ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Well, this doesn't make much sense. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272504)

Direckshun 04-26-2013 08:42 AM

Well, this doesn't make much sense.

Staying at 1.1 and drafting a tackle makes sense if we traded Albert.

Trading down from 1.1 and drafting BPA on value makes sense if we still have Albert.

Trading Albert away for a 2nd rounder makes sense if we had to give up our second this year for Alex Smith.

Trading a 2nd for Alex Smith makes sense if we didn't think we could land any good QBs with our 2nd rounder.

But none of these are the case. We still have Albert, we stayed at 1.1, we took a tackle, Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are still on the board, and we don't have a single second round pick.

Oh no, I've gone cross-eyed.

There are several strategies that would have made sense here, but the Chiefs have seemed to have skillfully navigated around all of them.

I... just don't get it.

Fritz88 04-26-2013 08:44 AM

I am positive we'll trade BA to Miami tonight. It just makes too much sense not to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Amnorix 04-26-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9630664)
I am positive we'll trade BA to Miami tonight. It just makes too much sense not to happen.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, but Miami's leverage has gone up. Chiefs now have to trade Albert, unless they think either Albert or Fisher can/should be moved to RT and they have a need there.

I can only assume that the Chiefs are comfortable that they will get good value for Albert from someone, either today or post-draft.

KChiefs1 04-26-2013 08:49 AM

Albert's value went up after yesterday.

Sorter 04-26-2013 08:49 AM

ROFL at the Austin Powers reference.

L.A. Chieffan 04-26-2013 08:51 AM

we needed a rt, we drafted one that nobody ever seen play with the first pick.

what seems to be the problem?

Fritz88 04-26-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9630673)
Yeah, but Miami's leverage has gone up. Chiefs now have to trade Albert, unless they think either Albert or Fisher can/should be moved to RT and they have a need there.

I can only assume that the Chiefs are comfortable that they will get good value for Albert from someone, either today or post-draft.

How did their leverage go up?

All first round caliber tackles are gone. Unless they want to get a rookie second or third rounder, they can get top 10 Tackle in Albert.
Posted via Mobile Device

ptlyon 04-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quit trying to mind **** it.

Just come to the realization that this regime is as shitty as the last one.

Amnorix 04-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 9630692)
How did their leverage go up?

All first round caliber tackles are gone. Unless they want to get a rookie second or third rounder, they can get top 10 Tackle in Albert.
Posted via Mobile Device

On the presumption the Chiefs have to move Albert. If the Chiefs don't have to move Albert, because either he or Fisher can be swung to the right, or there are more teams than the Dolphins interested in him, then the Chiefs' leverage has gone up instead.

philfree 04-26-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9630656)
Staying at 1.1 and drafting a tackle makes sense if we traded Albert.

Trading down from 1.1 and drafting BPA on value makes sense if we still have Albert.

Trading Albert away for a 2nd rounder makes sense if we had to give up our second this year for Alex Smith.

Trading a 2nd for Alex Smith makes sense if we didn't think we could land any good QBs with our 2nd rounder.

But none of these are the case. We still have Albert, we stayed at 1.1, we took a tackle, Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are still on the board, and we don't have a single second round pick.

Oh no, I've gone cross-eyed.

There are several strategies that would have made sense here, but the Chiefs have seemed to have skillfully navigated around all of them.

I... just don't get it.

So you think we should have entered the draft without a starting QB and then waited to draft one in the 2nd round? I don't think I like that plan.

penbrook 04-26-2013 08:57 AM

Reid said he will start the best 5 guys regardless of position. He even mentioned Fisher being able to play guard.

ChiefaRoo 04-26-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9630673)

Nope. Keep BA and play him at LT this year and Fisher at RT. Make Miami suck it for trading with the Raiders.

Fritz88 04-26-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 9630696)
On the presumption the Chiefs have to move Albert. If the Chiefs don't have to move Albert, because either he or Fisher can be swung to the right, or there are more teams than the Dolphins interested in him, then the Chiefs' leverage has gone up instead.

According to Reid, Fisher can pretty much play anywhere in the line.
Posted via Mobile Device

noa 04-26-2013 08:58 AM

Andy Reid truly views Alex Smith as his 2nd round pick well spent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 04-26-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9630697)
So you think we should have entered the draft without a starting QB and then waited to draft one in the 2nd round? I don't think I like that plan.

Worked out for the Bengals.