit the market. We could move players around on the line (ex. play Jeff Allen at tackle, his natural position in college). We could just say, "We're not going to build this team up all in one offseason" and wait until next year to take a tackle in the draft. After all, that's a line true fans like to use. How about we live by that line and give them a taste of their own medicine?

There are TONS of good ideas to replace Albert that don't involve pissing away the #1 ****ing overall pick on reeruned ****ing Luke ****ing Joeckel

TribalElder 02-08-2013 07:50 PM

No QB? Refund Please

Ebolapox 02-08-2013 07:51 PM

did ****ing hotcarl just seriously compare luke goddamned joekel to willie ****ing roaf? jesus titty**** MOTHER****ing christ on a pogo stick.

:shake:

milkman 02-08-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9387593)
Why do you think it's become obvious that a QB will not be taken #1?

Because Frankie is a dipshit true fan afraid to take a QB unless Mel Kiper tells him that he's a sure thing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-08-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9388111)
A cornerstone left tackle will help make any quarterback we find ourselves with look good. Acquire a hall of famer like Willie Roaf, and all of a sudden Trent Green becomes Trent Green. Mmmm

"mmmm" my motherfuking ass. This post has succintly summmed up everything i hate about Chiefs fans and thier love of goddamned linemen.
Posted via Mobile Device

HolyHat 02-08-2013 11:45 PM

Dee Milliner

007 02-09-2013 01:23 AM

Only a true fan would want to vote in this poll. heh

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 02:18 AM

Honestly, I truly hope that we don't draft a QB this year. There isn't a good one out there. The fact that Alex Smith is by far the best option at the position is just sad. Brandon Albert simply isn't a bookend LT like Reid's system requires. He'd be fine as a guard, but he's already publicly stated that he doesn't want to move back to guard. In my opinion, Albert is out. And that makes Joeckel the most logical choice. Geno Smith is a project at best. And frankly, you don't take projects with the number 1 pick. The Raiders made that mistake with JaMarcus Russell.

It doesn't matter who the QB is, if you don't have a good offensive line, you cannot win. Plain and simple. Just ask the Bears. And the Cardinals. And the Chargers. And the Eagles. The Super Bowl this season was evidence of that as well. Both teams had fantastic offensive lines.

stevieray 02-09-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9387568)
i don't know, man...i really think they need to take a qb.
sec

if they don't take a qb, it's going to be real hard to give a damn.

TribalElder 02-09-2013 02:20 AM

LOL

http://static.jackinthebox.com/promo...k-rock-god.gif

Imon Yourside 02-09-2013 02:21 AM

Dayne Crist, yup.

KCrockaholic 02-09-2013 02:22 AM

This is why I hate our stupid fanbase.

007 02-09-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388810)
Honestly, I truly hope that we don't draft a QB this year. There isn't a good one out there. The fact that Alex Smith is by far the best option at the position is just sad. Brandon Albert simply isn't a bookend LT like Reid's system requires. He'd be fine as a guard, but he's already publicly stated that he doesn't want to move back to guard. In my opinion, Albert is out. And that makes Joeckel the most logical choice. Geno Smith is a project at best. And frankly, you don't take projects with the number 1 pick. The Raiders made that mistake with JaMarcus Russell.

It doesn't matter who the QB is, if you don't have a good offensive line, you cannot win. Plain and simple. Just ask the Bears. And the Cardinals. And the Chargers. And the Eagles. The Super Bowl this season was evidence of that as well. Both teams had fantastic offensive lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9388815)
This is why I hate our stupid fanbase.

yep :facepalm:

KCrockaholic 02-09-2013 02:30 AM

Probably another 2AM troll attempt anyways. At least I hope so.

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 02:32 AM

Explain to me how I'm wrong?

Imon Yourside 02-09-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388822)
Explain to me how I'm wrong?

It's easier to explain how you're wrong, so let me get that out of the way. :YOU ARE TROLL WRONG DUDE, TROLL WRONG!

