ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Article: Chiefs Most Likely Landing Spot for Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269947)

RyFo18 02-12-2013 12:03 AM

Article: Chiefs Most Likely Landing Spot for Foles

Now that Vick has re-signed with Philly, it makes sense that this stuff would start coming out given the Reid/Foles connection.

Quote:

Chiefs a logical landing spot if Nick Foles is dealt

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: Feb. 11, 2013 at 08:12 p.m. Updated: Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:06 a.m.

Chip Kelly said Monday it was his "hope" the Philadelphia Eagles will have both Michael Vick and Nick Foles on the roster come Week 1.

Kelly called it an "open competition" at quarterback and stressed that Foles was kept in the loop on the Eagles' thinking in restructuring Vick's deal. It certainly doesn't sound like the Eagles are about to ship Foles out of town.

That said, Kelly didn't rule out a possible trade. Around The League checked in with NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah, who served as the Eagles' west coast scout from 2010-12. Jeremiah doesn't know the Eagles' internal thinking on the matter, but he pointed to the Kansas City Chiefs as a potential trade fit.

The logic is simple: Andy Reid took over as head coach of the Chiefs last month after 14 seasons in Philadelphia. His staff includes Doug Pederson, the former Eagles' quarterbacks coach who now serves as the Chiefs' offensive coordinator. Foles' skill-set is ideally suited for the West Coast offense, and he spent his rookie season learning the Reid playbook in Philadelphia.

"I know both Andy Reid and Doug Pederson were very high on Nick Foles and his future," Jeremiah said. "They were huge supporters through the entire process and believe in him greatly.

"I would think they would explore that opportunity if it presented itself."

Reid and Pederson love Foles' size and accuracy, two traits they covet at the position. And while we don't imagine the Eagles would bend over backwards to help Reid, it certainly helps that the divorce between coach and team was largely amicable. That Reid now operates in a different conference doesn't hurt, either.

Kelly said Monday that every NFL team needs two quarterbacks. There's logic to that, especially when Vick is one of them. But if Reid wanted Foles enough, the Eagles would have to at least listen.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

CHENZ A! 02-12-2013 12:09 AM

6th maybe

CoMoChief 02-12-2013 12:11 AM

(countdown to the end of the world)

philfree 02-12-2013 12:15 AM

I'm down for Foles..........

and Geno Smith.

Messier 02-12-2013 12:22 AM

I like Foles. I think a rookie plus Foles would be good, but I fear we'd have to give too high a pick.

Imon Yourside 02-12-2013 01:00 AM

Cassel straight up?

Chiefshrink 02-12-2013 01:32 AM

I guess Andy feels he must finish what he started.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 01:48 AM

When Jimmy Johnson got to Dallas he pretty much immediately picked up two QBs: Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh. He got Walsh in the supplemental draft. He honestly didn't know who was gonna be his QB, he was hedging his bets, and he picked Walsh because he was his QB at Miami.

I don't have a problem with us trading a pick for Foles, even something as high as a third. I don't see any QB prospects in the third being any better, and none that Reid would have a better familiarity with.

Oh yeah, and Jimmy flipped Walsh for 3 draft picks a year later so...it was all good.

Sorter 02-12-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9395973)
I guess Andy feels he must finish what he started.

http://i.minus.com/ib1Yjrx6EKw7Db.gif

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 02:02 AM

I don't mind Foles at all for the right price assuming that we are also getting one in the draft. I could live with Geno and Foles. I wouldn't want to give up more than a 4th for him and not sure we could get him for that.

AussieChiefsFan 02-12-2013 02:09 AM

And now onto foles :facepalm:

Hasn't Chip kelly said theyll be battling for the starting role in camp though?

kcxiv 02-12-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9396004)
And now onto foles :facepalm:

Hasn't Chip kelly said theyll be battling for the starting role in camp though?

Coaches say one thing then do another, who knows thought.

One thing all of Chiefs fans can agree is that we need to somehow get at least 2 qb's and make sure Quinn and Cassel are off the team.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-12-2013 05:59 AM

"Reid and Pederson love Foles' size..."

I've wondered if Reid doesn't like his QBs sturdily built. Then there is Stafford, who is built well but is injured too often.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 06:03 AM

Would they pleeeeease shut up about this slapdick

DaKCMan AP 02-12-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9395984)
When Jimmy Johnson got to Dallas he pretty much immediately picked up two QBs: Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh. He got Walsh in the supplemental draft. He honestly didn't know who was gonna be his QB, he was hedging his bets, and he picked Walsh because he was his QB at Miami.

