ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Path Of Exile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257971)

Mr. Laz 04-01-2012 10:16 AM

Path Of Exile

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 8506703)
http://www.pathofexile.com/

Path of Exile is running a beta stress test this weekend. It is a pretty damn decent diablo clone so far.

CP'ers names

Sofa King - FistyMcTatt
Laz - xXSurazalXx
Bump - AntonChigurh
Hometeam - Biit,Shadowfalx
Setsuna - Dawnic, Yonic, and Brutic
Sofa King - Spellshocked
Killer Klown - Vlod_Drock
Pestilence - Evoldo

Mr. Laz 04-01-2012 10:19 AM

i don't know who the mods are anymore but maybe the can move the Path of Exile posts out of the Diablo III thread into this one.

there's like 8 or 9 of them cluttering up the end of the DIII thread.

thanks

Mr. Laz 04-07-2012 09:58 PM

10 dollars to play Beta now

it fun to play and quite a bit like diablo II without as many people

also without all the cheats

TrickyNicky 04-07-2012 11:26 PM

Let me know if you need any gems. I have quite a few duplicate dex and int skill gems if you need some. Account name is TrickyNicky.

Mr. Laz 04-08-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 8524961)
Let me know if you need any gems. I have quite a few duplicate dex and int skill gems if you need some. Account name is TrickyNicky.

k ... thanks

I think maybe they have it setup so you find gems opposite of you primary skills.

my sorc finds a lot of melee gems
so i created a melee character and it is good at finding stuff for dex
so then i created a Dex ranger and it finds my sorc stuff

LMAO

might just be chance :shrug:

TrickyNicky 04-08-2012 04:54 PM

My first char that I started the free weekend with rarely ever finds gems. The Marauder I started on Thursday finds at least 2 every play session. *shrugs*

Bump 04-08-2012 06:13 PM

poor timing, lol

TrickyNicky 04-08-2012 08:49 PM

Open beta is currently slated for June, and eventually the whole game will be F2P.

Mr. Laz 04-08-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8526390)
poor timing, lol

great warmup for DIII

Mr. Laz 04-09-2012 05:39 PM

Hey Tricky ... you know of any mana leech for magic?

I know you can get a mana bonus for a kill but is there any magic leech per hit?

TrickyNicky 04-09-2012 09:23 PM

If you find something with the prefix "Thirsty," it should add mana leech based on damage %. Or at least that is according to the prefix list: http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/prefixmod

Mr. Laz 04-09-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 8528995)
If you find something with the prefix "Thirsty," it should add mana leech based on damage %. Or at least that is according to the prefix list: http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/prefixmod

yea, but that is '% of physical damage"

doesn't apply to magical damage

TrickyNicky 04-09-2012 09:34 PM

There is a mana leech support gem.

Mr. Laz 04-10-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 8529059)
There is a mana leech support gem.

Do you know whether it's for all damage or just physical?

TrickyNicky 04-10-2012 04:03 PM

It would depend on the skill gem you link it with, I would assume.

Mr. Laz 04-11-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 8530936)
It would depend on the skill gem you link it with, I would assume.

i definitively need to find one then and give it a try

running out of sockets though :)

Those gems that change the sockets for an item are great. You have to have at least 2 sockets on every item to even come close to having enough.

Mr. Laz 04-12-2012 09:50 AM

wow ...

Quote:

$200,000 raised so far

Today we sent out a press release announcing that we have sold over $200,000USD of supporter packs to over 13,000 fans. 13 people have bought the Diamond Pack so far.

We're amazed by the generosity of the community and are deeply thankful. This money will help fund a substantial amount of future development and will secure the future of the game.

Of course, we're nowhere near the break-even point yet, but sales so far exceeded our expectations. Please continue to spread the word about Path of Exile!

We now support the option to upgrade from one type of supporter pack to another, if you'd like to increase the size of your contribution. Please email support@grindinggear.com to discuss this.

Fishpicker 04-17-2012 10:00 PM

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1337/uniqr.jpg

found my first unique at level 31. I'm already committed to axes though.

