ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

siberian khatru 12-01-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9166695)
I am essentially without words right now. I feel for that woman and her child, along with Jevon if this was a mental state and not a burst of anger. I also feel guilty for having thoughts on how this affects the Chiefs future and the things we are hoping to get out of it, but I can't lie, it's going through my head as well.

Same here, unfortunately ("Oh, great, this will probably save Pioli's job").

KC_Lee 12-01-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9166701)
You have to at some point. Who wins and loses affects draft positioning for a lot of teams, not just them.

Yeah I see that but under the circumstances and the timing a little over 24 hours before the game and the it happened at Chiefs' practice field you really need to just cancel and move on.

How many players are not going to have thier mind on the game and possibly run a higher risk of injury?

jAZ 12-01-2012 10:12 AM

On ESPN2

Rexx 12-01-2012 10:12 AM

Unreal....an already terrible season compounded by a tradegy like this. I feel for his family and especially the newborn he leaves behind. He obviously had some issues he was dealing with.

Jerm 12-01-2012 10:13 AM

Jesus Christ...this is just beyond words...

ChiefMojo 12-01-2012 10:14 AM

I do agree my shock and sadness has worn a little towards anger at Belcher also. For being a coward in doing this and killing another person while leaving a 2 month old is bullsh*t. I feel for the situation but once you step back you realize this man just ruined a lot of peoples lives.

Tribal Warfare 12-01-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9166708)
You get so caught up in the Chiefs BEING life sometimes. I can't just jump out of that, especially if this was a murder of rage. SOC, winning games somehow from inspiration, who we take, who maybe doesn't get fired now....silly things compared to a life and future of a baby, but they are going through my head.

There is nothing inspiring about this situation, but this does **** SOC's message for a couple of games ( 2-3 games at least)

jAZ 12-01-2012 10:14 AM

ESPN just reported we've already read here. Also included a quote from the chiefs. Nothing else. Didn't confirm Belcher.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9166716)
Yeah I see that but under the circumstances and the timing a little over 24 hours before the game and the it happened at Chiefs' practice field you really need to just cancel and move on.

How many players are not going to have thier mind on the game and possibly run a higher risk of injury?

I can't see them moving it beyond Monday or Tuesday.

Dave Lane 12-01-2012 10:15 AM

I literally don't know what to say or what to think about this.

Thunder1boss 12-01-2012 10:15 AM

Rumor has it as Javon Belcher. Got that second hand from a blog reader.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 10:15 AM

Feel sorry for JB GF in this case and the poor kid that is left without a mother.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-01-2012 10:16 AM

Joe Person ‏@josephperson

Panthers interim GM Brandon Beane says league has advised team to travel as planned. Team charter leaves at 1:15 pm.

Coach 12-01-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9166707)
Doesn't matter.

You're still an incredible POS for murdering someone and then making a point of hurting others by offing yourself in front of them.

I understand that and I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I'm just simply saying unless we know the whole story, we can only speculate.

Either way, it's just a shitty situation, that's all.

Sorter 12-01-2012 10:16 AM

http://www.kctv5.com/story/20234680/...hen-kills-self

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
Police are investigating two deadly shootings Saturday morning that they said are related.

The shootings involve a Chiefs player and his girlfriend.

The first shooting was reported about 8 a.m. at a home near East 54th Terrace and Crysler Avenue. The second shooting was reported a short time later at a Chiefs practice facility located on the Arrowhead facility.

Officials said the Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend and then drove to the practice facility where he shot and killed himself.

It's unknown if people were at Arrowhead or any of its surrounding facilities at the time.

Refresh this page for updates on this developing story.