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 02:35 AM

Not a troll. I absolutely hate this year's QB class. I will agree that Geno Smith is the best of them, but that's not saying much. Geno Smith is just a Colt Brennan who played in a real conference. And not even a good real confrence

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 02:44 AM

YOU GOTTA PAY THE TROLL TOLL TO GET INTO THIS BOY'S SOUL
YOU GOTTA PAY THE TROLL TOLL TONIGHT

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 02:46 AM

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4c...troll_toll.jpg

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 03:00 AM

I'm being absolutely serious. If someone could please show me something that I haven't seen in my own study of Geno Smith, please tell me. All I have seen is terrible footwork, and him hitting guys who were wide open. Honestly, he looked alot like the QB at the school where I coach at. All he did was benefit from a system. Never in his college career did he play in a system even remotely close to the West Coast that Reid runs. In fact, the Air Raid has never produced a Pro Bowl caliber QB. And the only QB out of the system who was taken 1st overall was TIM COUCH. Excuse me for not wanting that...

kcxiv 02-09-2013 03:25 AM

Alex Smith will not take the CHIEFS ANYWHERE! If i recall correctly he came from a spread offense as well.

At least with Geno SMith there is some ****ing excitement, hell even Wilson or Barkley. If not, its just going to be another ****ing lame boring 6-10 record or something close give or take a few ****ing wins. AT least with a new QB that record will be with some kind of excitement!

The Chiefs need to do ****ing something to keep the fan base interested. Hell,t his is the first year since i been watching football weekly since 1982 that i was not excited for football sundays! i never thought that day would come.

When your turning the TV to see HOW much your team loses by and not expecting a win, its bad.

Ebolapox 02-09-2013 03:25 AM

all of that has been COMPLETELY debunked if you actually give a shit. do a search for 'GENO SMITH,' it's not like there's an actual 'OFFICIAL GENO SMITH THREAD' on the front page.

otherwise, yes--you are a ****ing troll

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 03:39 AM

@FruitNinja, I agree with you. We have to do something. But I don't think that should mean that we reach for a 2nd round talent with the first overall pick. Frankly, the only option I like at QB right now isn't even an option; that being praying to the football gods that the Bears don't resign Cutler. And even then, that's a pretty terrible scenario. The fact is that the QB class for the next couple of years is god-awful. In an average year, every QB in first round contention this year would be a 3rd rounder at best. In all honesty, I don't think there's anyway we don't draft a QB in the first 2 rounds. I would just rather do something like the Bengals did and get the better player in the first, and then take the best available QB in the second.

@Ebolapox, I've been through about 20 pages of the draft Geno thread, and found nothing useful. And I have done my research on Geno Smith. And I wasn't impressed. He looked like Colt Brennan to me. He plays in a system that throws the ball on 75% of its snaps, and many of those are high percentage throws like hitches and screens. I just haven't seen anything on the kid that has sold me on him as the number 1 pick

AdumbGuy 02-09-2013 03:51 AM

If we're not taking a QB, I want to draft the highest rated punter. With all the punting we're going to be doing, Colquitt will get tired.

AussieChiefsFan 02-09-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9388854)
If we're not taking a QB, I want to draft the highest rated punter. With all the punting we're going to be doing, Colquitt will get tired.

Brad Wing!!!!!!!!!!!

RealSNR 02-09-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388840)
I'm being absolutely serious. If someone could please show me something that I haven't seen in my own study of Geno Smith, please tell me. All I have seen is terrible footwork, and him hitting guys who were wide open. Honestly, he looked alot like the QB at the school where I coach at. All he did was benefit from a system. Never in his college career did he play in a system even remotely close to the West Coast that Reid runs. In fact, the Air Raid has never produced a Pro Bowl caliber QB. And the only QB out of the system who was taken 1st overall was TIM COUCH. Excuse me for not wanting that...

Okay. Get a saw and cut open your head so I can get inside and find out what you're not seeing.

That's a messy process, so go ahead and start without me. I'll be by real soon, don't worry

KCDC 02-09-2013 04:25 AM

I am becoming convinced that we are attracting Jaguar and Raiders fan trolls here trying to convince us to pass on Geno so that their teams can grab him.