The passive skill tree in this game is tits. I'm going to stick with this and skip Diablo III.

Mr. Laz 04-18-2012 04:16 PM

any benefit to playing a group?

share XP(faster)
share rarity%?

Pants 04-18-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8535967)
wow ...

Good for them.

TrickyNicky 04-18-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8551785)
any benefit to playing a group?

share XP(faster)
share rarity%?

Of course. The rewards are better, but it also makes it a little more difficult.

Mr. Laz 04-18-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 8551917)
Of course. The rewards are better, but it also makes it a little more difficult.

cool ... if you ever want to do some runs, just holler.

I have a lvl 39 zoomancer witch that kills stuff pretty quick.

actually started like 6 characters at variously levels ... working on a lvl 18 Blood Ranger right now.

TrickyNicky 05-10-2012 04:27 PM

Another free weekend starts at 7pm tomorrow night and lasts through Sunday. They've patched a lot of stuff and added the final character/class, The Shadow. If you are finding yourself looking for something to do before D3, there are much worse ways to spend a weekend.

Mr. Laz 05-12-2012 11:16 AM

game is more difficult now

Mr. Laz 06-24-2012 09:27 PM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eaa9R_g1A1s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Eaa9R_g1A1s?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Sofa King 06-25-2012 07:45 AM

If you buy the BETA, everything resets before the game comes out, correct?

Mr. Laz 06-25-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8700009)
If you buy the BETA, everything resets before the game comes out, correct?

yes

I believe there are two more resets planned when it goes from closed to open beta(in july??) and when it goes completely live. I'm not sure though.

the last patch that came out made the game significantly harder(in a good way) so they seem to be headed in the right direction.

fyi - when they wipe things they haven't really deleted anything so far. They just move all the existing toons over to the 'legacy league'. All the toons and equipment are still there and you can still play them. They just know that the old toons might not work the same way with the new rule changes so they separate them. IE when DIII nerfed IAS and now those builds don't work right so they would be put in a separate league.

Sofa King 06-25-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8700105)
yes

I believe there are two more resets planned when it goes from closed to open beta(in july??) and when it goes completely live. I'm not sure though.

the last patch that came out made the game significantly harder(in a good way) so they seem to be headed in the right direction.

fyi - when they wipe things they haven't really deleted anything so far. They just move all the existing toons over to the 'legacy league'. All the toons and equipment are still there and you can still play them. They just know that the old toons might not work the same way with the new rule changes so they separate them. IE when DIII nerfed IAS and now those builds don't work right so they would be put in a separate league.

They did move those characters to a different league. It's called the "I won't ****ing play anymore" league. Apparently it's growing rapidly and has a very vocal fanbase.

The Franchise 06-25-2012 11:35 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/k8779Ff_qoc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 06-25-2012 11:41 AM

The only thing that I noticed that I'm not a fan of is the inventory slots. I ****ing HATED that in Diablo 2....you could only carry around 6 or 7 items and then you would have to town portal in to sell them. I actually like how Diablo 3 does it now with each item only taking two slots in your inventory.

Sofa King 06-25-2012 04:37 PM

Anyone have an extra Beta access key?

Otherwise, I might buy one tonight and start playing this. Anyone else thinking about starting an account?

The Franchise 06-25-2012 04:47 PM

I'll probably play it after it goes live and it's free.

That will give me enough time to play Diablo 3 and get sufficiently pissed off at it.

Sofa King 06-25-2012 05:12 PM

I said **** it and used some of the paypal i received from selling gear on the RMAH in D3 to buy the beta.

Mr. Laz 06-25-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8701032)
I said **** it and used some of the paypal i received from selling gear on the RMAH in D3 to buy the beta.

with the 10 bucks you also get game credits

i think all the game credits go to cosmetic stuff except for being able to buy extra stash space.

Sofa King 06-25-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8701037)
with the 10 bucks you also get game credits

i think all the game credits go to cosmetic stuff except for being able to buy extra stash space.