I don't have a problem with us trading a pick for Foles, even something as high as a third. I don't see any QB prospects in the third being any better, and none that Reid would have a better familiarity with.

Oh yeah, and Jimmy flipped Walsh for 3 draft picks a year later so...it was all good.

JFC you're stupid. Yeah, lets give the 1st pick in the 3rd round for a QB who was taken at the bottom of the 3rd round a year ago, started 6 games last year throwing for 6TDs, 5ints, and had a QB rating of 79.

:spock:

007 02-12-2013 06:14 AM

If any other team has pick 1.1 they are all talking QB. Why can't the chiefs have nice things?

RealSNR 02-12-2013 06:20 AM

Foles is garbage. Utter garbage.

Stay away from that shitshow.

ChiefMojo 02-12-2013 06:26 AM

Everyone is getting caught up with draft Geno and only Geno... well there is a strong possibility we will bring back NONE of the QB's on roster and at worst Stanzi. So we still need to get another QB. Either we draft two QB's or we are getting a FA QB to go along with the drafted QB. The pure thought of bringing in a FA QB sends most of you into a death spiral.

Would you rather have Foles for a 3rd ronder or have to draft someone like EJ Manuel or Zac Dysert in the 3rd/4th round. Personally I'd much rather take Foles.

Then there is always Alex Smith.......

RealSNR 02-12-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9396072)
Everyone is getting caught up with draft Geno and only Geno... well there is a strong possibility we will bring back NONE of the QB's on roster and at worst Stanzi. So we still need to get another QB. Either we draft two QB's or we are getting a FA QB to go along with the drafted QB. The pure thought of bringing in a FA QB sends most of you into a death spiral.

Would you rather have Foles for a 3rd ronder or have to draft someone like EJ Manuel or Zac Dysert in the 3rd/4th round. Personally I'd much rather take Foles.

Foles sucks.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9396072)

They'll sign a vet backup and I can see them keeping Stanzi. Pissing away an early 3rd on Foles would be an abortion.

ChiefMojo 02-12-2013 06:31 AM

But do the Chiefs deem there to be a QB ready to start day 1 from this draft? Sure if you ask the "fans" there are at least 3-4 guys that will be ready to play at a high level day one but it is apparent many in the NFL don't believe that with this years QB class. That is why you see so many beat the FA QB drum.

Well that is a fine to say SNR about Foles but what if the NFL people think Geno sucks? Just saying.

OzarksChiefsFan 02-12-2013 06:32 AM

I liked Foles better than any other QB past the first round. He throws receivers open. I watched all his tape last year and was hoping the Chiefs would draft him. Give em a 3rd and less take em.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9396076)
But do the Chiefs deem there to be a QB ready to start day 1 from this draft? Sure if you ask the "fans" there are at least 3-4 guys that will be ready to play at a high level day one but it is apparent many in the NFL don't believe that with this years QB class. That is why you see so many beat the FA QB drum.

Sign Hasselbeck. Or Matt Moore. Or ****ing Bruce Gradkowski.

The first pick in the 3rd round for Foles would be an abortion. GIANT abortion.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9396076)

Well that is a fine to say SNR about Foles but what if the NFL people think Geno sucks? Just saying.

You are talking about the same "NFL people" that say Geno never played in a pro style offense. Their are a bunch of clueless ****s covering the league.

ChiefMojo 02-12-2013 06:34 AM

To you yes but the Chiefs and many the NFL maybe wouldn't see it that way. Again they may not see any QB in this class ready to start day one.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 06:34 AM

What if NFL people think Geno sucks but think Nick Foles is awesome?

What if unicorns break open my door and anally rape me with their horns?

RealSNR 02-12-2013 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9396081)
You are talking about the same "NFL people" that say Geno never played in a pro style offense. Their are a bunch of clueless ****s covering the league.

Fun fact:

Nick Foles and Geno Smith played in the same offense in college.

The difference: One QB was good and the other one ****ing sucked. Guess which one is which?

KChiefer 02-12-2013 06:37 AM

At least Reid had a year to work with Foles to see what he's made of. If he still wants the guy, it's hard to argue it's a bad move.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2013 06:38 AM

Didn't chip just state yesterday that he was going to hold an open QB competition between foles and Vick...?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396084)
Fun fact:

Nick Foles and Geno Smith played in the same offense in college.

