ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thank You Sir May I Have Another? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305998)

Halfcan 02-15-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 12742379)
Lamar Hunt Clark Hunt and Carl Peterson Scott Pioli John Dorsey thank you for your loyalty.

After two decades of being a season ticket holder and getting generic thank you letters after I coughed up the money-I finally had enough. The Herm years finally broke the perpetual cycle of despair for me.

Pay for tickets while still being broke from Christmas and end of the year taxes / bills. Scrape the money together and send it to One Arrowhead Way.

Suffer through full price, hot boring preseason games watching scrubs that never make the team.

Get excited for Home Opener. Grill with my buds, have fun, and then watch the Chiefs lose.

Drag through season having to get up early on Sundays in all kinds of shitty weather, rain, sleet, sub zero cold to watch the Chiefs struggle with a shit QB going against teams that usually had better.

Send more money to One Arrowhead way when the Chiefs would luck out and get a wildcard berth or on a good year (thanks to defense) would win the division.

Watch Chiefs squander every chance, fumble, bumble, and choke away a win.

While the playoff loss is still fresh in mind- first payment due on tickets.

Watch the Chiefs pass on every good QB in the draft-usually picking up some long shot nobody in the late rounds to hold the clipboard.

After standing out there watching them choke this year to the Steelers-I am thankful I am Not a season ticket holder anymore. It would kill me to send in that money to watch another year of Alex struggling to throw for 175 yards a game.

Titty Meat 02-15-2017 01:29 PM

Not worth it

Squalor2 02-15-2017 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12742253)
Today is the final day for re-newing season tickets.

Mine are up to $155 each face value.

Ouch.

damn George. you ought to do a ticket telethon tailgate every sunday in the parking lot.

send a letter to the front office and ask for a 10% discount for each decade you have been a sth.

Rasputin 02-15-2017 02:25 PM

I'd tell you not to renew them George Blowfish but your top 10 provide a service to those that think we want to go but reminds us why we don't go in the first place so you are vital and we appreciate you taking it for the Chiefs Planet team.

gblowfish 02-15-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squalor2 (Post 12742474)
damn George. you ought to do a ticket telethon tailgate every sunday in the parking lot.

send a letter to the front office and ask for a 10% discount for each decade you have been a sth.

In 1993 when the Chiefs got one game away from the Super Bowl, the team sent out a letter signed by Carl Peterson which basically told all the STH to F Off, and not bug the team for Super Bowl Tickets.

Showed me what they really thought of my family supporting them at that juncture for 27 years.

Now my family's been STH for exactly 50 years.

This will be our 50th year. Shudder to think how much money that is.

Eureka 02-15-2017 04:15 PM

That seems like a lot, Must be great seats! I pay less than half that for great seats in Oakland.

Squalor2 02-15-2017 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 12742598)
In 1993 when the Chiefs got one game away from the Super Bowl, the team sent out a letter signed by Carl Peterson which basically told all the STH to F Off, and not bug the team for Super Bowl Tickets.

Showed me what they really thought of my family supporting them at that juncture for 27 years.

thats gotta be well over 350 games your family has been to not counting pre-season.
do yourself (and us top 10ers) a favor, step away from the calculator.

HemiEd 02-15-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12742414)
Not worth it

If you had Georges money it just might be.

Thanks for supporting our team George.

Rain Man 02-15-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

I added it up. Hmm, what a coincidence: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305934

Halfcan 02-15-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

I think King Carl raised the ticket prices every year but 2.

When I got my tickets they were $25.00 per game and parking was $10.00.
(2 tickets @ $25.00 plus parking=$60.00) per game. $30.00 per ticket.

When I dumped them- they were $77.00, parking was $35.00 and they added a special $50.00 charge for each ticket holder fee onto my account.
(2 tickets @ $77.00 plus parking= $189.00 plus account fee $5.00 = $194.00 / 2 = $97.00 per ticket. This includes shitty preseason games. So as a long time ticket holder-I got to pay MORE than face value per game.

Over a 300% increase over the years to see 1 Playoff home win against the Steelers with Joe Montana.

I have no idea what I spent for playoff tickets or money inside Arrowhead. I am sure I would have enough to buy a new car with all I gave them.

The minute the Chiefs would clinch a shitty wild card spot- the Chiefs had those letters out getting us to pay for playoff tickets- half the time we did not end up with the games we paid for-so got a credit off first months payment. Chiefs got to hold all that money for months.

Hammock Parties 02-15-2017 06:19 PM

Sitting on the front row of an NFL game for $155 a seat is a bargain.

Stop whining.

Rain Man 02-15-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12742814)

Stop whining.

$155 would buy me a ton of cashews and Pibb Extra. If we're measuring happiness per dollar, that might be hard to beat.

scho63 02-15-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12742814)

Stop whining.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/...0/24747300.jpg

Hammock Parties 02-15-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12742839)
$155 would buy me a ton of cashews and Pibb Extra. If we're measuring happiness per dollar, that might be hard to beat.

Life is about experiences.

Rain Man 02-15-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spider2YBanana (Post 12742843)
Life is about experiences.

What if I spend it on the cashews and Pibb and then do a hike?