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9388859)
Okay. Get a saw and cut open your head so I can get inside and find out what you're not seeing.

That's a messy process, so go ahead and start without me. I'll be by real soon, don't worry

How about you tell me what you ARE seeing? That's all I'm asking. But thus far, it seems that no one is able to tell me anything. All I've gotten is insults and other blabber

RealSNR 02-09-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388862)
How about you tell me what you ARE seeing? That's all I'm asking. But thus far, it seems that no one is able to tell me anything. All I've gotten is insults and other blabber

No. I'm not playing that ****ing game. Every time somebody like you comes along, it starts out nice with, "Geno Smith has a lightning quick release combined with excellent pocket presence, the two 100% necessary things to any great NFL QB." Then the other guy says, "See, I'm just not seeing it that way. K State Pinstripe two safeties never smiles diarrhea diarrhea."

You are beyond help if you think all of these QBs have a THIRD ROUND GRADE???? in "normal" draft classes. Really? You think Geno Smith is a 3rd round QB in 2011? 2010? You would rather draft Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow than Geno Smith? Are you for real for real? 2008? 2009? Those were shitty ****ing shallow QB classes. One or two guys and then cum in your face. 2007? 2006?

Even take 2012. After Luck and RGIII you're going to tell me that Ryan Tannehill looked more impressive in college than Geno Smith? Ryan Tannehill was the most boring top 10 QB to be drafted that I've ever seen. Brandon Weeden? BROCK OSWEILER? You'd rather have Osweiler than Geno?

That's why I want you to go first. I refuse to waste time typing out a long-winded argument FOR Geno when you're just going to shit on it with the usual replies.

Check out all the resources I mentioned in the OP of the Geno Smith thread. I see a QB with the foundation and the competitive nature it takes to be successful in the league, especially with a QB coach like Andy Reid. That's fine if you don't think that, but don't just come in here like every other dumb ass n00b Geno hater has and expect to be entertained and swept off your feet with nice, polite, informative posts that have the same information mentioned 20,000 times already.

Get it?

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 04:42 AM

If someone could please show me how Smith fits in to the West Coast, I would really appreciate it. What I see out of Geno Smith is a strong arm and playmaking ability, but I don't see him putting the ball in tight windows, and I don't see great technique, especially when it comes to his feet. He can be skittish in the pocket. And like I said earlier, his stat line is basically irrelevant because of the system he comes out of

RealSNR 02-09-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388867)
but I don't see him putting the ball in tight windows, and I don't see great technique... He can be skittish in the pocket.

See, I can't help somebody who is ****ing blind when it comes to this shit.

You're wrong and suck at watching football if you believe the stuff I outlined in your quoted post. Tell me why you think those things and maybe if I'm in a nice mood I'll engage you in the type of debate you're looking for. Until then, the answer is no. All I can say is your opinion is wrong.

007 02-09-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388862)

There is an entire thread devoted to that. We are not going to rehash all that shit here just because some n00b demands it. JFC

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9388866)
No. I'm not playing that ****ing game. Every time somebody like you comes along, it starts out nice with, "Geno Smith has a lightning quick release combined with excellent pocket presence, the two 100% necessary things to any great NFL QB." Then the other guy says, "See, I'm just not seeing it that way. K State Pinstripe two safeties never smiles diarrhea diarrhea."

You are beyond help if you think all of these QBs have a THIRD ROUND GRADE???? in "normal" draft classes. Really? You think Geno Smith is a 3rd round QB in 2011? 2010? You would rather draft Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow than Geno Smith? Are you for real for real? 2008? 2009? Those were shitty ****ing shallow QB classes. One or two guys and then cum in your face. 2007? 2006?

Even take 2012. After Luck and RGIII you're going to tell me that Ryan Tannehill looked more impressive in college than Geno Smith? Ryan Tannehill was the most boring top 10 QB to be drafted that I've ever seen. Brandon Weeden? BROCK OSWEILER? You'd rather have Osweiler than Geno?

