ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Crud (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268611)

Imon Yourside 01-09-2013 09:04 AM

Any updates?

tomahawk kid 01-09-2013 09:13 AM

Had to take the wife to the ER last night with severe flu symptoms.

We're both just getting over the chest infection / cough stuff.

Brutal.

luv 01-14-2013 12:01 PM

1/8 - Stay home from work to get into doctor's office; get prescription for cough syrup with codeine filled; get progressively worse as the night goes on

1/9 - Have mom go get another script for an antibiotic filled; spend the day in and out of consciousness feeling lousy

1/10 - Wake up with fever of 101.5; spend morning breaking fever; get fever back at 5pm; finally break fever at 2am following morning

1/11 - Spend the morning laundry done, washing sheets, blankets, etc; spray basement down with Lysol; spend evening with headache and watching movies

1/12 - Get out for the first time since 1/8 to go to grocery store; get worn out from running errand and spend afternoon and evening watching football, movies, and Firefly episodes

1/13 - Spend day actually eating again, watching football, movies, and more tv shows; go to sleep laying down in my bed for the first time since the night of 1/7

1/14 - Still have the cough, and still have the worn out feeling, but return to work.

Talk about a lousy week! Hope it's gone for good this time.

okoye35chiefs 01-14-2013 12:06 PM

just got over chest infection and the flu..

never had a flu shot and until this year never had the flu..

i can only agree now that it is the worse thing ever!

no, I won't get a flu shot next year...

Bump 01-14-2013 12:18 PM

I'm avoiding the public until this shit is under control.

Imon Yourside 01-14-2013 12:39 PM

Thanks for the updates, The wife is returning from halfway around the world tonight. Should have already been here if not for a big **** YOU to United Airlines. She is feeling much better after traveling for going on 51 hours now. She has had maybe 6 hours sleep total in the time period so I guess we won't be playing tonight.

luv 01-14-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9317220)
just got over chest infection and the flu..

never had a flu shot and until this year never had the flu..

i can only agree now that it is the worse thing ever!

no, I won't get a flu shot next year...

I've gotten the flu every year up until last year. Been sick twice this year. I'm getting it again next year.

loochy 01-14-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9317204)
1/8 - Stay home from work to get into doctor's office; get prescription for cough syrup with codeine filled; get progressively worse as the night goes on

1/9 - Have mom go get another script for an antibiotic filled; spend the day in and out of consciousness feeling lousy

1/10 - Wake up with fever of 101.5; spend morning breaking fever; get fever back at 5pm; finally break fever at 2am following morning

1/11 - Spend the morning laundry done, washing sheets, blankets, etc; spray basement down with Lysol; spend evening with headache and watching movies

1/12 - Get out for the first time since 1/8 to go to grocery store; get worn out from running errand and spend afternoon and evening watching football, movies, and Firefly episodes

1/13 - Spend day actually eating again, watching football, movies, and more tv shows; go to sleep laying down in my bed for the first time since the night of 1/7

1/14 - Still have the cough, and still have the worn out feeling, but return to work.

Talk about a lousy week! Hope it's gone for good this time.

Why?

luv 01-14-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9317454)
Why?

Because I felt like shit. Doctor gave me a script to have just in case. She said if I wasn't better in a couple of days to go ahead and get it filled. I got it filled a day early.

Or are you asking why I sent my mom? That would be because I was hardly able to walk upstairs, let alone make it to a pharmacy.

ptlyon 01-14-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9317317)
Thanks for the updates, The wife is returning from halfway around the world tonight. Should have already been here if not for a big **** YOU to United Airlines. She is feeling much better after traveling for going on 51 hours now. She has had maybe 6 hours sleep total in the time period so I guess we won't be playing tonight.

No clowning around tonite?

Imon Yourside 01-14-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9317487)
No clowning around tonite?

I wouldn't dare put the misses through that after her last 50+ hours. I will have to watch the KU game alone I guess, there are worse fates to suffer. ;)

loochy 01-14-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9317485)
Because I felt like shit. Doctor gave me a script to have just in case. She said if I wasn't better in a couple of days to go ahead and get it filled. I got it filled a day early.

Or are you asking why I sent my mom? That would be because I was hardly able to walk upstairs, let alone make it to a pharmacy.

No, I was asking about the doctor. I wouldn't think there's anything a doctor could do. They'll just tell you to rest and they'll give you a script for antibiotics (for a virus) to make you feel like it was worth a trip.

luv 01-14-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9317499)
No, I was asking about the doctor. I wouldn't think there's anything a doctor could do. They'll just tell you to rest and they'll give you a script for antibiotics (for a virus) to make you feel like it was worth a trip.

She gave me a cough syrup with codeine for the trip. She heard me cough, and thought there was a slight chance it might not be viral, hence the antibiotics. I wasn't going to worry about them until I started feeling worse. She also prescribed an inhaler, but insurance didn't cover much of the cost, so I never got it.

Imon Yourside 01-14-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9317507)
She gave me a cough syrup with codeine for the trip. She heard me cough, and thought there was a slight chance it might not be viral, hence the antibiotics. I wasn't going to worry about them until I started feeling worse. She also prescribed an inhaler, but insurance didn't cover much of the cost, so I never got it.

Do you by chance have Asthma?

luv 01-14-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9317511)
Do you by chance have Asthma?

Nope.