ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The state of the Kansas City Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267254)

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:15 PM

The state of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Now what...?

With so much anger built-up with this current regime, I can't help but cheer for them after wanting them to fail miserably.

What kind of state is this team and coaching staff in who witnessed this happen if reports are true? Crennel...a defensive coordinator by heart, obviously spent a lot of one-on-one time with this troubled individual. What is he thinking? Scott Pioli...there are banners flying over the stadium calling for your head, and now one of your men has taken the life of a mother and then himself. What is running through his head. Same goes for others who witnessed this tragedy. How do you continue doing your job in a professional manner...?

I have never been in such a situation, but it is one thing to witness someone take their own life, but it's another to witness a friend take such a cowardly route.

SOC...what now? I support the donation idea thrown around in the other threads. IMO, there should be no more banners in the air for the remainder of the season. Do we now go full-homer and support this team regardless of who is navigating the ship?

Finally...if Pioli and [somehow] Crennel return next season, do you support them after what they have witness has humans.

I could have thrown this in either of the two shooting threads, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on where you stand today with the Chiefs. Are you rooting for them to win the remainder of the games this season and whatever happens with our draft position happens....? Is this a matter of football vs real-life to you and as a fan, you still wish for failure in the FO and the #1 draft pick. Or are you somewhere in the middle?

I duno...curious to hear how others feel right now about the state of our franchise given this morning's tragic events. Where do you go from here...?

Nightfyre 12-01-2012 02:17 PM

This doesn't change anything with respect to the changes that need to be made.

Chief_For_Life58 12-01-2012 02:18 PM

hopefully pioli & crennel step down after this morning

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168004)

So are you hoping for wins or loses?

Chief_For_Life58 12-01-2012 02:19 PM

lose out

Mother****erJones 12-01-2012 02:19 PM

This isnt Pioli and Crennel's fault. Im sorry as much as I want them gone. This was between Belcher and his girlfriend

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9168006)
hopefully pioli & crennel step down after this morning

^this.

Nightfyre 12-01-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168008)

I am hoping we secure the number one pick then go on a little tear at the end of the season. The players need the confidence. Pioli and Crennel are already lame-ducks.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Forfeit.

Why waste the time??

suds79 12-01-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

not just losses. epically bad embarrassing losses.

the plan doesn't change. we still need a new GM, new coach and new quarterback.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 02:23 PM

Fiull homer, IMO. The season is in the toilet and whatever is going to happen is going to happen regardless of SOC. Use this opportunity for a classy retreat and support the HUMAN BEINGS ON THE FIELD. Forget the fail.

Discuss Thrower 12-01-2012 02:23 PM

I woke up this morning thinking Pioli isn't going anywhere, and I still think the same thing unless he chooses to step down.

Easy 6 12-01-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168004)

DTLB58 12-01-2012 02:24 PM

Time to heal, bury one of our own, then the plan goes on as planned. Clean house.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9168023)
Fiull homer, IMO. The season is in the toilet and whatever is going to happen is going to happen regardless of SOC. Use this opportunity for a classy retreat and support the HUMAN BEINGS ON THE FIELD. Forget the fail.

This is how I feel.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 02:26 PM

I am betting Pioli and Crennel could not wait to bolt even before this happened...

They and Matt Cassel will have horrible associations with this city.

Nightfyre 12-01-2012 02:27 PM

If you find yourself agreeing with Duhnise, you have to double check yourself. She's not even a real fan. Go watch whichever game Gannon is broadcasting and leave CP in peace.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9168015)
I am hoping we secure the number one pick then go on a little tear at the end of the season. The players need the confidence. Pioli and Crennel are already lame-ducks.

I think that this, if anything, completely cements the deal.

Never has an NFL franchise imploded so quickly, definitely and completely.

And it's not just Pioli and Crennel; this is Clark Hunt's mess, too: he backed the wrong guy when he let Pioli fire Haley midseason last year. Hunt ****ed up...and the fallout has been palpable.

