ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert Wilson (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289168)

RunKC 12-15-2014 12:02 AM

Albert Wilson

7 catches, 122 yards the last 2 games he started seeing real action.

Liked what he has shown so far. He's a decent blocker too. What are your thoughts? Nice number 4 WR (maybe the 3rd WR) for the future?

Would be really nice if he became a nice contributing WR for years so we at least got someone from the best WR class ever.
And he's a hell of a lot better than Jenkins, Avery and Hammond. **** those guys.

RealSNR 12-15-2014 12:09 AM

He's not better than Avery LMAO

At least you can't say for sure. The sample size is too small. We don't even know if he's better at staying healthy than Avery is, which is our biggest problem with him at the moment.

thabear04 12-15-2014 12:09 AM

For a player who didn't really get look at. Glad we kept him on the roster.

TLO 12-15-2014 12:11 AM

JAG

Hammock Parties 12-15-2014 12:12 AM

He's going to be a good player IMO. The one thing separating him from all the other "black Welker" clones is he has legit 4.3 speed.

Saccopoo 12-15-2014 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11193896)
He's not better than Avery LMAO

At least you can't say for sure. The sample size is too small. We don't even know if he's better at staying healthy than Avery is, which is our biggest problem with him at the moment.

Avery sucks.

Bad hands. Horrible route running. Can't/won't go over the middle. Wears baggy, long sleeve shirts.

RunKC 12-15-2014 12:16 AM

He's not some scrawny receiver like Avery, DAT or DMC. The guy is 200 lbs and has used it to block and take the hits outside.

He's a midget, but I want him here in the lineup next year.

RunKC 12-15-2014 12:17 AM

Honestly wouldn't mind having Bowe, Avant and Wilson here next year with 2 new WR's to make up our WR core.

Hoover 12-15-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11193906)
He's not some scrawny receiver like Avery, DAT or DMC. The guy is 200 lbs and has used it to block and take the hits outside.

He's a midget, but I want him here in the lineup next year.

I've read that about him before!

:evil:

RealSNR 12-15-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11193903)
Avery sucks.

Bad hands. Horrible route running. Can't/won't go over the middle. Wears baggy, long sleeve shirts.

I remember when AJ Jenkins "busted out" at the end of last year and everybody said he was better than Avery.

Avery has a ****ing body of work to show for his time in the NFL. It's not much, but it's significant enough that he still burns coverages with his speed when he's healthy.

Saying Wilson is already better than Avery is just another example of Chiefs fans shooting their loads over nobodies too soon because they're just so damn desperate for stars on the team.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2014 12:23 AM

Wilson was an excellent FBS player. He has sub 4.4 speed and just needs time to develop.

It's hilarious that people are screaming "Why don't the Chiefs develop receivers!" when in fact, that's exactly what they're doing with Hammond, jr. and Wilson.

Wilson has excellent upside, IMO, despite the fact that Direckshun "cuts" him in every mock draft.

LMAO

RealSNR 12-15-2014 12:25 AM

Snoop Minnis is way better than Derrick Alexander!

TLO 12-15-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11193910)
I remember when AJ Jenkins "busted out" at the end of last year and everybody said he was better than Avery.

Avery has a ****ing body of work to show for his time in the NFL. It's not much, but it's significant enough that he still burns coverages with his speed when he's healthy.

Saying Wilson is already better than Avery is just another example of Chiefs fans shooting their loads over nobodies too soon because they're just so damn desperate for stars on the team.

And it happens with the WR position more than any other.

Junior Hemmingway
Bobby Sippio
Lance Long
Etc....

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11193910)

It's too early to predict his career numbers but for a guy from a small school that's improved each week of his rookie season, I think it's fair to be optimistic about his upside.

Avery, IMO, it a major disappointment but at the same time, no one should be surprised. His career has been extremely rocky due to his inability to stay healthy. He'd probably be a solid 60-70 catch a year guy if not for his constant injuries.

jonzie04 12-15-2014 12:29 AM

He destroyed his guy on that 23 yarder to dat, sucks he blocked too early. Im not going to say hes better than avery right now, but he does have a MUCH higher celing. What really seperate the two is quickness and physicality. Wilison is a lot more physical player than avery. His release is pretty nasty. He made both peterson and cromartie look pretty silly last week when they tried to press him. Wilson also looks quite a bit quicker than avery to me, and looks like he could be a more dangerous ball carrier, but we havent seen enough of that to say he is.