ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Where we are, roster-wise. Volume 2013. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272563)

58-4ever 04-28-2013 08:56 AM

only team with a Nico and a Nieko. To the SHIP!!

ChiefaRoo 04-28-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 9638200)
Moeaki wasn't underachieving...?

Yeah, he can play he's just fragile.

O.city 04-29-2013 03:57 PM

Gotta say, in one offseason, we've done a really good job upgrading some positions.

QB is a metric **** ton better (i know i know) but it is.

ILB is a shit ton better

Safety is better

TE is better, by alot.

RB is better, much better IMO, but I'm a big Davis fan so guess thats a homer call.

Same with CB.

The WR spot, IMO, is sneaky better. I like Avery and I think Gilyard will make something of himself. Still like something else there, so Baldwin is pretty much a make or break at this point.

Would have liked to get the DE better, but I guess DeVito will have to do.

I think the OL is pretty well stocked at this point.

O.city 04-29-2013 04:00 PM

Really would have liked to take a flyer on Da"Rick Rogers in UDFA too.

O.city 04-29-2013 04:05 PM

Am I crazy for thinking Hartman might actually make the roster at S?

Saccopoo 04-29-2013 05:00 PM

Watch out for Chad Kilgore.

That's my dark horse for the roster this year.

And the O-Line is:

LT: Fisher
LG: Albert
C: Hudson
RG: Schwartz
RT: Stephenson

mcaj22 04-29-2013 05:11 PM

Jon Asamoah and Jeff Allen are going to turn out to be wasted picks as they are just washed out of any chance of being in the starting lineup lol

mcaj22 04-29-2013 05:12 PM

the defensive line and free safety positions are the only two absolutely god awful dog shit positions on this team that have a bunch of crap

and Alex Smith but **** him

Chief_For_Life58 04-29-2013 05:22 PM

I see alot of bullshit thats for sure

Nightfyre 04-29-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9644294)
Am I crazy for thinking Hartman might actually make the roster at S?

I thought he played really well last year, tbh.

Saccopoo 04-29-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9644394)
the defensive line and free safety positions are the only two absolutely god awful dog shit positions on this team that have a bunch of crap

and Alex Smith but **** him

Defensive line sucks. Poe needs to be a monster this year or it was a Dorsey level pick. I'd really like to see Sutton run a 46 a lot this year. He's coached it before and we have the personnel to actually make it work. Poe, Powe, Berry and Bailey are tailor made for it.

mcaj22 04-29-2013 05:32 PM

i will be shocked if Powe and Bailey make this team

Saccopoo 04-29-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Unlike most defensive formations that take their names from the number of defensive linemen and linebackers on the field (i.e. the 4-3 defense has 4 linemen and 3 linebackers), the name "46" originally came from the jersey number of Doug Plank, who was a starting safety for the Bears when Ryan developed the defense, and typically played in that formation as a surrogate linebacker.

The 46 defense was an innovative defense with a unique defensive front, designed to confuse and put pressure on the opposing offense, especially their quarterback. A hyper-aggressive variant of the 4-3 base set, the 46 dramatically shifted the defensive line to the weak side (the opposite end from the offense's tight end), with both guards and the center "covered" by the left defensive end and both defensive tackles. This front forced offenses to immediately account for the defenders lined up directly in front of them, making it considerably harder to execute blocking assignments such as pulling, trapping and pass protection in general. Moreover, the weak side defensive end would be aligned one to two yards outside the left offensive tackle, leaving opposing tackle 'on an island' when trying to block the pass rush.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._green.svg.png

KChiefs1 04-29-2013 07:30 PM

WR & DE positions scare me.

KChiefs1 04-29-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9644378)
Watch out for Chad Kilgore.

And the O-Line is:

LT: Fisher
LG: Albert
C: Hudson
RG: Schwartz
RT: Stephenson

Love the looks of that but will Branden Albert?