I'm not blaming anyone for the tragedy of this morning; horrible, unfathomable acts, and I feel for Crennel and Pioli as people...but they created this, this weird vacuum of negativity and total dysfunctional chaos.

They must go.

Even that won't fix this franchise; it's got bad juju written all over it.

1st pick in 2013 or not, the only people who will come to KC now are people who can't get jobs anywhere else.

The pallor now cast over this franchise is now visible and tangible. Only a fool doesn't see it...

memyselfI 12-01-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168032)
This is how I feel.

We will be in a distinct minority on this board but I don't think so off of it.

Bowser 12-01-2012 02:28 PM

The fact is that the Chiefs are as low as they have EVER been right now, including the 70's and 80's, and that was before all this Belcher insanity.

Chief_For_Life58 12-01-2012 02:28 PM

you guys think clark has found out about whats happened today yet? hes prolly just about finishing his saturday golf round

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9168039)
I am betting Pioli and Crennel could not wait to bolt even before this happened....

Naw.

I was thinking Crennel would resign and Pioli would get another shot with a new QB.

After this...I have no clue what to think. I would bet Crennel would step down for sure....don't know about Pioli.

The ticker on ESPN said that Crennel is doing OK right now while Pioli is pretty emotional.

Agent V 12-01-2012 02:29 PM

Resignations seem like a very real possibility. If it's true they paid witness to Belcher's suicide, I can't express how awful I feel for Scott and Romeo.

Spott 12-01-2012 02:31 PM

Still rooting for them to lose out.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9168051)
I can't express how awful I feel for Scott and Romeo.

This...plus knowing the fans already are upset with you...

Feel pretty bad for them at the moment.

jspchief 12-01-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9168049)
you guys think clark has found out about whats happened today yet? hes prolly just about finishing his saturday golf round

Clark has already released a statement.

Bowser 12-01-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168059)

Yep.

memyselfI 12-01-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168050)

The ticker on ESPN said that Crennel is doing OK right now while Pioli is pretty emotional.

I think that Pioli has been putting up a brave face that will come crashing down now. It is too personal now. Too close to home.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 02:36 PM

I don't think anyone associated with this tragedy should be part of the leadership group next season.

We badly need a fresh start.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Resignations seem like a very real possibility. If it's true they paid witness to Belcher's suicide, I can't express how awful I feel for Scott and Romeo.

Yep. Even if things were going far differently right now, I'm just not sure how these guys could go back to Arrowhead day after day. I just don't think they'd have a chance to heal and mentally move past what they were forced to witness.

Agent V 12-01-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168059)

Exactly. If I witnessed what they apparently witnessed, I would be inconsolable, sweating and shaking in a corner somewhere.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9168064)
I think that Pioli has been putting up a brave face that will come crashing down now. It is too personal now. Too close to home.

well, the word is that Pioli had talked with Belcher the most during the incident at Arrowhead, and Pioli made it clear that he had the full support of the staff and organization and that it was even friendly for a bit and that Jovan was going to put the gun down...and then police showed up, and...

and if that's true, it's very understandable that Scott would be upset.

I'm done talking about it; it's over, and nothing can fix it.

FlaChief58 12-01-2012 02:38 PM

Just when you think things could'nt get any worse with this team....Condolences to the families.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168072)
I don't think anyone associated with this tragedy should be part of the leadership group next season.

We badly need a fresh start.

My thoughts too.

But does this extend to the players...? I know they are under contract, but still...don't know how some of them could be mentally prepared to play every time they step foot on 1 Arrowhead Dr.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:40 PM

The state of the Kansas City Chiefs is Missouri. I know it's confusing to some people not familiar with the region. I mean...why the F is it called Kansas City if it's in Missouri? There's another Kansas City that's actually in Kansas? Why don't the Chiefs play there?

Here's an explanation on the history of Kansas City and why it's called that when it is, in fact, in Missouri and not Kansas. Nice thread! I believe it will clear things up for a lot of people!

Both Kansas and Missouri have a Kansas City, but neither started with that name.