That's why I want you to go first. I refuse to waste time typing out a long-winded argument FOR Geno when you're just going to shit on it with the usual replies.

Check out all the resources I mentioned in the OP of the Geno Smith thread. I see a QB with the foundation and the competitive nature it takes to be successful in the league, especially with a QB coach like Andy Reid. That's fine if you don't think that, but don't just come in here like every other dumb ass n00b Geno hater has and expect to be entertained and swept off your feet with nice, polite, informative posts that have the same information mentioned 20,000 times already.

Get it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9388868)
See, I can't help somebody who is ****ing blind when it comes to this shit.

You're wrong and suck at watching football if you believe the stuff I outlined in your quoted post. Tell me why you think those things and maybe if I'm in a nice mood I'll engage you in the type of debate you're looking for. Until then, the answer is no. All I can say is your opinion is wrong.

A) I would not have drafted a QB as highly as alot of teams did in several of the years you mentioned. I sure as hell never would have taken Tim Tebow, Colt McCoy, or any other spread/veer QB for a West Coast system. Tannehill I wouldn't have taken until the late third at the earliest. I never would have drafted Cam Newton at 100, let alone 1. I'm also extremely picky with my QBs. If a QB isn't at least as smart, if not smarter than I his offensive coordinator, I don't consider him to be the best option. In fact, there are only 3 QBs in the league that I would even come close to considering at 1 overall.

B) I personally don't feel like the QB position should be valued as highly as it is. I'm a big believer in building teams from the trenches out. Any QB can succeed if he has 5 seconds to throw the ball and a strong running game. Case in point, Kyle Orton.

C) I'm not denying the kid has talent. I just don't think that he is a day 1 starter. And that's what this team needs desperately. I think that he needs time to adjust to both the center/QB exchange and getting reads from under center, where the view is much more limited. I also don't like that on several of the dropbacks in that video from the OP of the Geno thread, I see a wind up. The ball should never drop below his shoulder, which it does on about 30% of the throws in the first few minutes. Also, I have issues with the fact that Smith rarely took more than a 1 step drop. There isn't much showing a 3, 5, or 7 step drop like he will be routinely asked to do in the West Coast system.

D) I'm not denying that he can hit a mostly open receiver. What I doubt is the throws into double coverage and into the sideline against high quality CBs. I haven't seen that kind of ability. Not saying he doesn't have it, I just haven't seen it.

E) I don't know what kind of head the kid has on his shoulders. I don't know how smart he is, football and otherwise. I don't know if he can hold up in tough situations (mentioned in the interview posted in the draft Geno thread), and I don't know if he can succeed in adverse conditions. I also don't know how well this kid can handle adversity.

Basically what I'm saying is that there are alot of things that we as fans can't know about this kid to be 95% certain that he will succeed in the NFL, and more specifically in the West Coast offense. And I don't like picking unknown quantities. If I were building a franchise, I would be painfully conservative. I understand its not the "modern" way of doing things, but its been working for the past 92 years.

007 02-09-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388872)
A) It's too risky

FYP

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 05:46 AM

Guru, that was a response to SNR's 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. Had no bearing on the actual Geno argument. Risk has nothing to do with it. Get with the program bro

007 02-09-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388876)
Guru, that was a response to SNR's 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. Had no bearing on the actual Geno argument. Risk has nothing to do with it. Get with the program bro

No that was a response to the whole damn thing. I suppose you think we should just stick with Cassel too because there are just no QBs worth a damn in the draft. We have the number one pick. Deal with it. If we trade back and still get a QB fine. If we trade back too far and don't get a single decent QB then we are still in the same shit we always are. But yes, lets build that line up like we do almost every damn year and continue to have nothing to show for it because we don't have a damn QB worth a shit.

Same story different year. Play it safe in the draft and ignore the real problem.

