ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life The Crud (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268611)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-08-2013 10:23 AM

I don't think I've ever had the flu. I am all that is man

luv 01-08-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9295943)
Generally, if you don't get a flu shot, you can expect to get the flu maybe once every 5 or 6 years. Maybe as seldom as 8. So, 4 or 5 times out of 6 years, its a complete waste. (Then of course, for those years when you may be exposed to the flu and it could help, sometimes they guess wrong on which flu to immunize against that year)

So really, getting flu shots may only prevent the flu once a decade or so. Since the flu shot is so cheap, and the flu is so awful (the real flu, not a cold, a lot of people get a cold and think "the flu isn't so bad"), its still worth it.

Just because you don't get sick often doesn't mean you have some magical super-protection against the flu, unless your immune system is shot, you aren't supposed to get sick very often.

I don't think I have the flu. I'm not chilling and don't really have any aches. This time, it's a deep, croupy cough. Started having a slightly runny nose this morning. And just a slight headache. I was running a slight ever when I woke up, but I think that has subsided. I'm making sure to get in to see the doctor this time. I had this late November/early December, only my throat didn't get this sore, and it was more in my head. This time, I can feel the heaviness in the top of my chest, and coughing hurts.

Graystoke 01-08-2013 10:42 AM

This crap/crud is all around at work here. ACHES but not the flu. Just Crud...sorta like 2012 Chiefs

BigOlChiefsfan 01-08-2013 10:55 AM

Metabolism boosting dinners

strengthen your immune system

natural cold remedies I know, colds are not the flu - but the info on building up the immune system is worth having. Eat more home made sauerkraut, kimchee, yogurt, kefir and so on. Get those bugs to working for you instead of against you.

bevischief 01-08-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9295854)
interestingly enough, the last few years I've blown thru several sick days in the first weeks of January. got a flu shot in December and so for so good.
coincidence? maybe.

Go watch "The Explosion Of Autoimmune Viruses" by Dr Trent On youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8FCJ...ayer_embedded#!

frankotank 01-08-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan (Post 9296030)

"Malnutrition impairs immune function. French fries, soft drinks and bourbon don’t build strong white blood cells either."

Welp....I'm ****ed.....

ptlyon 01-08-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9296229)
"Malnutrition impairs immune function. French fries, soft drinks and bourbon don’t build strong white blood cells either."

Welp....I'm ****ed.....

Don't believe everything you read on the internet!!!

Mr. Laz 01-08-2013 12:23 PM

stuff seems to be long lasting this winter ... weeks instead of days.

:(

Carlota69 01-08-2013 12:25 PM

Everyone around me has the crud or is getting over it. Im 3 days in with a weird sore throat, mild feverishness here and there, chills, but not alot and now some congestion in my sinuses. Im drowning in ginger tea, emergen c and airnborne! This will be the 2nd time Ive rescheduled my knee surgery due to illness. BLOWS!!!!

listopencil 01-08-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9296229)

Welp....I'm ****ed.....

I am going to operate under the following assumptions:

1) Tequila is a disinfectant

2) If I drink too much of it I could die

3) If I drink enough to kill the germs, but not enough to kill me, I win

4) If the germs can survive more tequila than I can, I'm kind of ****ed anyway and I will probably need medical attention regardless of what I do

luv 01-08-2013 12:36 PM

I'm feeling progressively worse as the day continues. I don't want to take anything until after I see the doctor though. :( [/whiny misery]

Fire Me Boy! 01-08-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9295987)
I don't think I have the flu. I'm not chilling and don't really have any aches. This time, it's a deep, croupy cough. Started having a slightly runny nose this morning. And just a slight headache. I was running a slight ever when I woke up, but I think that has subsided. I'm making sure to get in to see the doctor this time. I had this late November/early December, only my throat didn't get this sore, and it was more in my head. This time, I can feel the heaviness in the top of my chest, and coughing hurts.

Sounds like bronchitis. Antibiotics will clear you right up.

frankotank 01-08-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9296284)
I am going to operate under the following assumptions:

1) Tequila is a disinfectant

2) If I drink too much of it I could die

3) If I drink enough to kill the germs, but not enough to kill me, I win

4) If the germs can survive more tequila than I can, I'm kind of ****ed anyway and I will probably need medical attention regardless of what I do

holy crap! I think you're onto something here! :thumb:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...9PUKL54nH2mTM4

Phobia 01-08-2013 03:50 PM

You do not have practice tonight. Your teammates will thank you not to bring that crap to them.

Brock 01-08-2013 03:54 PM

You could have pneumonia, for chrissake. Go to the doctor.