ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV "Flight" (Washington). (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261809)

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9105717)
That sucks, I thought the movie was going to be good.

It was good. Don't let micjones sway you. It is worth noting, however, the movie is nothing like the trailers make it seem.

durtyrute 11-11-2012 04:12 PM

Just like the rest of em, we'll see when it gets to Netflix.

Micjones 11-15-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9105924)
It was good. Don't let micjones sway you. It is worth noting, however, the movie is nothing like the trailers make it seem.

I wasn't trying to sway anybody necessarily, but you can't tell me that movie didn't take a SERIOUS dive after the plane crash... That movie had an epic start and wobbled over the finish line.

ZepSinger 11-15-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9122237)
I wasn't trying to sway anybody necessarily, but you can't tell me that movie didn't take a SERIOUS dive after the plane crash... That movie had an epic start and wobbled over the finish line.

Well, it really wasn' t about the plane crash- rather, it was about a man's denial of his substance abuse issues. As such, I thought it was very good...

Fire Me Boy! 11-16-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepSinger (Post 9122395)
Well, it really wasn' t about the plane crash- rather, it was about a man's denial of his substance abuse issues. As such, I thought it was very good...

Yep.

In58men 11-30-2012 04:52 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YvUQonFG3os" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

ThaVirus 12-23-2012 01:51 AM

Had some good laughs from John Goodman and a great performance from Denzel, as usual.

The movie had a tense vibe throughout that fit perfectly. I was honestly "on the edge of my seat" during the final NTSB hearing.

Good movie, for sure.

Dayze 12-23-2012 08:38 AM

that you tube clip was awesome.

Micjones 12-23-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9102138)
Why was it bad Mic? You keep saying it was bad....but why?

Denzel's an incorrigible drunk on one hand, but an elite high-functioning pilot on the other. Zemeckis' desperate attempt to redeem him at the end of the film didn't help. This selfish man who had never been able overcome his demons for the people closest to him somehow "came to Jesus" for a co-worker he was only sleeping with? :rolleyes:

Kelly Reilly's character was underdeveloped and completely superfluous to the plot.

I would like to have seen more of Don Cheadle and his work to keep Denzel out of prison. The situation with the toxicology report deserved more attention.

In fairness, this is still one of Denzel's finest performances and I'll be shocked if it doesn't net him his third Oscar.

In58men 12-23-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9233862)
that you tube clip was awesome.

Okay alright, alright and okay.

Fire Me Boy! 12-23-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9234260)
Denzel's an incorrigible drunk on one hand, but an elite high-functioning pilot on the other. Zemeckis' desperate attempt to redeem him at the end of the film didn't help. This selfish man who had never been able overcome his demons for the people closest to him somehow "came to Jesus" for a co-worker he was only sleeping with? :rolleyes:

Kelly Reilly's character was underdeveloped and completely superfluous to the plot.

I would like to have seen more of Don Cheadle and his work to keep Denzel out of prison. The situation with the toxicology report deserved more attention.

In fairness, this is still one of Denzel's finest performances and I'll be shocked if it doesn't net him his third Oscar.

He'll have some tough, tough competition this year. I think he might get a nom, but I'll be really surprised if he walks away with the statue.

keg in kc 12-23-2012 06:43 PM

Completely unrelated, but I watched Safe House yesterday, and was shocked to find it didn't suck. Maybe I'll catch Flight when it's on HBO in 2 months.

keg in kc 12-23-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9234260)

I'll be similarly shocked if Daniel Day-Lewis doesn't win for Lincoln.

Fire Me Boy! 12-23-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9236839)
I'll be similarly shocked if Daniel Day-Lewis doesn't win for Lincoln.

Agreed. I think DDL is the safe bet. I think Ben Affleck for Argo wouldn't be out of the question either.

ThaVirus 12-23-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9236828)
Completely unrelated, but I watched Safe House yesterday, and was shocked to find it didn't suck. Maybe I'll catch Flight when it's on HBO in 2 months.

****ing LOVED Safe House.

I thought Ryan Reynolds was exceptional in that one, as was Denzel.