ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Wow this tv lasted a whole year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242695)

Skyy God 03-14-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 7488965)
Thats good advice...

I could have bought about anything made but I am kinda frugal

You're much better off paying the same and buying a slightly smaller TV (e.g., 50" instead of 52").

Fixing a busted one is a PITA.

R8RFAN 03-14-2011 10:29 AM

good job but blank out the ending in numbers....

You are one.... lets see who else is telling the truth here

R8RFAN 03-14-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 7488997)
You're much better off paying the same and buying a slightly smaller TV (e.g., 50" instead of 52").

Fixing a busted one is a PITA.

I will fix it once because it's only 10 months old and they are paying the bill, ... if it dies again, I will buy better quality next time

DaFace 03-14-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 7489002)
good job but blank out the ending in numbers....

You are one.... lets see who else is telling the truth here

I'm not going to spend an hour going back month-by-month, but here's my most recent one my primary card.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1289/78896817.png

And before you ask, yes, I'll be paying the full $4923 when it's due. Right now, it's still earning me interest for another week.

Lzen 03-14-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7488292)
Probably wouldn't cost that much, but maybe a couple of hundred, I dunno, depends on who you can find to do it.

If I bought a TV larger than 32", I would consider the extended warranty if the store offers it, for just this reason. (My parents bought a giant LG, 50" or 60", at Brandsmart. They bought the extended warranty. I told them they wasted their money. Until less than a year later, the converter fried. Someone came out, took it apart, ordered a converter, came back in a week, put it in, TV works fine again.)

I bought a 42" refurb Vizio in 2007 from Tiger Direct. Then I bought a 3 year extended warranty from Vizio for $150. Never had to use the warranty, though.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2011 11:13 AM

How many CC do you have mikey? Just curious.

Lzen 03-14-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 7488453)
What an idiot ! Debit cards take your money straight from your account. A credit card gives you 30 days to pay for it in full. Personally I've used the 0% credit card offers for over 25 years and NEVER paid a lick of interest. People that pay cash for everything and have to resort to debit cards are for the most part people that have no discipline.

That's great if you can do that and have the discipline to maintain that way of doing things. And I don't think even Dave Ramsey would have a problem with you doing that. You see, despite what many on here may think of him, he is actually pretty smart and handles each person on an individual basis. That being said, many Americans are in a lot of debt. And part of that is because they don't have the discipline to pay off the cc purchases every month.

mikeyis4dcats. 03-14-2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7489123)
How many CC do you have mikey? Just curious.

including the one I signed up for last night, 8 I believe. I use one primary card for purchases, one for specific purchases that get me a great benefit, and several aren't used at all that are either old primary cards or ones I signed up for bonus offers like I outlined above.

I've also had another 6 or 7 that I have closed over the years.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7489148)
including the one I signed up for last night, 8 I believe. I use one primary card for purchases, one for specific purchases that get me a great benefit, and several aren't used at all that are either old primary cards or ones I signed up for bonus offers like I outlined above.

Gotcha. Seems like a lot to me, but having that credit there in an emergency situation would be nice.

Over-Head 03-14-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 7488768)
Oh yea, we can carjack someone on the way too...:spock:
Lots of carjackings go on everyday in this town of about 15 thousand

even more on my island of 3000 and 181 cars

Hays 03-14-2011 11:32 AM

I had same issue was the projection bulb 80 bucks

Lzen 03-14-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7489148)

Damn, you're buying the beer next time we go to Skinny's.

:p

mikeyis4dcats. 03-14-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 7489171)
Gotcha. Seems like a lot to me, but having that credit there in an emergency situation would be nice.

Your credit score is partially based on available credit, but you also take a hit for closing accounts.

My credit score today is around 800-820.

I totally get the credit card debt trap...in fact I fell into it hard myself years ago and have paid off over 30k in credit card debt.

But that doesn't make credit cards evil....any more than a gun is evil. Both are a tool.....how you use it is on you.

Mr. Plow 03-14-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7489223)
Your credit score is partially based on available credit, but you also take a hit for closing accounts.

I totally get the credit card debt trap...in fact I fell into it hard myself years ago and have paid off over 30k in credit card debt.

But that doesn't make credit cards evil....any more than a gun is evil. Both are a tool.....how you use it is on you.

Wife & I have a few cards between us. I've been bad about them for awhile and just recently decided it was time to put a stop to it - I've got her card paid down almost to $0 and then going to start on mine. Going to start using them monthly for a few things and then pay them off each month. But it'll be nice to have something to fall back on when the inevitable emergency happens and we need $4000 right now.

Saul Good 03-14-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 7489223)

I agree with this to an extent, but a credit card would be like a gun if 3 out of 5 gun owners shoot someone every year.

# Approximately 74.9 percent of the U.S. families surveyed in 2004 had credit cards, and 58 percent of those families carried a balance. In 2001, 76.2 percent of families had credit cards, and 55 percent of those families carried a balance. (Source: Federal Reserve Bulletin, February 2006)

# About a quarter have no credit cards, and an additional 30 percent or so pay off their balances every month. (Source: Federal Reserve Board survey of consumer finances, 2004)

Average credit card debt per household with credit card debt: $14,750

Average APR on credit card with a balance on it: 13.67 percent, as of November 2010 (Source: Federal Reserve's G.19 report on consumer credit, November 2010)

Read more: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-ca...#ixzz1GbNcy6K4
Compare credit cards here - CreditCards.com

Read more: http://www.creditcards.com/credit-ca...#ixzz1GbN3nFF9

So only 30% of the population has credit cards without a balance, and the average debt is pushing $15,000. Given the average rate charged, the average household pays over $2,000 in interest per year or about 5% of their gross income.