The difference: One QB was good and the other one ****ing sucked. Guess which one is which?

Nuh-uh. Foles is white he played pro style. Geno to dumb/dumbass redneck hillbilly

Messier 02-12-2013 06:39 AM

Gee, all the people that want to wed Geno Smith in a private ceremony for just friends and family hate Foles, unreasonably so. Foles shows promise, but after less than half a season in his rookie year,with a bad o line, he sucks! Just say it he sucks translation: he threatens Geno with the first pick.

Unsmooth-Moment 02-12-2013 06:39 AM

I'd give a 4th for him.. Still need to draft one in the first.

munkey 02-12-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9396081)

And to think...they get PAID for being clueless ****s...rolf...where do I apply?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munkey (Post 9396093)
And to think...they get PAID for being clueless ****s...rolf...where do I apply?

Pioli got a GM job. I don't see you doing toooo much worse :eek:

ChiefRocka 02-12-2013 06:45 AM

Foles passes the eye test. He played well behind the worst oline in football last year.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2013 06:46 AM

Can he throw it beyond 10 yards?

mcaj22 02-12-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9396097)

oh my god yes he can lol

RealSNR 02-12-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9396091)
Gee, all the people that want to wed Geno Smith in a private ceremony for just friends and family hate Foles, unreasonably so. Foles shows promise, but after less than half a season in his rookie year,with a bad o line, he sucks! Just say it he sucks translation: he threatens Geno with the first pick.

Nick Foles was an Air Raid QB with accuracy issues in college. He had absolutely no understanding of the timing and touch it requires to get that offense working correctly. He just shit crap out of his ass like Matt Cassel does when "everything was covered down field." I thought Foles was a shitty QB coming into the draft and I still think he's a shitty QB.

In the pros, behind a subpar offensive line, he put up putrid stats. Most of those 6 TDs came in garbage time action against teams like the Cowboys.

If we were meeting face-to-face, I would ask you to look me square in the eye and tell me Nick Foles could potentially be a good pro QB. And if you did that without laughing, I'D laugh at you for being a ****ing dumbass.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9396095)
Foles passes the eye test. He played well behind the worst oline in football last year.

ROFL You comparing him only to Cassel or something.

Dave Lane 02-12-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396080)
Sign Hasselbeck. Or Matt Moore. Or ****ing Bruce Gradkowski.

The first pick in the 3rd round for Foles would be an abortion. GIANT abortion.

Really it's like a 2nd rounder. I'd be ok for a 5-7th but yeah I'd rather sign one of the 3 slapdicks

Pasta Little Brioni 02-12-2013 07:38 AM

Let troublemakers Bowe and Albert walk
Use money saved to get Jackson (gotsta have bruiser)
Sign Alex Smith
3rd for Foles
4th for Cousins
Jekyll number 1 overall
Trade up for Warmack
Championship bitches!!!!

KC_Lee 02-12-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9396124)
Let troublemakers Bowe and Albert walk
Use money saved to get Jackson (gotsta have bruiser)
Sign Alex Smith
3rd for Foles
4th for Cousins
Jekyll number 1 overall
Trade up for Warmack
Championship bitches!!!!

The 1996 Chiefs support this idea 100%!!!!

ct 02-12-2013 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9395905)
I'm down for Foles..........

this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9395905)

and Geno Smith.

and that.

Would not go higher than 5th this year, or perhaps a couple late picks this year and next year (6ths/7ths?), but would not give a 4th.

Don't see Foles as long term starter, but could bridge for a short spell and longer term backup.

bevischief 02-12-2013 07:46 AM

JFC...

ct 02-12-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396073)
Foles sucks.

So did Doug Pederson, but he started for bout half a season while McNabb got some legs under him that rookie season.

And I don't think Foles sucks, but he's certainly not great. For me anyway, I'm thinking QB2.

Unsmooth-Moment 02-12-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9396119)
Really it's like a 2nd rounder. I'd be ok for a 5-7th but yeah I'd rather sign one of the 3 slapdicks

It is a 2nd rounder. The Saints lost their 2nd rounder this year. :D

The Franchise 02-12-2013 08:31 AM

The Jets should trade for him.

suds79 02-12-2013 08:47 AM

Let me preface this before all the hate comes in. I want us to draft Geno Smith #1. But right now I have my doubts it's going to happen. Outside of Geno or Tyler Wilson, is there a rookie QB who I think could do better than Foles? I'm not so sure.

