ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Let the Right One In (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204017)

Buns 03-11-2009 12:13 PM

Let the Right One In

Hey all, Lurks McGee here.

One of the best films of 2008 (IMHO) came out yesterday on DVD and Blu-Ray. I got a copy a while back and was dubbing them for friends at school. Criminally unnoticed, it's a romantic vampire horror film. Haven't seen Twilight, but I'm pretty sure this is nothing like that. Harry from AintItCool's favorite film of last year (Mine too, next to WALL-E). See it.

<object height="264" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICp4g9p_rgo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="264" width="425"></object>

QuikSsurfer 03-11-2009 01:06 PM

a worthy repost

edit: didn't know it was out on dvd though. i'll need to pick this one up.

KcMizzou 03-11-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5573352)
a worthy repost

edit: didn't know it was out on dvd though. i'll need to pick this one up.

Me too. Best vampire movie in years.

Miles 03-11-2009 04:52 PM

Watched it last night on Blu-Ray and really enjoyed it. It may not quite live up the increasing hype surrounding the film, but it was nice to see something different in a genre that has been pretty stale and repetitive as of late.

heapshake 03-11-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iChief702 (Post 5573227)

Criminally unnoticed, it's a romantic vampire horror film.

How is it "criminally unnoticed"? It seems like this movie has been hyped for a long time. I had been looking forward to seeing it on DVD and when I watched it yesterday I was disappointed. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't nearly was great as I'd been expecting. Its an interesting story, but there were parts that just didn't make sense to me. My main problem was I didn't understand why she'd let an adult go kill for her when she didn't seem to have too much of a problem doing it on her own. Also it seemed like he'd been doing it for awhile, but he did a pretty lousy job at it. All in all though I'd recommend it to others.

oaklandhater 03-11-2009 08:24 PM

http://www.filmjunk.com/2008/03/19/j...-right-one-in/

ill wait for the us remake :)

ZootedGranny 03-11-2009 08:34 PM

Definitely one of my favorite movies of last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 5574372)
ill wait for the us remake :)

Are you gonna flip out if it's released during the week instead of the usual Friday?

KcMizzou 03-11-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heapshake (Post 5574363)
How is it "criminally unnoticed"? It seems like this movie has been hyped for a long time. I had been looking forward to seeing it on DVD and when I watched it yesterday I was disappointed. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't nearly was great as I'd been expecting. Its an interesting story, but there were parts that just didn't make sense to me. My main problem was I didn't understand why she'd let an adult go kill for her when she didn't seem to have too much of a problem doing it on her own. Also it seemed like he'd been doing it for awhile, but he did a pretty lousy job at it. All in all though I'd recommend it to others.

He was her handler. She was trying to stay hidden... she was among last of a dying breed. And I don't know that he was bad at it... that's just the point in time where the movie picked up the story. He'd served her for many, many years.

Spoiler!

It's certainly not for everyone, but I loved the melancholy feel of it. I don't think Eli wants to do what she does, or be what she is.

Sad, creepy, cool, and original, esp. for a vampire flick.

KcMizzou 03-11-2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 5574372)

Gah.

Just stop it, J.J. Stop.

oaklandhater 03-11-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 5574392)
Definitely one of my favorite movies of last year.

Are you gonna flip out if it's released during the week instead of the usual Friday?

If they release it on any other day then wednesday or friday then Yes...... Yes I am :)

heapshake 03-12-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5574399)
He was her handler. She was trying to stay hidden... she was among last of a dying breed. And I don't know that he was bad at it... that's just the point in time where the movie picked up the story. He'd served her for many, many years.

Spoiler!

I understand that he was her handler, but for being a serial killer he seemed to bumble around quite a bit. Also how could her breed be dying - doesn't she just have to bite someone to keep the breed going? I enjoyed the movie, but it just didn't live up to all the hype that I'd heard about it.

Delano 03-12-2009 06:24 PM

I really liked the cinematography. I thought the child actors were phenomenal.

I'm still digesting the story; so far it has provoked some interesting thoughts.

Crush 03-13-2009 03:09 PM

It is definitely one of the best movies that I have ever seen.

Reaper16 03-13-2009 10:33 PM

This was number 7 on my personal top ten for last year. I loved the shit out of it.

Delano 03-14-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5581328)
This was number 7 on my personal top ten for last year. I loved the shit out of it.

Where is your list? LINK!