ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Geoff Schwarz on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272529)

RunKC 04-26-2013 03:49 PM

Gotta wonder if we will draft another OL with the 54th pick if Albert goes to Miami.

And yes Fisher will be a better LT than Albert was last year. He'll play more games, he'll be better than 17th on PFF and I'll bet that there is a strong chance he'll be the 3rd LT on the AFC team in Hawaii.

OnTheWarpath15 04-26-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9632268)
FYP

I keep seeing this, and it tells me people just don't get how comp picks work.

OnTheWarpath15 04-26-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9632274)
Gotta wonder if we will draft another OL with the 54th pick if Albert goes to Miami.

And yes Fisher will be a better LT than Albert was last year. He'll play more games, he'll be better than 17th on PFF and I'll bet that there is a strong chance he'll be the 3rd LT on the AFC team in Hawaii.

Unless:

a.) Miami is willing to make a deal without giving Albert a physical, or

b.) Miami was allowed to give him a physical already and it hasn't been leaked,

Then he's not going anywhere.

We're stuck, people.

Jeff Ireland of all people just outsmarted our new GM.

AustinChief 04-26-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9632215)
Oh yeah...no reason to improve the team...none at all.

You improve the team by trading Albert for a pick and/or a player. Or you keep him at a ridiculously overpriced 1 year salary and lose him regardless... that's brilliant!!!!!!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-26-2013 03:52 PM

It's an amazing phenomenon to me that fans will turn on a player faster if they feel he's asking for too much money than if he's a complete shit human being who asks for a fair salary.

jd1020 04-26-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9632277)

Do you know how the comp pick works?

If he walks in FA the Chiefs are looking at some kind of compensation. Unless they sign another FA of equal value or team of FAs.

OnTheWarpath15 04-26-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9632286)
Do you know how the comp pick works?

If he walks in FA the Chiefs are looking at some kind of compensation. Unless they sign another FA of equal value or team of FAs.

It's based on how many players you lose versus how many you sign, and the quality of each.

Branden Albert walking next year doesn't guarantee us a goddamn thing.

Quote:

Picks are awarded to teams that have lost more or better compensatory free agents than they signed in the previous year. Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks.

jd1020 04-26-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9632284)
It's an amazing phenomenon to me that fans will turn on a player faster if they feel he's asking for too much money than if he's a complete shit human being who asks for a fair salary.

I still like Albert. I want him to be a Chief. But at this point, it doesn't make sense. He's not seeing eye to eye with the Chiefs. They just drafted a guy at 1.1 to eventually be LT. Alberts gone one way or another and I prefer the Chiefs get the most they can in return.

OnTheWarpath15 04-26-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Rausch 04-26-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

And the fans being those of a notoriously cheap franchise...

BossChief 04-26-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9632282)
Unless:

a.) Miami is willing to make a deal without giving Albert a physical, or

b.) Miami was allowed to give him a physical already and it hasn't been leaked,

Then he's not going anywhere.

We're stuck, people.

Jeff Ireland of all people just outsmarted our new GM.

Albert wants traded and is in Miami. He lives there.

I doubt getting a physical done would be that hard to get done.

saphojunkie 04-26-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9632277)

Maybe I'm confused. We wouldn't get a compensatory pick?

-King- 04-26-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9632264)
Yeah. I am.

He was drafted to play left tackle. If Albert is still here, he won't be forever. I don't see why we should hold up any long term plans for having one year of Albert staying at LT.

Fisher playing left tackle is not what I was talking about.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-26-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9632291)
I still like Albert. I want him to be a Chief. But at this point, it doesn't make sense. He's not seeing eye to eye with the Chiefs. They just drafted a guy at 1.1 to eventually be LT. Alberts gone one way or another and I prefer the Chiefs get the most they can in return.

And that's fine, but the vitriol against Albert is ****ing ridiculous. Yeah, he's asking for too much money, but now posters want to kick him to the curb and impugn his character in the process, acting like he's a bad teammate and some kind of amazingly selfish asshole when the Chiefs would cut his ass in a microsecond if they didn't feel his back was actually up to snuff.

RunKC 04-26-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

We don't hate Albert. He's a good solid player. But I don't know how anyone can possibly make an argument that Albert deserves to be one of top 5 or 6 highest paid LT's in the NFL.