ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Walt Disney World (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133525)

Silock 07-08-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmaddog (Post 4833810)
Backstage tours are expensive....if you are looking for something inexpensive and fun try the Chip-N-Dale Campfire Sing Along at Fort Wilderness one evening. About the only cost is food/drinks if you don't take it yourself. You get the chance to roast marshmallows, have a sing-along, and see 1 or 2 Disney movies all outdoors. Bring a blanket and sit on the ground or sit in the bleachers.

Depending on the time of year, go to Downtown Disney in the evening. There is usually some type of free entertainment at the stage area near the World of Disney Store. Go early enough, buy some ice cream at Ghiradelli's Ice Cream Parlor and crowd watch waiting for the evening festivities.

If you just want to kill an evening and not spend any money and are staying on property, take a tour of all the Disney hotels. The most interesting is the Animal Kingdom Lodge, where you can sit out back of the hotel around a small campfire. Occasionally you will catch a glimpse of one of the animals in the savannah.

One of the fund things to do at each resort is search for the "hidden Mickey's" that are in each resort. A couple of the resorts make a game out of it for the kids, replete with clues to their whereabouts and a prize for locating all of them at the resort.

If you have some time and don't mind forking over $40 you can rent a boat and go out on the Seven Seas Lagoon that is in front of The Magic Kingdom.

These are just a few of the inexpensive things that you can do...if these are your cup of tea, send me a PM telling me what you are specifically looking for and I can help you.

mmaddog

The boat thing sounds neat. The main thing is that we all want to do something unusual.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The car stunt show was really cool. Definitely try to catch this if you go to Hollywood Studios.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
More car stunts.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of pics for Goat Boy. The Star Tours ride wasn't half bad.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:08 AM

Fantasmic

2 Attachment(s)
Most of the pics of the Fantasmic show didn't come out too well. Here are a couple of the better ones. This show is also worth seeing. As an added benefit, it gives you a chance to sit down for awhile and rest. That was much needed after an entire day of walking around and standing in lines in mid 90s heat and humidity.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:10 AM

Hollywood Studios - High School Musical show

2 Attachment(s)
The wife took the girl to see the High School Musical show. Thank goodness I was on another ride with the boys and didn't have to endure this. My little girl loves it, though. She got up there and danced with them.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And if that wasn't enough proof, check out the shirt.

Lzen 07-08-2008 09:12 AM

I'll post some more pics later. I still have a ton from Animal Kingdom. Not really much from Epcot for some reason.

CoMoChief 07-08-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 4834264)
I'll post some more pics later. I still have a ton from Animal Kingdom. Not really much from Epcot for some reason.

Epcot sucks. By far the worst park there.

Mr. Plow 07-08-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 4834219)
The boat thing sounds neat. The main thing is that we all want to do something unusual.

Gay Days?

DaKCMan AP 07-08-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4834278)
Epcot sucks. By far the worst park there.

I've been to all of the parks many many many times, and I highly disagree.

Silock 07-08-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 4834294)
Gay Days?

I said "unusual."

Silock 07-08-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 4834335)
I've been to all of the parks many many many times, and I highly disagree.

Agreed.

My faves:
1a. Animal Kingdom
1b. Epcot
3. Magic Kingdom
4. MGM