ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ****Official 2013 Weight Loss Challenge**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268338)

Buck 01-16-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326719)
Hey Buck,

Did you suffer any of what they call the "carb flu" when you first started. I have a massive headache most of the day today, although I am giving up diet soda for water, so that may be due to a lack of caffeine.

Yeah dude, it's your body adapting.

Get more sodium, make a cup of broth with bouillon if you have it, it will help a lot.

Pablo 01-16-2013 08:51 PM

Down ten pounds to 210. Just an apple for breakfast, salad for lunch, and a reasonable dinner and I'm good to go. No more soda or sweet drinks.

Booze is down to twice a week, so that will help.

KCUnited 01-16-2013 08:56 PM

For that busy body on the go. I'll take several eggs, some cooked sausage, spinach, cheese, or whatever. Whip it all together, pour in a muffin tin and bake it. Pop out little breakfast muffins for the entire week. Breakfast on the fly. I'll eat them cold in a pinch.

keg in kc 01-16-2013 09:06 PM

Last week's been a bit of a shambles for me. I decided I needed to shuffle my sleep around, which will be good long term (if I stick to it) but has me just dead physically. Lost a full week of running, which shouldn't be a big deal. Didn't impact my diet at all. 16 days, no dining out.

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 9326780)
Down ten pounds to 210. Just an apple for breakfast, salad for lunch, and a reasonable dinner and I'm good to go. No more soda or sweet drinks.

Booze is down to twice a week, so that will help.

Awesome job! Keep up the hard work. I would encourage you to research eating too few calories. If that's all you ate today, I'd be concerned that you're not eating enough calories. Though the immediate results are exciting, it slowly kills your metabolism. Cutting out soda and sweet drinks is an awesome start though! Keep on Keepin' on bro

Cmd'r&Chief 01-16-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9326841)
Last week's been a bit of a shambles for me. I decided I needed to shuffle my sleep around, which will be good long term (if I stick to it) but has me just dead physically. Lost a full week of running, which shouldn't be a big deal. Didn't impact my diet at all. 16 days, no dining out.

16 days into it? Dude you got this shit. I hope your body better adapts to your new sleep schedule. Best of Luck!

ArrowheadHawk 01-17-2013 07:27 AM

Down 11 pounds so far this month.

MagicHef 01-17-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9326658)
Thank you, your offer of help means a lot, and it is greatly appreciated. I will be hitting you up with questions/etc.

My biggest obstacle is not the sugary sweets...it is the starchy carbs. I love pizza, bread, potatoes, etc.

When I find a good pizza replacement that fills my craving for it, that will make a huge difference! I miss pizza already, and it is just the first day.

You can make a reasonable pizza crust out of cauliflower, eggs and cheese. I tried it and was surprised at how good it was, it tastes like cauliflower flavored pizza crust.

http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16...awaiian-pizza/

mnchiefsguy 01-18-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9327813)
You can make a reasonable pizza crust out of cauliflower, eggs and cheese. I tried it and was surprised at how good it was, it tastes like cauliflower flavored pizza crust.

http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/ 1...awaiian-pizza/

Thanks for the link. I am hesitant to try it, because I am not a cauliflower fan, although if enough seasoning and garlic was added, that might hide the cauliflower taste.

Some folks claim there is no cauliflower taste, but with that much cauliflower in it, I am not sure how you can avoid it.

mnchiefsguy 01-18-2013 02:26 PM

Day three, and I think I am doing okay. Headaches have subsided, I have managed to keep my carb count well below 20, and my blood sugar has responded. Had some of the best glucose readings in awhile yesterday and today. Not sure if the weight loss has started to kick in, I will probably wait to weigh until I have being on the diet for a week or two.

The Franchise 01-18-2013 02:42 PM

Check out www.atkinsdietgeek.com

ArrowheadHawk 01-19-2013 08:52 AM

How do guys on diets handle drinking beer? I'm planning to keep my food calorie count normal and go ahead and have some beers today. I figure that is still better than before my diet. I figure as long as I only do this every other week I should be good.

mnchiefsguy 01-19-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9331158)

Thanks for the link, found several recipes I am going to have to try out!

I have been winging it the first few days of the diet...figuring out what I want to eat, and then my wife has been running to the store every day to get what I need. Today's goal is plan out some menu and make a complete list of what I need for the next 5-7 days, and hit the store to stock up. Meal planning will help keep me on track better I think, and minimize opportunities to fall off of the wagon.

Got a pedometer yesterday. Starting out with just walking for my exercise, since regular walking has a positive effect on my blood sugar, and I think my back will be more tolerate or more aerobic exercise once I drop some pounds. Went to the YMCA last night and walk for around 90 minutes and put in about 5000 steps. Going to try to make it back there this afternoon if I can.

Buck 01-21-2013 11:55 PM

MOTHER**** THIS BROKEN ANKLE!

I'm getting soft...fat...it ****ing sucks.

I've not been able to weigh myself at all, but I'm betting I've put on a good 5 lbs the last 2 weeks since I broke it.

1ChiefsDan 01-22-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9326697)
This is where I come in and save you.

I make something that looks like this.

http://i.imgur.com/xpPFg.jpg

Brown 1 or 2 lbs of hamburger (seasoned to your taste)
Drain
Put back in pan
Add tomatoes / tomato sauce (optional)
Let cook on the burner on low for maybe 10 min (let the liquids in the tomatoes reduce a little)
Cover in mozzarella shredded cheese and pepperoni
Put in oven under broiler for 5-6 min to melt cheese

p.s. In the pic I only used 1 lb of hamburger meat, it was a wide pan though so it looks flat. I cook 2 lbs in that pan now.

Made this tonight with ground turkey, garlic, onion and black olives. It was great and the kids liked it too.