It allows me more stash spaces or more character slots.

And just warning anyone buying this.... it may or may not take the rest of your life to download and install this game. I'm not sure on the actual length yet, as it seems to have said "**** you" to me as it crawls its way to the finish line in an epic journey of toe heel toe heel foot shuffling.

Sofa King 06-25-2012 08:45 PM

LMAO LMAO

****ing ridiculous that a free to play game got so many more things right than actiblizzard did.

Jesus...

The graphics aren't as cool, but the gameplay and the "little things" have been far better.

Mr. Laz 06-25-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8701058)
It allows me more stash spaces or more character slots.

And just warning anyone buying this.... it may or may not take the rest of your life to download and install this game. I'm not sure on the actual length yet, as it seems to have said "**** you" to me as it crawls its way to the finish line in an epic journey of toe heel toe heel foot shuffling.

sorry about that, i forgot to tell you about the slow ass download.

You pretty much just need to go eat lunch or something LMAO

Fishpicker 06-26-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8701359)
LMAO LMAO

****ing ridiculous that a free to play game got so many more things right than actiblizzard did.

Jesus...

The graphics aren't as cool, but the gameplay and the "little things" have been far better.

I prefer the graphics in PoE over D3. The art direction is better and I like not having particle effects all over the screen. The monsters, human enemies, armors, and weapons have a more classic dungeon crawler design than D3 does. I lost interest in playing Diablo after I saw the character costume videos several months ago. It looked very WOWish.

I love PoE so far but I hope they can add a lot more magic (blue) skill gems. There are a lot of useful cold spells but the fire and lighting spells are too few. It would be nice to cast spells other than just elemental magic or summoning minions too.

My cold Templar build is the most powerful I could come up with. In the passives tree I just chased down cold magic bonuses. once you have most of them, you can do 600+ dps in cold spells with the right support gems.

Sofa King 06-26-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8701732)
I prefer the graphics in PoE over D3. The art direction is better and I like not having particle effects all over the screen. The monsters, human enemies, armors, and weapons have a more classic dungeon crawler design than D3 does. I lost interest in playing Diablo after I saw the character costume videos several months ago. It looked very WOWish.

I love PoE so far but I hope they can add a lot more magic (blue) skill gems. There are a lot of useful cold spells but the fire and lighting spells are too few. It would be nice to cast spells other than just elemental magic or summoning minions too.

My cold Templar build is the most powerful I could come up with. In the passives tree I just chased down cold magic bonuses. once you have most of them, you can do 600+ dps in cold spells with the right support gems.

I started a maurauder. I wanted to try to be (somewhat) original and build a two hander right out of the gate. Turns out all the Maurauders i saw in town were 2 handers. LMAO damnit!

I have ample red gems right now, only 1 green, and about 8 billion open blue slots in my gear.

Mr. Laz 06-26-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8701732)

i went through and counted the passive % increase for the elements

lightning 15 nodes for 104% increase
fire - 20 nodes for 140% increase
cold - 14 nodes for 104% increase

fire can be the strongest but 30% of that fire increase is a 5 node cluster way over by the melee side of the passives.

Templar is the closest for fire, it takes 53 total points to get all the fire nodes
Witch is the closest for cold, it takes 37 total points to get all the cold nodes
With is also the closet for lightning, 39 total points

Shadow is last in every element, especially fire where it takes 75 total point for fire compare to 53 for Templar

just nerdie fyi

:)

Mr. Laz 06-26-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8701809)
I started a maurauder. I wanted to try to be (somewhat) original and build a two hander right out of the gate. Turns out all the Maurauders i saw in town were 2 handers. LMAO damnit!

I have ample red gems right now, only 1 green, and about 8 billion open blue slots in my gear.

finding the right sockets/colors/links becomes increasingly important.

make sure you guys keep all your orbs

stuff like chromatic orbs and orb or alchemy are really important

chaos orb,fusion orbs etc ... all of them are needed later to try and craft the right equipment.

