ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Where we are, roster-wise. Volume 2013. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272563)

Mr. Laz 04-27-2013 04:46 PM

didn't Lilja come back?

crazycoffey 04-27-2013 05:01 PM

It's horrible! I hate it! We can do better. Guess it could be worse. It's really not too bad. I actually kind of like it. It's brilliant!

Rain Man 04-27-2013 05:02 PM

My thoughts with color coding. Green = I'm happy. Orange = somewhat concerned. Red = Problem.

QB - (sigh)

RB - Charles makes it great. I don't know if this new guy will spell him or not. It sounds like he's the most talented running back in the hospital every week.

FB - We drafted a fullback? Nobody drafts a fullback any more. I think we're okay here. I actually like DiMarco last year.

WR - This is going to be the most interesting training camp battle. If Baldwin would develop like a first round guy should, it could actually be a pretty good unit. If Baldwin remains Baldwin it's going to be kind of deep but with a low ceiling.

TE - At least we have enough guys that injuries won't hurt us too bad. Pretty meh, but adequate.

OT - If Albert plays with passion we're strong. I liked Stephenson last year, too, despite the one bad game. He showed promise. (We still should have taken Russell Wilson, though.)

OG - Seems deep, if not astounding.

OC - Scary. Hopefully Hudson comes back strong. I've never heard of Kush and he's not mentioned in any of my draft magazines, which doesn't build confidence.

NT - They must like what they see in Powe as depth, so I guess we're okay.

DE - Frightfully thin and scary. This is going to be a problem.

OLB - Worldbeaters if they can stay healthy. Terrible if they don't.

ILB - DJ and ... who are those other guys? Hopefully that new guy who's not Matt Barkley can claim the job.

CB - Seems pretty deep.

S - I really hope we can replace Kendrick Lewis. That new guy is listed in my draft magazines as "a cornerback who should be a strong safety" and a free safety. I wonder where he'll end up and if he can fight for the starting job.

K - Okay.

P - Incredible pro bowler.

LS - I haven't seen any errors yet, so he's awesome.

Direckshun 04-27-2013 11:58 PM

Updated.

Dayze 04-28-2013 12:11 AM

I think it's obvious that the Chiefs are going to try to get mismatch options. I know that's going out on a limb......]

But I think the best way to make Smith successful is to creat multiple run/pass plays out of similar formations. I highly doubt we'll be a downfield offense, but we'll rely on mismatches and/or PA passes. A guy like Kelce can block very well, and -while not a world beater - can catch passes.

This offense, on pass plays, is going to need the QB to identify mismatches, and get the ball out in rythym. Either by motion, or whatever.

I think Davis can provide some of this deception or play making.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Davis is a great pick or anything, but he's significant enough to teams to at least account for him.

The Chiefs now have enough options in terms of formation where teams can't stack the box on every ****ing down like they did with Cassel/Charles/Hillis. They at least have to be somewhat concerned of pass plays. Assuming of course that our 1st down /2nd down runs are sufficient - which should be given our line.

My $.02

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-28-2013 12:21 AM

Why wouldn't you just put eight in the box and run bracket coverage on Bowe against the Chiefs?

This team will run the ball well, throw all kinds of short passes, have very long drives, get stalled deep in enemy territory, and kick a metric ****ton of FGs.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

DE
Mike DeVito
Tyson Jackson
Allen Bailey
Daniel Muir
Marcus Dixon
Rob Lohr
This is a load of shit and I'm disappointed we didn't try to get someone athletic in the draft.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9639917)
Why wouldn't you just put eight in the box and run bracket coverage on Bowe against the Chiefs?

This team will run the ball well, throw all kinds of short passes, have very long drives, get stalled deep in enemy territory, and kick a metric ****ton of FGs.

There's a reason David Akers set an NFL record for FGs in 2011.

That reason: Alex ****ing Smith.

HemiEd 04-28-2013 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9638118)
remember when people said trading up for Tony Moeaki was going to be the best TE from that draft too?

and he ended up being like, the worst.

Who said that? All I remember is the complaints about the move.

ayleswbj 04-28-2013 06:42 AM

Lotta people down on Avery, he was quite a talent before he blew his knee out an had a pretty decent year last season. He gets healthier and healthier. Hes a good little rec with a ton of speed. gonna help us out for sure

AussieChiefsFan 04-28-2013 06:46 AM

Man do we have a shit-tonne of RBs.

Mile High Mania 04-28-2013 07:02 AM

Receiver group looks a bit ... Blah.

the Talking Can 04-28-2013 08:34 AM

amazing after all these years that we still basically have jack shit on our DL...it could easily be one of the worst in the league...just gross, not a single disruptor

but we have a lot of interesting pieces in the secondary

our WR roster is weird..deep, but still kind of punchless, and no young developing WR (unless Baldwin wakes up)

i wish we'd grabbed Bailey in the 3rd...

DTLB58 04-28-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9640264)
amazing after all these years that we still basically have jack shit on our DL...it could easily be one of the worst in the league...just gross, not a single disruptor

but we have a lot of interesting pieces in the secondary

our WR roster is weird..deep, but still kind of punchless, and no young developing WR (unless Baldwin wakes up)

i wish we'd grabbed Bailey in the 3rd...

Couldn't agree more. DL and WR priority in next years draft.

DTLB58 04-28-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9638268)
It's horrible! I hate it! We can do better. Guess it could be worse. It's really not too bad. I actually kind of like it. It's brilliant!

Perfect quote for CP. :clap:

Kinda like all the different opinions when the Raiders drafted Wilson yesterday at QB.