ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Justin Houston practicing today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302957)

lcarus 10-19-2016 01:43 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7drHiqr.gif

Mother****erJones 10-19-2016 01:53 PM

I'd love to have him back this week but he's not going to play. Adding Houston Sunday would be a tremendous spark to the defense

Warrior5 10-19-2016 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12493150)
Woah hold up man. We play Brees and Luck the next 2 weeks.
We need all the pressure we can get on those guys.

Yep... Brees and his weapons worry the hell out of me, but Houston won't play against NO.

Just hoping we can beat the Saints without him.

Radar Chief 10-19-2016 02:05 PM

http://i66.tinypic.com/14tubnd.gif

In58men 10-19-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12493316)
Actually, the fact that he's being paid such big money is the main reason we should hold him out until we're absolutely certain his knee is entirely healed.

Imagine if he re-injured the ACL. He could be lost for another year or more. We have too much invested him to jeopardize his long-term potential.

I disagree, especially when all 3 parties agreed that he's ready. It's not ideal to start him mid November. I don't see the logic in that.

DJ's left nut 10-19-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrior5 (Post 12493385)
Yep... Brees and his weapons worry the hell out of me, but Houston won't play against NO.

Just hoping we can beat the Saints without him.

He probably won't.

But I'd suit him up. Even having the possibility of sending him out there would be something the Saints would have to worry about, especially in obvious passing downs.

If he's physically sound (and you'd have to believe he is if he's cleared for contact), there's no reason not to work him in slowly. The worry would be if it became a situation like we're facing with Gaines where the knee is just in a constant state of aggravated.

Marcellus 10-19-2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 12493416)
I disagree, especially when all 3 parties agreed that he's ready. It's not ideal to start him mid November. I don't see the logic in that.

You are building a straw man, nobody, not anyone, has said he is ready to play.

Shaid 10-19-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12493316)
Actually, the fact that he's being paid such big money is the main reason we should hold him out until we're absolutely certain his knee is entirely healed.

Imagine if he re-injured the ACL. He could be lost for another year or more. We have too much invested him to jeopardize his long-term potential.

yep

O.city 10-19-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12493433)
You are building a straw man, nobody, not anyone, has said he is ready to play.

If he's cleared to practice and they've taken him off the pup, someone has said he's physically able to play

ModSocks 10-19-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12493493)
If he's cleared to practice and they've taken him off the pup, someone has said he's physically able to play

Physically able to play and ready to play are two different things.

Mother****erJones 10-19-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12493430)
He probably won't.

But I'd suit him up. Even having the possibility of sending him out there would be something the Saints would have to worry about, especially in obvious passing downs.

If he's physically sound (and you'd have to believe he is if he's cleared for contact), there's no reason not to work him in slowly. The worry would be if it became a situation like we're facing with Gaines where the knee is just in a constant state of aggravated.

I'd let him come in on pass rushing downs and just his appearance would make them gameplay for him. If he's ready and cleared then play him. But I don't want to rush him back and have a Gaines situation where his knee flares up and has issues.

O.city 10-19-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12493495)
Physically able to play and ready to play are two different things.

They're not gonna play him this weekend, (Reid's already said that). The guys only gonna have 4 practices under his belt.

I don't think we see him playing for a while yet.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-19-2016 03:40 PM

You guys are weird. No way he's even in consideration of playing this week or next

Easy 6 10-19-2016 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12493049)
He's fought that knee for 2 weeks now and was said to be dealing with it during the bye. If they keep sending him out there, they're going to keep having to pull him in-game all season.

Sit him and get it right. It's easier to gameplan around a CB that you know will be a weakness than one you think might be a strength....until the 2nd half when you lose him again.

I'm all about this, he needs to feel 110% in practice before playing again... the younger guys will just have to grow up a little bit quicker

Pretty much feel the same with Houston... sure, suit him up this week as a threat... but he has been gone a while, it really seems best to let him ease that creaky thing back into motion in practice, regardless of the medically cleared designation IMO

We've weathered one of the toughest parts of the storm without him, so theres no point in rushing him back in there only to have him tweak it ala Gaines

tx4chiefs 10-19-2016 03:44 PM

Hope he makes it back playing soon.