ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Vicodin, Does it work for you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=215898)

rtmike 10-09-2009 03:13 PM

I don't mess with the Vikes. I pop 6-8 oxy's a day for my back. Dr. says the pain is prolly from the bird cage they used to put my spine back together.

I go in for an injection in a couple weeks, usually helps for a while.

MikeMaslowski 10-09-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 6156010)
They didn't do anything for my back pain. No pills did.

I had 2 herniated disk at L4 and L5 (well documented on here) and got several Steroid injections for 6 years until they finally did surgery once the injections stopped working.

Yeah, I don't know what these Army Docs are doing. They say that my spine is twisted (not curved like in normal scoliosis) and it cause my left side of my back muscles to constantly spasm. They say that there is nothing that they can do to fix it, so I'm stuck on Flexeril and now Vicodin. I'm a 25 year old guy who jumps out of airplanes and needs to live at least another 50 years... am I gonna be stuck on drugs the entire time?? That's what I'm most worried about.

patteeu 10-09-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 6155861)
I got that after a car accident a few years ago. It helped the pain, but I didn’t get a buzz until I took 4 or so, but then after a few days of taking that dose I stopped getting a buzz. I didn’t think it was anything special.

I don't think you're as likely to get a buzz when you're actually taking it to relieve pain.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-09-2009 03:16 PM

Just get some good skag from your local Mexicans; that'll fix it.

seclark 10-09-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6155973)
Makes me puke pretty quickly. I can't keep them down long enough for it to do any good. Pain pills and I don't dance very well together. Morphine sends me to Wonderland. I've done some crazy out-of-my-mind shit every time I've had to take morphine. Nurses hated me when I was on morphine. Made me confused and angry.

i was on morphine for 4 weeks in the hospital several years back. one of those deals where you can push the button and it gives you a dose. only thing was, it would only give me a dose every 15 minutes.

push button
scratch head
scratch legs
scratch balls
push button again

constantly sweated like a whore in church.
sec

Iowanian 10-09-2009 03:35 PM

I can't take any of that stuff. Anything stronger than Tylenol 3 hurts my guts more than it's worth.

It's Tylenol and a stick to chew on for me.

I've probably got 2-3 bottles of that type of stuff with 1 missing I need to get rid of before some kid or druggie finds.

Morphine drip gave me terrible hallucinations and horrible dreams. hated it.

Demonpenz 10-09-2009 04:18 PM

we used to snort it and do a shot of crown. and play that blues song

I'm I man...way past 21...then I would have to my sisters house to see if my brother was stirring the sauce

Priest31kc 10-09-2009 04:36 PM

Vicodin does nothing for me either. Took 3 one night, 2 5MG, 1 7.5 MG, and felt nothing really.

tonyetony 10-09-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6156026)
I don't think you're as likely to get a buzz when you're actually taking it to relieve pain.

I have noticed that exact phenomenon myself.

rockymtnchief 10-09-2009 04:40 PM

Had my ribs put thru my lung and liver. Vicodin didn't help the pain one bit. I had to tough it out.

patteeu 10-09-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 6156244)
Had my ribs put thru my lung and liver. Vicodin didn't help the pain one bit. I had to tough it out.

Show off. :p

4th and Long 10-09-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 6155816)

ROFL

Pants 10-09-2009 05:07 PM

The danger of taking too much Vicodin is that it has a shitload of acetaminophen (Tylenol) in it and if you take more than 4000mg of Tylenol a day for for too long, your liver will go to shit and I mean SHIT. FDA is about to change a lot of laws regarding combination meds (with Tylenol) due to massive amounts of liver failures. Percocet is the same except it has Oxycodone in it instead of Hydrocodone and that's pretty much like heroin. Take enough Oxycodone (chronic pain, years worth), there's no getting off that shit, the doctors will be increasing the doses until you're wearing patches (Fentanyl), sucking lollipops and popping pills 24/7 just to sustain the opiate addiction... the good thing is that opiate tolerance pretty much has no ceiling, the bad thing is that it gets really really expensive.

It's really scary.

Fish 10-09-2009 05:12 PM

Mmmmmmmm... Opiates.........

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ETNc90p_gd...er+drool+2.gif

Reaper16 10-09-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 6155816)

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._3596081_n.jpg