Kansas City in Missouri has been incorporated three different times under three different names. Prior to the first incorporation, the site of early Kansas City was a boat dock called Westport Landing.

In the 1830s, John McCoy’s settlement of West Port, at what is now Westport Road and Pennsylvania, outfitted pioneers for the Santa Fe Trail. Since the nearest landing for river travel and transport was 14 miles away at Blue Mills, near Independence, McCoy established a closer landing on the bluffs at the bend in the Missouri River, just two miles north of his settlement.

Soon after McCoy established “Westport Landing” in 1834, Kansas Town Company, a group of 14 investors, began to settle the area. In 1850 the landing area incorporated as the Town of Kansas; in 1853, as the City of Kansas; and finally in 1889 as Kansas City. John McCoy’s settlement, the old town of Westport, was annexed by Kansas City, Missouri, on December 2, 1897.

The Kansas, or Kaw, River flows into the Missouri River near the site of the early town, and the city founders finally settled on this geographic term for the town’s name. The Kansas River was named after the Kansa Indian tribe located in the area.

http://www.kclibrary.org/kchistory/w...instead-kansas

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168086)
My thoughts too.

But does this extend to the players...? I know they are under contract, but still...don't know how some of them could be mentally prepared to play every time they step foot on 1 Arrowhead Dr.

no - just ownership and front-office.

And the enployees who had to sue for their benefits after they all got fired??

They get their jobs back.

Todd Haley, too.

Lumpy 12-01-2012 02:41 PM

IMO, this doesn't change much, other than having 1 less player on the roster. What Crennel and Pioli witnessed today will, without a doubt, have an impact on them. Belcher was in his 4th year, right? That's a lot of time for management and a player to build a relationship.

As far as if this will affect me as a fan, not really. I haven't been paying much attention to the games. If they had a decent season, I would be more interested. But the rebuilding year after year and the lack of effective management has deterred me from, well, pretty much giving a shit.

This wasn't always the case though. When I became a Chiefs fan in '94 I looked forward to every single game. Win or lose, the game was exciting. It was because of my husband, (then b/f), that I became a fan. We watched the games together, he taught me about the sport, and we even spent our honeymoon at Arrowhead, (the Chiefs crushed the Lions). It's just something nice to share w/ someone.

Perhaps one of these days the excitement will return.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168086)
My thoughts too.

No, they weren't witness to it. Nor are they being asked to lead a football program.

A lot of the people that were at the facility today are going to be scarred by this. We're gonna need someone with zero connections to this incident in order to move forward next year.

Hydrae 12-01-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

I have to wonder what Belcher said to them before he walked off. His last words were to these two, he could have been saying anything.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9168093)
The state of the Kansas City Chiefs is Missouri. I know it's confusing to some people not familiar with the region. I mean...why the F is it called Kansas City if it's in Missouri? There's another Kansas City that's actually in Kansas? Why don't the Chiefs play there?

Here's an explanation on the history of Kansas City and why it's called that when it is, in fact, in Missouri and not Kansas. Nice thread! I believe it will clear things up for a lot of people!

Both Kansas and Missouri have a Kansas City, but neither started with that name.

Kansas City in Missouri has been incorporated three different times under three different names. Prior to the first incorporation, the site of early Kansas City was a boat dock called Westport Landing.

In the 1830s, John McCoy’s settlement of West Port, at what is now Westport Road and Pennsylvania, outfitted pioneers for the Santa Fe Trail. Since the nearest landing for river travel and transport was 14 miles away at Blue Mills, near Independence, McCoy established a closer landing on the bluffs at the bend in the Missouri River, just two miles north of his settlement.

Soon after McCoy established “Westport Landing” in 1834, Kansas Town Company, a group of 14 investors, began to settle the area. In 1850 the landing area incorporated as the Town of Kansas; in 1853, as the City of Kansas; and finally in 1889 as Kansas City. John McCoy’s settlement, the old town of Westport, was annexed by Kansas City, Missouri, on December 2, 1897.

