ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Sandwich ideas (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265440)

CoMoChief 10-20-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9033056)
Seriously.

I feel like I am not on my sammy game reading this.

Crock pots are great man.

Just got one last year and have been using the hell out of it.

Get a pork ass and pulled pork sammiches for a week....then freeze the other half.

Great for stews, soups and cheese dips.

I'm hungry now.

dmahurin 10-20-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9033042)
I am inspired by this thread to go buy a crock pot.

You can throw ham and beans in it in the morning and come home to dinner. Requires no attention at all. Crock pots are the shit.

munkey 10-20-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9032847)
Tuna fish with mustard and mayo,diced onion and dill pickle relish instead of sweet relish.

This with a diced hard boiled egg and potato chips...

Buehler445 10-20-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

How do you not own a crock pot?

mlyonsd 10-20-2012 03:16 PM

In the summer when the good ripe tomatoes are in season I make grilled cheese with them and bacon. Nice change when BLT's get old.

R8RFAN 10-20-2012 03:32 PM

Crockpots are ok but Pressure cookers are better and don't dry out chicken and beef

BigOlChiefsfan 10-20-2012 03:45 PM

2 pork tenderloins or half a pork loin roast, can of 'ro-tel' tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic, chopped, shot glass of water, sherry or boxwine into your crockpot at breakfast. Go to work with the crockpot set on 'low'. Stop on the way home, buy a baguette and a red onion + jar of roasted red bell peppers, hunk of brie. With 2 forks you can "pull" the pork - or slice your pork. Cut your baguette into 6-8" hunks, slice long-ways, add jar red bell pepper strips, red onion slices, (splash of vinaigrette) and sliced brie cheese - then pork.

Also, triple rinse a can of pinto or Great Northern White beans - or both. Put into a microwave bowl, add a T of olive oil, pinch of red pepper flakes, pinch of thyme, the 'ends' of your red onion, diced fine. Nuke for about 3 minutes, add to the juices from your crock pot, stir well. Serve w/your sandwiches, and cold beer or riesling.

dmahurin 10-20-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan (Post 9033126)
2 pork tenderloins or half a pork loin roast, can of 'ro-tel' tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic, chopped, shot glass of water, sherry or boxwine into your crockpot at breakfast. Go to work with the crockpot set on 'low'. Stop on the way home, buy a baguette and a red onion + jar of roasted red bell peppers, hunk of brie. With 2 forks you can "pull" the pork - or slice your pork. Cut your baguette into 6-8" hunks, slice long-ways, add jar red bell pepper strips, red onion slices, (splash of vinaigrette) and sliced brie cheese - then pork.

Also, triple rinse a can of pinto or Great Northern White beans - or both. Put into a microwave bowl, add a T of olive oil, pinch of red pepper flakes, pinch of thyme, the 'ends' of your red onion, diced fine. Nuke for about 3 minutes, add to the juices from your crock pot, stir well. Serve w/your sandwiches, and cold beer or riesling.

While it sounds good, it's to much work for my lazy ass.

KcMizzou 10-20-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9033098)
How do you not own a crock pot?

I've got mine going right now. Just some stew meat and mushroom soup. Tastes great on rice. Good way to make roast w/ potatoes and carrots too. Getting to be that time of year.

bevischief 10-20-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

I have 3. Always in use. Lots of recipes on the internet.

bevischief 10-20-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9033111)
Crockpots are ok but Pressure cookers are better and don't dry out chicken and beef

You are doing something wrong then if that is happening.

mnchiefsguy 10-20-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9033154)
I have 3. Always in use. Lots of recipes on the internet.

Got any links to recipes you have found particularly tasty?

scho63 10-20-2012 04:11 PM

Lettuce, Tomato, and sliced radishes with mayo, salt, pepper on toast or white bread

or

Cream Cheese and spanish olives w pimentos on toast

or

Mozzarella and roasted red peppers with fresh basil, chopped garlic on focaccia or ciabatta bread

or

Kielbasa and sauerkraut on a sub roll

or

Italian Hot Dog-2 hot dogs peppers, onions, potatoes and mustard in a pizza roll

R8RFAN 10-20-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9033156)
You are doing something wrong then if that is happening.

I am serious, like beans and stuff... 4-5-6 hours in a crockpot... 45 mins in a pressure cooker.

I must cook chicken too long in a crock pot , it is always dry as hell

SAUTO 10-20-2012 06:23 PM

We cook at least twice a week in the crock pot. we actually have a couple lol. It is ****ing great and cheap comparatively speaking. Live bevis said earlier there are tons of recipes on line. People cook in them seven days a week for two years with no repeats
Posted via Mobile Device