Sofa King 06-26-2012 09:20 AM

I've been saving a shitload of gear plus all my orbs and shit like that.

Bump 06-26-2012 10:18 AM

I signed up but I'm not spending money to beta test a game for them, I already did that with Diablo.

Sofa King 06-26-2012 10:28 AM

FistyMcTatt is my username on POE

Laz, you want to update the op with player usernames?

Mr. Laz 06-26-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8702170)
FistyMcTatt is my username on POE

Laz, you want to update the op with player usernames?

sure, but you don't see the acct name when you chat only the character name.

so it's hard to find people

Mr. Laz 06-26-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8702152)
I signed up but I'm not spending money to beta test a game for them, I already did that with Diablo.

i think it's only another month until open beta

Sofa King 06-26-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8702240)
sure, but you don't see the acct name when you chat only the character name.

so it's hard to find people

Well how the **** are we supposed to find each other then?

Mr. Laz 06-26-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8702246)
i think it's only another month until open beta

Upcoming Patch Schedule and Open Beta News
Friday, June 1, 2012
We expect that Path of Exile will enter Open Beta in mid-August. At that point our final character wipe will occur and the game will be permanently available for everyone to play.

Mr. Laz 06-26-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8702251)
Well how the **** are we supposed to find each other then?

i have no idea, i really haven't explored that part of the game yet.

i know you can 'friend' people and then a little popup tells you that a friend is online and where the friend is

iirc with Diablo II you only 'friended' a specific character, not the total account ... this might be the same way. :shrug:

Sofa King 06-26-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8702270)
i have no idea, i really haven't explored that part of the game yet.

i know you can 'friend' people and then a little popup tells you that a friend is online and where the friend is

iirc with Diablo II you only 'friended' a specific character, not the total account ... this might be the same way. :shrug:

You friended accounts in Diablo 2, not just a character, unless they changed it since I've been playing.

Sofa King 06-26-2012 12:12 PM

And the music in this game is awesome. It definitely plays into the environment.

Spoiler!

Mr. Laz 06-26-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8702451)
You friended accounts in Diablo 2, not just a character, unless they changed it since I've been playing.

i friended you

also shouted out your name in general chat

you either ignored me or have general chat off

LMAO

Sofa King 06-27-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8703186)
i friended you

also shouted out your name in general chat

you either ignored me or have general chat off

LMAO

I turned off general chat.

I accepted you then sent you a whisper that "You suck" last night but you didn't reply. You were level 4 at the time. I noticed later you hit level 5. gratz.

Mr. Laz 06-27-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8704562)
I turned off general chat.

I accepted you then sent you a whisper that "You suck" last night but you didn't reply. You were level 4 at the time. I noticed later you hit level 5. gratz.

Heh ... i started a barb errr .... Marauder.

melee damage is so much higher than magic ... at least at the beginning.

i wonder if it lasts into the higher levels

If you find any totems, i'll buy them from you.

I want a shock totem and a "any skill" totem

The Franchise 06-28-2012 01:52 PM

Well? Thoughts?

Sofa King 06-28-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8707660)
Well? Thoughts?

Haven't had time to play the last 2 days, and won't again tonight. But what i played that first night was encouraging. The skill tree is confusing, which is a good thing. The linear skill setup in D3 absolutely infuriates me. There's no customization.

POE is all about customization from what i can tell.

Fishpicker 06-28-2012 06:01 PM

yeah there's tons of customization in PoE. you really have to specialize and build your character to fight one way. there are so many passive skills on the skill tree you can only see 1/8th of them at a time.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/

Mr. Laz 06-28-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 8708226)
yeah there's tons of customization in PoE. you really have to specialize and build your character to fight one way. there are so many passive skills on the skill tree you can only see 1/8th of them at a time.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/

i strongly recommend using that passive skill tree planner before you start assigning any skills on your toon.

so important to plan your skill 'road'

I usually don't assign any passive skills until level 10 or so. I want to get a feel for the character and skills before i add the passive skills because they are so extensive.

