ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Alligator drags child into water at Disney's Grand Floridian hotel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300386)

Deberg_1990 06-14-2016 10:18 PM

Alligator drags child into water at Disney's Grand Floridian hotel

Wow

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...614-story.html

Deputies were searching late Tuesday night for a toddler who was dragged into the water by an alligator near Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa earlier in the evening, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The 2-year-old child was dragged into the Seven Seas Lagoon about 9:30 p.m., Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Rose Silva said.

Deputies were searching the waters and put crime-scene tape around area to block it off. Multiple emergency vehicles filled the front drive of the Victorian-style hotel and a helicopter hovered overhead.

The child, whose name was not available, has not been found as of 11 p.m.

Some witnesses said they saw the toddler along the beach near the water, but no eye-witnesses to him being dragged into the water by an alligator were available for comment Tuesday night.

The hotel is an upscale luxury resort owned by Disney. It is one of three hotels on the monorail line, just one stop away from the Magic Kingdom Park.

Hotel guest A.J. Jain and his family were visiting Disney from Georgia and said he and his kids were playing on the beach near the scene of the incident earlier Tuesday.

“I’m just here to say a prayer,” he said. “I can’t imagine what those parents are going through. It’s been one tough week in Orlando.”

It is not clear if the missing child was staying at the hotel.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

srvy 06-14-2016 10:38 PM

Damn poor kid but whats a 2 year old doing wandering the banks anyway?

Demonpenz 06-14-2016 11:38 PM

cold blooded

ThaVirus 06-15-2016 12:30 AM

This is like the 4th day in a row some really ****ed up shit has happened in Orlando

Silock 06-15-2016 01:38 AM

This is why you stay out of the damn water in Florida.

Rasputin 06-15-2016 01:41 AM

CHOOT IT CHOOT IT

Coochie liquor 06-15-2016 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 12276330)
This is why you stay out of the damn water in Florida.

So visit the state with the best beaches in the country and don't get in the water? I think the parents should have been much closer to the toddler who was playing near the water.

WhawhaWhat 06-15-2016 05:10 AM

I assume that would be one reason that they have No Swimming signs next to those lakes.

LOCOChief 06-15-2016 05:18 AM

Fl fresh water, No swimming. Somebody had been feeding that gator, probably the grounds maintenance throwing their chicken bones after lunch.

HonestChieffan 06-15-2016 06:05 AM

Imagine the wrecks as lawyers speed to the hotel.

Deberg_1990 06-15-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12276278)
Damn poor kid but whats a 2 year old doing wandering the banks anyway?

Sounds like he dad wasn't too far away. Dad tried to save him. What a nightmare

Demings said the Nebraska family of five was relaxing on the shoreline when the alligator attacked the boy. The father entered the water and tried to pry the child from the gator, but was unsuccessful. He had scratches on his hands after the ordeal.

Bwana 06-15-2016 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 12276368)
Fl fresh water, No swimming. Somebody had been feeding that gator, probably the grounds maintenance throwing their chicken bones after lunch.

I watched the same thing happen in San Pedro Belize. Some kid was putting on a show every night at a lagoon feeding huge crocks dead chickens. Eventually someone got nailed. Crocs and gators are kind of like bison or moose, they look slow, but in reality they move a lot faster than people think.

LOCOChief 06-15-2016 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12276382)
I watched the same thing happen in San Pedro Belize. Some kid was putting on a show every night at a lagoon feeding huge crocks dead chickens. Eventually someone got nailed. Crocs and gators are kind of like bison or moose, they look slow, but in reality they move a lot faster than people think.

They are quick and if they've been fed by humans they're more apt to be a problem. If they haven't had any interaction with humans they're usually not an issue. Either way you don't let your 2 year old by the edge of water even if standing next to them. Dogs get eaten all the time here and even smart or alert dog will never see it coming.

Katipan 06-15-2016 07:09 AM

Guess I'm never moving to Florida. And after the spiders comment in the other thread I'm not too excited about the north either.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-15-2016 07:10 AM

I would rather stand at the edge of Florida fresh water than read another one of your threads.