The Kansas, or Kaw, River flows into the Missouri River near the site of the early town, and the city founders finally settled on this geographic term for the town’s name. The Kansas River was named after the Kansa Indian tribe located in the area.

http://www.kclibrary.org/kchistory/w...instead-kansas

^ awesome

I love KC History

Bowser 12-01-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168098)
No, they weren't witness to it. Nor are they being asked to lead a football program.

A lot of the people that were at the facility today are going to be scarred by this. We're gonna need someone with zero connections to this incident in order to move forward next year.

Harsh to say just hours after the fact, but absolutely true.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9168093)

Neg'd

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168108)
Neg'd

Mr. Tomahawk. :(

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 9168103)
I have to wonder what Belcher said to them before he walked off. His last words were to these two, he could have been saying anything.

"Draft Geno."

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 9168097)
IMO, this doesn't change much, other than having 1 less player on the roster. What Crennel and Pioli witnessed today will, without a doubt, have an impact on them. Belcher was in his 4th year, right? That's a lot of time for management and a player to build a relationship.

As far as if this will affect me as a fan, not really. I haven't been paying much attention to the games. If they had a decent season, I would be more interested. But the rebuilding year after year and the lack of effective management has deterred me from, well, pretty much giving a shit.

This wasn't always the case though. When I became a Chiefs fan in '94 I looked forward to every single game. Win or lose, the game was exciting. It was because of my husband, (then b/f), that I became a fan. We watched the games together, he taught me about the sport, and we even spent our honeymoon at Arrowhead, (the Chiefs crushed the Lions). It's just something nice to share w/ someone.

Perhaps one of these days the excitement will return.

I know how you feel...

Part of that excitement will be gone forever for me...

it sucks.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168110)
"Draft Geno."

I loled. Couldn't help it.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168098)

Absolutely true.

It won't turn the franchise around, but maybe it can start to resemble NFL football at some point.

This is the freaking Twilight Zone.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 02:47 PM

Maybe Im the only one thinking this but in some manner could the way Pioli runs things, has the players on lockdown, etc in any way added to Belchers troubles? Sorry but they all need to go and go asap.
Belcher is a murderer now, the real sorrow should be with his team mates who may be under stress and situations just like Belcher. If you ask me Pioli had added to it. And if he hasnt than he sure as hell didnt do anything to help it. Mourn the loss of the girlfriend, the fact a little kid has no parents, and the family and friends dealing with it.

Austin Ed 12-01-2012 02:49 PM

I hope Scott and Romeo reflect upon this tragedy, say a few prayers, reflect upon the true meaning of life, and then resign their positions with the Chiefs.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9168119)
I know how you feel...

Part of that excitement will be gone forever for me...

it sucks.

Why? Because of Belcher?

This is leading the sports news cycle today, but the emotion of it will soon fade. Yeah, we'll remember and talk about from time to time, but this isn't going to be a defining moment. Rather, it's one that we'll be forced to remember when the douches at ESPN put together a documentary of the events.

Fans, players, and the organization as a whole will move past this and be just fine. Belcher was no DT, and thus the memory of the former will fade greatly over time.

Hammock Parties 12-01-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168126)
Maybe Im the only one thinking this but in some manner could the way Pioli runs things, has the players on lockdown, etc in any way added to Belchers troubles? Sorry but they all need to go and go asap.
Belcher is a murderer now, the real sorrow should be with his team mates who may be under stress and situations just like Belcher. If you ask me Pioli had added to it. And if he hasnt than he sure as hell didnt do anything to help it. Mourn the loss of the girlfriend, the fact a little kid has no parents, and the family and friends dealing with it.

Belcher was a disturbed individual. I'm not gonna lay that at Pioli's feet.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Belcher's troubles were 100% personal. For all we know he could have been happy as heck with his job. Yeah it sucks for the fans that we're 1-10 and have a shit sandwich at QB. But for him...he's paid a pretty penny to play a game he loves to play. He probably got along great with his coaches and teammates. But whatever happened with his relationship issues caused this.