NO AUTO RESPECS

The Franchise 07-11-2012 12:52 PM

Anything new?

Sofa King 07-11-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8732729)
Anything new?

Yeah. You're mom's still a whore.

Wait, that's not new at all.

Mr. Laz 07-11-2012 01:14 PM

still playing it

In process of crafting a new set of armor because i'm too squishy for Ruthless level

Hoarding as usual ... 5 mules so far and a stash STUFFED with rares(7 pages worth)

they are working on new stuff right now ... i think they will have one more patch before going to open beta next month. Probably want time to work out bugs on last patch before open.

game is still more fun than DIII

The Franchise 07-11-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8732745)
Yeah. You're mom's still a whore.

Wait, that's not new at all.

You are mom is still a whore?

Mr. Laz 07-11-2012 01:35 PM

The whole you,your,you're thing is amazing

i've caught the bug from this place too

I KNOW the difference and still catch myself screwing it up all the time.

I'm sure i still mess it up to,two,too.

Sofa King 07-11-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8732823)
You are mom is still a whore?

Honest mistake. I was going to say "You're a bundle of sticks" but i didn't want the autocorrect so i retyped it as the mom statement.

Forgot to edit the your.

So **** you.

Mr. Laz 07-24-2012 07:07 PM

Public Stress Test Weekend #3 is this Weekend!Sunday, July 22, 2012

This weekend (July 27-29) the Path of Exile Beta servers will be available for public access! We've put up a page with answers to common questions about the event here. The last two public stress test weekends were a huge success, so we look forward to hopefully breaking some records this weekend!

Imon Yourside 07-24-2012 09:53 PM

Teh game iz good!

Setsuna 07-24-2012 10:42 PM

Is it out yet or still in beta or whatever?

Mr. Laz 07-25-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8765671)
Is it out yet or still in beta or whatever?

beta

I think it's supposed to go live in the next month

for 10 bucks it's worth playing

free weekend to try it out and see if you want to play it

Setsuna 07-25-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8766431)
beta

I think it's supposed to go live in the next month

for 10 bucks it's worth playing

free weekend to try it out and see if you want to play it

:hmmm: Yeah because I've completely dropped Tera. One day I just stopped playing it. Don't know why. Thanks man. :thumb:

Mr. Laz 08-01-2012 05:16 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NQig9zRkPAY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sofa King 08-01-2012 08:00 PM

I'm leaving now, but this dude is awesome. I'll definitely check that video out when i have more time.

Imon Yourside 08-01-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8784081)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NQig9zRkPAY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spot on..exactly how i feel having played both. Diablo 3 has crisp controls and fairly smooth combat....Path of Exile does everything else better.

Mr. Laz 08-03-2012 08:46 AM

i think i want to try and build a righteous fire character

Setsuna 08-04-2012 05:58 PM

With all these F2P games out, I don't think I'm ever going to buy a P2P PC game again. That genre is dead.

Valiant 08-05-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8791167)
With all these F2P games out, I don't think I'm ever going to buy a P2P PC game again. That genre is dead.

Ohh, I will pay for planetside2 for awhile.. massive shooters are always fun with friends..

Mr. Laz 08-15-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Last week, we passed a million American dollars of supporter packs sold (after credit card fees have been deducted). Thank you all very much for your generous
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/46188

hometeam 01-24-2013 01:38 AM

Ok so i'm trying this thing on for size. Character name right now is Biit

jd1020 01-24-2013 07:23 AM

Highest level is 63 already. ROFL

Some people...

Imon Yourside 01-24-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9346635)
Highest level is 63 already. ROFL

Some people...

Ya that dude has no life, been playing and seeing his updates every few hours. Just for reference I'm all of lvl 9. lolz

Bump 01-24-2013 01:19 PM

so I downloaded this over night. STarted playing today.

Yup, this is what I want to play lol. I like this. There's a much higher learning curve than D3 and I like that. Starting to figure it all out and I'm a little blown away. this is gonna be a good game I think, I just hope the end game is nice because thats pretty much the whole purpose but so far so good.