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 06:06 AM

Like I said earlier, I think we should take the sure thing at 1.1. Be that Joeckel or Milliner, I honestly don't care. There's a need at both spots (assuming Albert is gone. But that's another story). We take our QB at 2.2, where there will still be alot of good players available. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if even Smith were still available. The only QB needy teams in the top 10 all have more pressing needs (Raiders-DL, Eagles-OL, Cards-OL, Bills-LB/WR), and past that, there aren't really any teams that desperately need a QB. The only question mark really is the Jags at 1.2/2.1. Its safer, but it also will probably have the better end result

007 02-09-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388879)
Like I said earlier, I think we should take the sure thing at 1.1. Be that Joeckel or Milliner, I honestly don't care. There's a need at both spots (assuming Albert is gone. But that's another story). We take our QB at 2.2, where there will still be alot of good players available. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if even Smith were still available. The only QB needy teams in the top 10 all have more pressing needs (Raiders-DL, Eagles-OL, Cards-OL, Bills-LB/WR), and past that, there aren't really any teams that desperately need a QB. The only question mark really is the Jags at 1.2/2.1. Its safer, but it also will probably have the better end result

Well, all I can say is probably about 90% of CP disagrees with you that there will be any of the top 4 QBs left when our second pick arrives.

chiefsfan_91 02-09-2013 06:26 AM

Who is gonna take them? The Jets are stuck with Sanchez for one more year because of his contract, the Eagles must draft OL if their offense wants to go anywhere, the Raiders are A) still scared from the Russell shitstorm and B) really need to improve their defense, the Bills might, the Jags might. And it doesn't matter whose behind center in Arizona if they don't have anyone who can block. And Bruce Arians knows that. The Browns literally just used a 1 on a QB, and everyone else is fairly set at the QB spot. I see at most 2 being taken in the first, but I seriously think that most teams will wait. We might have to jump up to 28-31 to get our guy if the Jags pass at 1.2, but I don't think we'll need to. But that's apparantly just me

Chiefs=Champions 02-09-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388886)
the Eagles must draft OL if their offense wants to go anywhere.

What a stupid thing to say. They have multiple players returning from injury including a top 5 LT. And even so, just because you have a weakness doesn't mean you must take a player to cover it, you have several rounds and free agency to address it! So they should pick a guard that high? there is no way they take a LT, so what else do you suggest they do to improve their line? You DO NOT take guards or centers that high in the draft. That is just ****ing madness.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388879)

This is soooooo ****ing stupid of a thing to say. You dumb sumbitches, just because a guy isn't a QB doesn't mean he is a "sure thing". It's the same shit spewed about guys like Gallery and Curry...yeah awesome super safe sure things.

007 02-09-2013 06:47 AM

The thing about the draft is everyone is a crapshoot.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-09-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9388894)
The thing about the draft is everyone is a crapshoot.

Exactly. But, the true fans and talking heads alike act like every position other than QB is a super safe "sure thing" that's a guarendamtee All Pro.

007 02-09-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9388896)
Exactly. But, the true fans and talking heads alike act like every position other than QB is a super safe "sure thing" that's a guarendamtee All Pro.

Yep, that was my point in round about kind of way.

prhom 02-09-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9388810)

So why is it such a big deal for the Ravens to keep Flacco? By this logic, they should be talking about how to keep Bryant McKinnie, and where they are going to find his heir-apparent in the draft. Also, I think we should aspire to more than just "winning" like the Eagles, Chargers, Cards, and Bears did this year. Take that LT and maybe we will win 8 games next year, print 'em!

wazu 02-09-2013 07:48 AM

Where is the "Fire John Dorsey" option?

milkman 02-09-2013 08:05 AM

Chiefsfan91 is ****ing moron.

The Pack won SB with Crap O line.
The Giants won SB with a mediocre line.

Tell us how Geno has never played under center.

Frankie 02-09-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9388036)
Damontre Moore and then trade a 4th round pick to move back into the 20-25 range and select Nassib/Wilson/Barkley.

I can live with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9388038)
I refuse to vote in idiot poll. No QB no vote.

If you read the topic, QB has not been ignored in this scenario.

Man, some of you guys have gone bat shit religious on Geno! :eek:

Frankie 02-09-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9388054)
A week ago I said it might be DT Star, now I am going with LT Joeckel because listening to Brandon albert whine on the radio last week struck me as, well, a guy that wasn't happy with what he was told by the new staff and is on his why out.

