ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Justin Houston’s last year in KC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317601)

notorious 09-22-2018 05:49 AM

I hate that he hasn’t been on the field, and he is grossly overpaid because of it.

If he plays championship level football this year it will erase my negative thoughts towards his recent past “production”.

Tagging Ford is insanity.

COchief 09-22-2018 08:51 AM

He generally seems to play slow and looks ten years older on the field, something about that injury or maybe his motivation has fallen off. He looks like DJ 2 years ago, just doesn't have the speed or fire anymore. I will say he is fantastic at setting the edge on his side and containing and occasionally blowing up sweeps/screens/off tackle runs which is an underrated skill that doesn't always hit the stat sheets. Buttons use of him is also in question, but that is a whole other can of worms.

My general feeling on mega second contracts the last few years is just trade them or let them walk and take the 3rd. I'll take two young, healthy, hungry and relatively cheap Dee Fords/Hitchens/Raglands/Kpasses over a $20 million LB gamble any day. Same for any future Berry types, give me the Abdullah/Parker (2015ish)/3-5th round draft pick over our other $20mm gamble who took the team for every single red cent his agent could get. If one is that valuable just franchise them year to year. Essentially the modern NFL RB approach, get that cheap first contract and then make the smart business decision.

I wasn't screaming from the podium when the numbers came out on both deals, but I can say my gut feeling was they were both too much with no options for the team regarding cut/trade. ROI between 50/29 has been crap the last 3-4 years, two salaries combined are probably north of $100 million+ and in return we got one good season out of 29 and the rest are hurt/gimpy/average years between the two. Locker room/team/rah-rah stuff aside, both of those deals are a huge fail at this point.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 13749877)
man Chiefs fans love hanging onto to their fan favorites of yesteryear a year or two late.

Happens when grown men wear jerseys of other grown men.

bigjosh 09-22-2018 09:06 AM

It seems a lot more people are coming around finally. Justin Houston has been ineffective for years now.

Reerun_KC 09-22-2018 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh (Post 13751519)
It seems a lot more people are coming around finally. Justin Houston has been ineffective for years now.

You do realize that someone bought his jersey right?

saphojunkie 09-23-2018 02:03 PM

God all you morons can suck my ****ing dick. That’s Houston’s second strip sack of the season and maybe his fourth sack total without penalties away from the play.

Rausch 09-23-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13755481)
God all you morons can suck my ****ing dick. That’s Houston’s second strip sack of the season and maybe his fourth sack total without penalties away from the play.

He is by far the best player on this defense but it doesn't show up on PFF or the stat sheet so it doesn't matter.

As soon as the reigns are loosed he's a ****ing monster IMMEDIATELY.

HE'S PLAING IN THE DEFENSE.

rabblerouser 09-23-2018 02:07 PM

Send Houston and 3rd to Seattle for Earl Thomas...

Rausch 09-23-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13755550)
Send Houston and 3rd to Seattle for Earl Thomas...

Kindly go **** yourself...

rabblerouser 09-23-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13755566)
Kindly go **** yourself...

Is there any other way to do it?

Fish 09-23-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13755481)

This.

ThaVirus 09-23-2018 02:22 PM

He played well today. He should have had three sacks, if not for letting Jimmy G out of his grasp a couple times.

At any rate, the one he notched was in a huge, huge moment. If we'd have recovered the fumble you guys would be sucking his dick.

Rausch 09-23-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13755636)
Is there any other way to do it?

If you aren't a fan of Houston I'd suggest violently, but, I guess we should all get a vote in that...

...:)

TambaBerry 09-23-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13749829)
another stupid opinion on Houston lol

this again

Eleazar 09-23-2018 02:25 PM

Well he’s made one big play on the season now. That’s a step in the right direction...