I know I'd much rather have Foles over a Matt Flynn or Alex Smith. We know what those guys are.

We don't really know that much about Foles being he just completed his rookie year.

In 7 games he posted...

60.8%, 1,699 yards (242.7 YPG), 6 TDs, 5 Ints, 79.1 QbR

So take that out over a 16 game season.

60.8%, 3,883 yards, 13 TDs, 11 Ints, 79.1 Qbr

I don't think that's too shabby for a rookie and considering what a train wreck that team was.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 08:48 AM

So much chatter about NOTHING.

Foles isn't going anywhere.

Vick's deal is essentially 1 year. They're not just gonna dump Foles.

Imon Yourside 02-12-2013 08:50 AM

Most likely landing spot? Plane never leaves the ground, he stays in Philly.

Frosty 02-12-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9396219)
Let me preface this before all the hate comes in. I want us to draft Geno Smith #1. But right now I have my doubts it's going to happen. Outside of Geno or Tyler Wilson, is there a rookie QB who I think could do better than Foles? I'm not so sure.

I know I'd much rather have Foles over a Matt Flynn or Alex Smith. We know what those guys are.

We don't really know that much about Foles being he just completed his rookie year.

In 7 games he posted...

60.8%, 1,699 yards (242.7 YPG), 6 TDs, 5 Ints, 79.1 QbR

So take that out over a 16 game season.

60.8%, 3,883 yards, 13 TDs, 11 Ints, 79.1 Qbr

I don't think that's too shabby for a rookie and considering what a train wreck that team was.

This. His stats aren't bad considering he was playing most of that time behind a terrible o-line, with his #1 RB out and a revolving door at WR AND he went through the off-season as the #3 QB so didn't have a lot of practice snaps.

Messier 02-12-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396105)
Nick Foles was an Air Raid QB with accuracy issues in college. He had absolutely no understanding of the timing and touch it requires to get that offense working correctly. He just shit crap out of his ass like Matt Cassel does when "everything was covered down field." I thought Foles was a shitty QB coming into the draft and I still think he's a shitty QB.

In the pros, behind a subpar offensive line, he put up putrid stats. Most of those 6 TDs came in garbage time action against teams like the Cowboys.

If we were meeting face-to-face, I would ask you to look me square in the eye and tell me Nick Foles could potentially be a good pro QB. And if you did that without laughing, I'D laugh at you for being a ****ing dumbass.

The Chiefs are going to sign a QB and draft one. What vet QB would be alright with you?

Chiefshrink 02-12-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9396229)
Most likely landing spot? Plane never leaves the ground, he stays in Philly.

Vick just agreed to a 1 yr in Philly.

Unsmooth-Moment 02-12-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9396221)
So much chatter about NOTHING.

Foles isn't going anywhere.

Vick's deal is essentially 1 year. They're not just gonna dump Foles.

I agree. Vick will get hurt at some point. Philly knows this.

Hammock Parties 02-12-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9396097)

He has a pretty nice arm.

http://i.imgur.com/M3YFS.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4e38k.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1286686/foles2.gif

htismaqe 02-12-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9396261)
Vick just agreed to a 1 yr in Philly.

And?

Foles is under his rookie contract. He'll still be under contract 2 years from now.

There's a reason they gave Vick what amounts to a 1-year deal.

They're not gonna get rid of Foles.

Messier 02-12-2013 09:41 AM

I'm sure Kelly wants to keep Foles, he has some promise, and is good competition at QB. We don't want him because FOLES SUCKS! iow Foles puts Geno at 1 in jeopardy.

Frosty 02-12-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9396342)
I'm sure Kelly wants to keep Foles, he has some promise, and is good competition at QB. We don't want him because FOLES SUCKS! iow Foles puts Geno at 1 in jeopardy.

Kelly said a lot of good things about Foles when the Ducks had to face him in the PAC-10/12 over the years and seems to be a fan. The question is if Foles fits Kelly's offense.

Steron 02-12-2013 09:48 AM

No thanks.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9396349)
Kelly said a lot of good things about Foles when the Ducks had to face him in the PAC-10/12 over the years and seems to be a fan. The question is if Foles fits Kelly's offense.

Kelly's offense doesn't fit the NFL. It's going to have to change.

Which basically puts every available option on the table.

Foles is as good an option as any right now.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9396342)
iow Foles puts Geno at 1 in jeopardy.

No, it doesn't.

Stop whining.