If Albert is gone the Chiefs might strongly pursue Long or Clady, depending on their health and how cash strapped their respective teams are. Not saying it is the absolute case, but it could be one avenue in replacing Albert. Me? If Albert's back is not chronic then I want him back.

Frankie 02-09-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9388439)
Because Frankie is a dipshit true fan afraid to take a QB unless Mel Kiper tells him that he's a sure thing.

There goes the little dog yapping again. I have NEVER said I am AGAINST taking a QB at the top, moron. I'm apprehensive of it pending the combine. If geno comes up and shits his pants in the interviews and posts ordinary marks I wouldn't want him with my top pick. His college stats alone (seemingly divine in your mind) is not enough. But that wait and see assessment goes for all of the other top pick candidates.

This is the first time in the four decades I have been a Chiefs fan that we have the top pick. If we want to never have it again we should be very careful on this one.

KCrockaholic 02-09-2013 10:31 AM

This went about as well as I expected.

patteeu 02-09-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9388111)
A cornerstone left tackle will help make any quarterback we find ourselves with look good. Acquire a hall of famer like Willie Roaf, and all of a sudden Trent Green becomes Trent Green. Mmmm

Indeed. Matt Cassel might even flourish with a Willie Roaf, although I'm not in favor of the Chiefs experimenting with a Cassel/Joeckel combo.

O.city 02-09-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9389084)
There goes the little dog yapping again. I have NEVER said I am AGAINST taking a QB at the top, moron. I'm apprehensive of it pending the combine. If geno comes up and shits his pants in the interviews and posts ordinary marks I wouldn't want him with my top pick. His college stats alone (seemingly divine in your mind) is not enough. But that wait and see assessment goes for all of the other top pick candidates.

This is the first time in the four decades I have been a Chiefs fan that we have the top pick. If we want to never have it again we should be very careful on this one.

Yeah, and taking a position other than QB gives us a better chance of having it again.

The 3 teams of the last 15 that didn't take a QB at 1, said player didn't even sign their second contract with that team.

Anyway, to play this "game" I'll take Milliner I suppose.

milkman 02-09-2013 10:38 AM

I don't give a rat's ass about Geno's stats.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what most of his numbers are.

I come to my opion by actually watching games, having seen all but 2 from this past season.

I'm not some mindless moron that parrots the opinion of some drooling idiot with big hair, like you do.

And it's the same god damn thing with you every year.
It isn't just Geno this year.

Every ****ing year you tell us that the available QBs can't be taken in our spot.
It's aloways some bullshit excuse why itks too much of a risk.

O.city 02-09-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389095)
Indeed. Matt Cassel might even flourish with a Willie Roaf, although I'm not in favor of the Chiefs experimenting with a Cassel/Joeckel combo.

So Joeckel is a hall of famer in the making huh? Me thinks you been listening to the talking heads a little too much.

DeezNutz 02-09-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9389084)
If we want to never have it again we should be very careful on this one.

Yep. Franchise LT will help avoid this situation again.

O.city 02-09-2013 10:40 AM

The Browns took a franchise LT early and he's probably the best LT in the game. What pick do they have again this year?

Frankie 02-09-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9388860)
I am becoming convinced that we are attracting Jaguar and Raiders fan trolls here trying to convince us to pass on Geno so that their teams can grab him.

NEWS FLASH:

We have no say on that. Get back to the real world my friend. Forums like this is just for the fans to feel like they are in charge. We are playing a fantasy game.

O.city 02-09-2013 10:48 AM

So in a QB class that is supposedly so weak, we are ok with not taking the best one (whichever one that is), instead waiting to take the 4 or 5 best one in this class? A class that is supposedly terrible?

FloridaMan88 02-09-2013 10:49 AM

Terrible poll.

Geno is the only option with the #1 overall pick.

