ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Vicodin, Does it work for you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=215898)

MikeMaslowski 10-09-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6156300)
The danger of taking too much Vicodin is that it has a shitload of acetaminophen (Tylenol) in it and if you take more than 4000mg of Tylenol a day for for too long, your liver will go to shit and I mean SHIT. FDA is about to change a lot of laws regarding combination meds (with Tylenol) due to massive amounts of liver failures. Percocet is the same except it has Oxycodone in it instead of Hydrocodone and that's pretty much like heroin. Take enough Oxycodone (chronic pain, years worth), there's no getting off that shit, the doctors will be increasing the doses until you're wearing patches (Fentanyl), sucking lollipops and popping pills 24/7 just to sustain the opiate addiction... the good thing is that opiate tolerance pretty much has no ceiling, the bad thing is that it gets really really expensive.

It's really scary.

Wow, that shit was intense. Thanks. I think I might try to pay an Italian Chiropractor....

tmax63 10-09-2009 05:50 PM

You sound like a Pharmacist Metro. I'm a lowly tech and couldn't of said it any better.

listopencil 10-09-2009 05:55 PM

I was prescribed Vicodin a while back, did nothing for me by itself. It worked well when I mixed it with ibuprofen and beer though.

rockymtnchief 10-09-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6156252)
Show off. :p

I should've worded it different. I was in tears for two months.

booger 10-09-2009 06:32 PM

had reconstructive ankle/foot surg and had Percocet for that. Didn't do much as i had a staff infection with high fever after that. I needed to take more than i did each day but my Surgon acted like he would prefer not to refill the original dose. So i tryed to only take them when it was extreme pain.

Had Codene a few times. One with cough surup for pneumonia. Also combined w/tylenol as a prescipt for 2 disk problems.

Now Vicodin for the back issues. Probably need surgury since i get the pain down both legs at times and sometimes just one leg. I wear a weight lifting belt that has a wide back to it for better support when i am on my feet all day. Otherwise i try to strech out the hamstrings a couple times a day. Releives some of the back pain. Other wise i lay on a flat surface and relax and try chiropractic adjustments of my hips and lower back. Some days it's a bitch to even walk around.

crispystl 10-09-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 6155988)
Neither vicodin or percocet do much for me. :(

You have to mix a little alcohol. One or two beers will do a pretty good job.

bevischief 10-09-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOhn (Post 6155797)
I prefer Oxycotin or Ms, of course that's why I don't take it anymore...I Like it to much.

Seriously some people have a very high tolerance for some type of meds. Vincodi (Hydrocodone) never worked for me, so they always used Percocet(Oxycodon) instead, at least tell I built to much of a tolerance.

just a word of warning, all that shit can be addictive as hell, and I'm speaking from experience.:doh!:

For my burns for me Vincodin worked better than Percocet difference of night and day....

Steron 10-09-2009 07:20 PM

I always preferred Percs. I took them after my knee surgery and several pilonidal cyst operations. I can easily see how people could get hooked on them.

Fairplay 10-09-2009 07:39 PM

Vicodin will help your pain, but it never really gave me a buzz, unless alcohol is involved.

I take it now and then still but only if i really need them.

NewChief 10-09-2009 07:44 PM

That level of pill doesn't do jack shit to me until I throw a drink or two on top of it. At that point... watch out. Good times. I stay away from them for the most part because of that. I could be a pill head way too easily.

AndChiefs 10-09-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 6156318)
Wow, that shit was intense. Thanks. I think I might try to pay an Italian Chiropractor....

He's not kidding. I have some crazy stories of customers coming in and "needing" their medicine right away. 9.9999/10 times the medicine they needed was percocet/vicodin. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to be honest.

sedated 10-09-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6156665)
Vicodin will help your pain, but it never really gave me a buzz, unless alcohol is involved.

that.

I didn't realize how effective the vicodin was at stopping the pain until I didn't take it when I tried to go back to work. (that shit makes me sleepy as all hell too)

MikeMaslowski 10-09-2009 07:49 PM

Well, it's almost 4 a.m. here. I took three and had a beer. I cannot fugging sleep. But I don't have a high like it's speed. Just feel a bit fidgety. I have class at 9. I don't think I will continue to take this stuff.

4th and Long 10-09-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 6156394)
You sound like a Pharmacist Metro. I'm a lowly tech and couldn't of said it any better.

Tech or CPhT?

Fairplay 10-09-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMaslowski (Post 6156691)
Well, it's almost 4 a.m. here. I took three and had a beer. I cannot fugging sleep. But I don't have a high like it's speed. Just feel a bit fidgety. I have class at 9. I don't think I will continue to take this stuff.

Don't do more then that man. Not good for your body.

Have 911 on your speed dial. lol