ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life NY Post Article on Jovan Belcher (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267313)

CaliforniaChief 12-02-2012 10:29 PM

NY Post Article on Jovan Belcher

This is the headline on Drudge Report...thought it deserved its own thread. Sorry if repost.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/g...Wl3vKf4Jasj5EP

CaliforniaChief 12-02-2012 10:31 PM

Claims that he shot Kasandra Perkins 9 times....

That he used a different gun to kill his girlfriend than he did to kill himself.

That his mom is taking custody of their daughter...

And that he was drinking heavily, using painkillers, and dealing with head injuries. I don't know what to make about that one.

siberian khatru 12-02-2012 10:32 PM

They're just repeating the Deadspin story that relied on an anonymous friend.

notorious 12-02-2012 10:32 PM

I honestly wonder if they throw in the "Head Injury" thing automatically every time something bad happens to a football player?

Ghost of Maslowski 12-02-2012 10:33 PM

from the photo caption:

"Kansas City Chiefs running back Jovan Belcher battled head injuries, drugs and alcohol before he snapped and killed his girlfriend Michele Perkins, friends said."

guess it doesn't take much to write articles or edit for the NYP.

notorious 12-02-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski (Post 9174939)
from the photo caption:

"Kansas City Chiefs running back Jovan Belcher battled head injuries, drugs and alcohol before he snapped and killed his girlfriend Michele Perkins, friends said."

:facepalm:

Do they do any research?

KCrockaholic 12-02-2012 10:41 PM

Well her middle name was Michele. I'm assuming that's where they are getting Michele from.

DonkyPuncher 12-02-2012 10:55 PM

yea must have been the pain killers haha, I love how drugs get blamed in situations like this because pain killers make people spaz out all the time right??

Prison Bitch 12-02-2012 11:15 PM

I find it troubling if its true she was trying to wield custody over their daughter and threats of lawyers to go after money. Obviously the reaction was unacceptable but I've seen friends go thru these custody battles over young children and they are ANGRY. I truly wonder what some of them might have been capable of if facing head trauma and narcotics/booze

I never believed he just snapped randomly. That just isn't likely. He seemed too lucid based on the fact he thanked Fat Scott and Crennel prior to the suicide. This wasn't the Colorado movie shooter situation to me

NJChiefsFan 12-02-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Maslowski (Post 9174939)
from the photo caption:

Haha yeah I saw that when I skimmed through it in the store earlier. A newscaster last night also called McCluster "Dexter Mcooster" while reading his tweet. You are lucky if the readers even know where his team plays. Half the people around here ask what team I root for and when I say "Kansas City Chiefs" they say "what's that a new NBA D league team?"

gblowfish 12-02-2012 11:21 PM

This is the NY Post. This is not journalism. Consider the source before you believe any of this crap.

Prison Bitch 12-02-2012 11:21 PM

Anyone who doesn't know who a 50 year NFL franchise is qualifies as a total idiot

Chief_For_Life58 12-02-2012 11:23 PM

dat shiz craycray

NJChiefsFan 12-02-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9175062)
Anyone who doesn't know who a 50 year NFL franchise is qualifies as a total idiot

People tend to ignore things that don't matter. We don't matter to the rest of the country. Not since Priest Holmes and even that was just for fantasy value. We have a loud stadium, that is our franchise legacy. Even that part doesn't exist to the new generation of NFL fans.

Prison Bitch 12-02-2012 11:35 PM

I'm just responding to someone who might know that the nba has a "d league" but not know who the Chiefs are. I call BS on that or else, the person is a bona fide reerun