There are no plausible "if not a QB..." options.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:02 AM

"building from the trenches".....you sir are a ****ing moron.
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu 02-09-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389101)
I don't give a rat's ass about Geno's stats.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what most of his numbers are.

I come to my opion by actually watching games, having seen all but 2 from this past season.

I'm not some mindless moron that parrots the opinion of some drooling idiot with big hair, like you do.

And it's the same god damn thing with you every year.
It isn't just Geno this year.

Every ****ing year you tell us that the available QBs can't be taken in our spot.
It's aloways some bullshit excuse why itks too much of a risk.

And there are million more Frankies that live in KC. Too often they also work at One Arrowhead Drive.

O.city 02-09-2013 11:03 AM

Once we get 4 all pro's up front on the oline and a few on the dline, we can throw whoever in a QB and win multiple SB"s.

No need for a top draft pick.

milkman 02-09-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9389142)
Once we get 4 all pro's up front on the oline and a few on the dline, we can throw whoever in a QB and win multiple SB"s.

No need for a top draft pick.

All Cassel needs is better protection and more weapons.

ForeverChiefs58 02-09-2013 11:07 AM

The OP is a stupid scenario.

With the 1st pick in the draft you address your biggest hole and reason that put you with the worst record, and and gave your team the worst QB in the NFL...period.

No other position will get you to the SB faster, so it should be the primary focus every time you draft until you get one.

This fan base HAS to get over the fear of drafting a QB no matter what the so called "experts" say.

I would love to see this team draft two QB's early like the Redskins did last year.

Treat the QB position as if it is the D line position. Stop being so damn affraid to get the next Flacco or Kaepernick just because they aren't the same as Luck or RG3.

All fans who don't like addressing our biggest hole with the 1st pick should really be purged and exiled from the fan base foreveh

patteeu 02-09-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9389103)
So Joeckel is a hall of famer in the making huh? Me thinks you been listening to the talking heads a little too much.

I don't know what you're talking about, but if I had to put money on which guy ends up in the HoF, I'd certainly take Joeckel over Smith. The odds are long on either one though.

milkman 02-09-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389162)
I don't know what you're talking about, but if I had to put money on which guy ends up in the HoF, I'd certainly take Joeckel over Smith. The odds are long on either one though.

You're a ****ing moron.

Rausch 02-09-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389164)
You're a ****ing moron.

LMAO

How much did perhaps the greatest T ever help the Bengals?...

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:18 AM

Who gives a **** about the hall? Reminds me of Peeholis dumbassed comment about players going to the pro bowl and teams winning ships....blahblahblah analrape....
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 02-09-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389164)
You're a ****ing moron.

Look at what you've become.

RealSNR 02-09-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389162)

A HOF LT wins us what, exactly? We've had a pretty damn good one (not HOF, but good enough) for the past two seasons. So why does our offense struggle the way it does despite that LT and a RB that rivals Jim ****ing Brown in career YPC?

RealSNR 02-09-2013 11:33 AM

Who was protecting Joe Flacco's blindside?

Fat **** McKinnie.

Rausch 02-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389188)

He's pretty consistently been him...

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:36 AM

sigh....some people just cant accept the facts.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 02-09-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9389188)

A guy that points out idiocy when I see it?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-09-2013 11:41 AM

lol
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-09-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9389218)
A guy that points out idiocy when I see it?

You aren't a GM, you haven't worked in football. What do you know?

Rasputin 02-09-2013 12:02 PM

I'm convinced that even if Andrew Luck was sitting there for us to take with the first pick this fan base would find reasons not to take him. Chiefs would trade out and we would miss out on the best QB prospect in ten years or life time opportunity.

RealSNR 02-09-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9389254)
I'm convinced that even if Andrew Luck was sitting there for us to take with the first pick this fan base would find reasons not to take him. Chiefs would trade out and we would miss out on the best QB prospect in ten years or life time opportunity.

"Do you see how valuable this pick is? Think of how many draft picks we could acquire if we traded out! When you're 2-14 like we are, you have more holes than just at QB. We need every draft pick we can get! Don't just waste our top draft pick's value on one player when we can get a boatload!"