Fat Elvis 12-01-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

This is the opportunity for everyone in the organization to clean house and still save face by resigning. No one can blame you for resigning and you don't have to face the ignominy of being fired. Pioli, for once, can look like a leader by staying on until the end of the season while at the same time stay in the shadows. Romeo can prove that he is a leader of men and a players coach by continuing to be head coach until the season is over. And Clark can still be perceived to be an owner who desires continuity in a GM by allowing a GM to step down for obvious personal reasons that he was going to have to fire anyway.

There isn't a whole lot of silver linings that can come out of this terrible incident. If letting everyone involved emerge with their dignity is one, then that might be a small consolation in an otherwise no win situation on all fronts.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

The only way Pioli 'contributed' to what transpired is that he drafted Belcher and brought him here, fired the only coach who ever got anything out of him, a coach who instilled discipline and accountability...

but that doesn't add up to murdering your girfriend in front of your kid and your mom.

I'll blame Pioli for a LOT of the Chiefs' troubles...but you seriously can't put this one on Pioli.

No matter how bad things have become, no one saw this coming.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168139)
Belcher was a disturbed individual. I'm not gonna lay that at Pioli's feet.

Than it still falls on Pioli's "right 53" sorry but if all the stories are true around Arrowhead than being driven crazy is right on par.

Agent V 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Disgusting to somehow blame Pioli for this.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9168146)
The only way Pioli 'contributed' to what transpired is that he drafted Belcher and brought him here, fired the only coach who ever got anything out of him, a coach who instilled discipline and accountability...

but that doesn't add up to murdering your girfriend in front of your kid and your mom.

I'll blame Pioli for a LOT of the Chiefs' troubles...but you seriously can't put this one on Pioli.

No matter how bad things have become, no one saw this coming.

I woke up this morning to a text from my cousin and it just said "Did you hear about Belcher?" The thought of something this horrible happening never even entered my mind. I assumed maybe he was talking about Belcher getting hurt at practice or somethin...

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

So Belcher is a murderer...he was also a teammate. How would you feel if the defense ran the first play with only 10 men on the field?

Spott 12-01-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9168110)
"Draft Geno."

LMAO

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168152)
Than it still falls on Pioli's "right 53" sorry but if all the stories are true around Arrowhead than being driven crazy is right on par.

I believe that most of the reports about the culture of Arrowhead are true. I also believe that Pioli is a terrible GM and generally loathsome individual.

But he deserves zero blame or responsibility for anything that happened with Belcher today or leading up to today's events.

Goldmember 12-01-2012 02:54 PM

I hope Clark doesn't cave in to the sympathy factor and keep Pioli on board after the suicide he witnessed today. I don't think Crennel will step down after the season. Why would he pass on millions of dollars voluntarily? He saw another head coaching gig as an opportunity to set himself up for retirement.

hometeam 12-01-2012 02:54 PM

Lots of people have ****ed up lives, and still choose not to what Belcher did. And most people arent makings millions of dollars to boot.

That being said, nothing has changed about Pioli, Romeo, or Cassel, and they still all deserve to be fired.

jspchief 12-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9168156)

The amount of stupidity I've read on this board today is stunning, even knowing full well what this place is.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168152)

Then why wouldn't he have just offed Pioli before offing himself? God knows he had the opportunity. YOu know, since it was all Pioli's fault that he went crazy and everything. :rolleyes:

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9168160)
So Belcher is a murderer...he was also a teammate. How would you feel if the defense ran the first play with only 10 men on the field?

If he was the one murdered absolutely... but since he killed NO

Spott 12-01-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

How would you feel if the defense ran the first play with only 10 men on the field?

It probably wouldn't affect the way this team plays defense.

whoman69 12-01-2012 02:56 PM

There should be absolutely no connection made to the tragedy off the field to day and the tragedy that is on the field every week. Pioli needs to go. Crennel needs to go. Hunt needs to go.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 02:57 PM

BTW, I never said Pioli was responsible, I said I felt his way of running things could have added to it. Read, dont assume.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Who knows how the team will react tomorrow. It will be interesting to see.