The Franchise 02-12-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9396367)
Kelly's offense doesn't fit the NFL. It's going to have to change.

Which basically puts every available option on the table.

Foles is as good an option as any right now.

This.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9396257)
The Chiefs are going to sign a QB and draft one. What vet QB would be alright with you?

I'm hoping the Tits outright cut Hasselbeck rather than mess around with extending him.

Hasselbeck would be perfect for Geno.

If he's not available, then just draft another guy.

Messier 02-12-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9396368)
No, it doesn't.

Stop whining.

I'm not saying that, that is the fear I think Geno fans have.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396461)
I'm hoping the Tits outright cut Hasselbeck rather than mess around with extending him.

Hasselbeck would be perfect for Geno.

If he's not available, then just draft another guy.

Pretty much where I'm at.

I'd rather draft an unknown in the 4th than give up a 3rd for an unknown like Foles.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9396480)
I'm not saying that, that is the fear I think Geno fans have.

No, it most certainly isn't.

RealSNR 02-12-2013 12:47 PM

I'd give up a 7th rounder for Matt Flynn as long as we drafted Geno at 1.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396493)
I'd give up a 7th rounder for Matt Flynn as long as we drafted Geno at 1.

A 7th? Sure.

A 3rd? No ****ing way.

RunKC 02-12-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9396065)
Foles is garbage. Utter garbage.

Stay away from that shitshow.

Dude threw 345+ yards twice and had a completion % over 60 in 5 of his 7 games while he worked with jack shit because his team was injured.

Wouldn't really consider that garbage.

Chris Meck 02-12-2013 01:09 PM

Foles is not garbage. This is not Matt Cassel 2.0. If you could get Foles for a anything less than a first I'd say take it. The kid's got a gun and if Reid wants him it's because he's already had the kid for a year and he thinks he's got 'it'.

IF we don't draft a QB in round one, I'd say Foles and maybe Nassib or Dysert in round 2 or 3 would be the next best option. I'd take Foles over Alex Smith, I certainly would.

This is not a 'backup'. This is not a starter that lost his job due to poor play. This is a kid who, as a rookie, played quite well on an absolute disaster of a team.

RunKC 02-12-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9396549)
Foles is not garbage. This is not Matt Cassel 2.0. If you could get Foles for a anything less than a first I'd say take it. The kid's got a gun and if Reid wants him it's because he's already had the kid for a year and he thinks he's got 'it'.

IF we don't draft a QB in round one, I'd say Foles and maybe Nassib or Dysert in round 2 or 3 would be the next best option. I'd take Foles over Alex Smith, I certainly would.

This is not a 'backup'. This is not a starter that lost his job due to poor play. This is a kid who, as a rookie, played quite well on an absolute disaster of a team.

Great post.

suds79 02-12-2013 01:16 PM

At this point a relevant question would be given what we'd have to give up.

Would I rather have Nick Foles or...

Mike Glennon, Zac Dysert, Landry Jones, EJ Manuel, Tyler Bray, Matt Flynn or Alex Smith.

For me I'd take Foles over Flynn, Smith, Dysert.

The rest for me it's a push. None of the above options get you all that fired up.

The Franchise 02-12-2013 01:20 PM

If we trade for Foles......say goodbye to drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds.

Beef Supreme 02-12-2013 01:22 PM

What makes anyone think Philly is going to do anything but keep him?

htismaqe 02-12-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9396549)

I agree with almost all of this other than the compensation. I'm not giving up anything more than a 4th for Foles.

You could literally get someone just like him in the 3rd round this year.

Chris Meck 02-12-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9396590)

Nothing, really. I'm pretty sure they do. It's all just speculation.

htismaqe 02-12-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9396590)

Welcome to the 21st century NFL, land of 24x7 "news".

The Franchise 02-12-2013 01:29 PM

Reid only started Foles last year because his hand was forced. When Vick wasn't turning the ball over....he was injured. Reid had no other choice. And I may be wrong....but I don't think that Reid was in charge of the drafts last year.

Frosty 02-12-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9396582)
If we trade for Foles......say goodbye to drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds.

If the Chiefs were to get Foles in a trade with the Eagles (for moving from 1 to 4) along with a 2nd this year and, say, a high pick next year, I could see them picking up someone like Manuel with one of the 2nds. They need to get more than one QB.

HolyHat 02-12-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9395901)
(countdown to the end of the world)

I just LOL'd ROFL