See, I'm participating in the thread now as it was intended. Can I have my rep back eventually?

DTHOF 12-01-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9168156)

Especially, if true, he was brave enough to go out and talk him out of taking his own life.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9168135)
Why? Because of Belcher?

Shit no, because of the whole thing, man.

The Haley firing was inexcusable, 4 seasons of Matt Cassel AFTER 3 seasons of Huard/Croyle/Thigpen, letting Carr walk, Larry Johnson, the list goes on and on...but the reality is that This team has fallen flat on its face ever since Clark Hunt took over, almost from the ****ing minute it happened.

I think he's a billionaire business man who doesn't care about football, the Chiefs, fheir fans or Kansas City in general.

and I think it kinda shows. Forgive me for feeling disgusted when I look through my closet and all I see are red jerseys and red/yellow hoodies.

I feel like a ****ing chump because I have nothing else to wear.

I feel like I'm a sucker who's been duped.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-01-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9168181)
Who knows how the team will react tomorrow. It will be interesting to see.

See, I'm participating in the thread now as it was intended. Can I have my rep back eventually?

Once I spread more rep... :thumb:

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9168164)
I believe that most of the reports about the culture of Arrowhead are true. I also believe that Pioli is a terrible GM and generally loathsome individual.

But he deserves zero blame or responsibility for anything that happened with Belcher today or leading up to today's events.

Agreed. Look, regardless of how good or bad it is this is something you sign up for. Being in crappy work enviornments in the NFL are expected from certain organizations. It doesn't seem like this is due to his work life, but even if it is, it's still not his bosses fault.

lcarus 12-01-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168179)
BTW, I never said Pioli was responsible, I said I felt his way of running things could have added to it. Read, dont assume.

I can't think of a single thing Pioli could have done while running this football team to add to the mental state of someone who shot several holes in his girlfriend and then shot one hole in his own head.

rabblerouser 12-01-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9168158)
I woke up this morning to a text from my cousin and it just said "Did you hear about Belcher?" The thought of something this horrible happening never even entered my mind. I assumed maybe he was talking about Belcher getting hurt at practice or somethin...

Right. It's bizzaro Twilight Zone shit.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9168194)
I can't think of a single thing Pioli could have done while running this football team to add to the mental state of someone who shot several holes in his girlfriend and then shot one hole in his own head.

Really? :banghead:
Belcher took the cowards way out, but if you think this tragedy makes Arrowhead a friendly place to work you are so far from reality it isnt even funny.

Agent V 12-01-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 9168168)
The amount of stupidity I've read on this board today is stunning, even knowing full well what this place is.

I'm astounded. Some of this shit is cruel and abhorrent. I don't like Scott Pioli. I don't like his management style or his football decisions. I don't like his apparent arrogance. I protested and held up a sign with his face and "FRAUD" written above it. But if he were in the same room as me right now, I'd buy hin a non-alcoholic beer and give him the mother of all man hugs.

lcarus 12-01-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lprechaun (Post 9168211)
Really? :banghead:
Belcher took the cowards way out, but if you think this tragedy makes Arrowhead a friendly place to work you are so far from reality it isnt even funny.

When the hell did I say this tragedy makes Arrowhead a more friendly place to work? I'm confused as hell...

Easy 6 12-01-2012 03:03 PM

It certainly feels odd to say after all thats went down this year, but yeah, my heart goes out to Scott & Romeo big time, what an awful thing to witness.

And as others have said, they certainly deserve no blame for it.

Lprechaun 12-01-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief103182 (Post 9168212)
I'm astounded. Some of this shit is cruel and abhorrent. I don't like Scott Pioli. I don't like his management style or his football decisions. I don't like his apparent arrogance. I protested and held up a sign with his face and "FRAUD" written above it. But if he were in the same room as me right now, I'd buy hin a non-alcoholic beer and give him the mother of all man hugs.

agreed 100% what he supposedly saw is tragic. I wouldnt want to be in his shows. But that doesnt change anything. His way has broken this organization.